It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
bumping for later

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Unfortunately when such history comes to light people will learn that nations like the U.S. made a pact with what the bible calls "the fallen angels," meanwhile those fallen angels and nations like the U.S. chase away and attack the angels that are supposed to still be working for Elohim, and keep trying to make contact with us.

Supposedly, when the "fallen angels" were following Elohim's commands, they were beautiful. But after the rebellion they were transformed into ugly creatures like the greys. Since then the greys, and other fallen angels keep trying to once again make hybrids with humans, trying to make themselves look like they used to. The original sin would be the fact that angels saw the daughters of men as being very beautiful, and from their union the giants of olden times came to be.

Part of our history can still be learned from the Torah, and the bible. Some things were changed, or hidden. Entire books which were supposed to be part of the bible were labeled as apocryphal, and heretic teachings.

edit on 30-12-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I wouldn't want to find out......but I reckon it would be easy.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Here below is an aerial photograph of the great Sphinx. It is worth noting that aerial photography in the area is restricted. If you look at the top of the head you will note a round lighter coloured patch. It looks like it has been altered

[SNIP]

It is the case of the hollow head waiting for the brain that has the ability to command it all. LOL Leave it all to the big dipper..
edit on 12/31/2018 by eriktheawful because: Edited out excessive quote.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

This thread really is a breath of fresh air for this site. Love the topic and write-up, fascinating stuff. I hope one day I will get to visit this area, just too risky as a white male (33) from the US.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My takeaway from the dude standing in the hole on the sphinx's head is that it's not a tunnel/entrance, but a pit. He's standing on solid ground there, and it's not even arm's length across -- not that big of a pit. I bet if anything, it probably was ceremonial such as a spot where a ritual-ish container item was situated, sort of like the fire temples of Zoroastrianism, except atop a big-ass head.

It's also possible it was straight-up functional like a land lighthouse, a visual marker for people. Anybody know if the Sphinx ever had any evidence of soot or charring up there either way?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

if it's just a pit why cover it up with an entrance>

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DARKMINDEDSTAR
Nice write-up on the Sphinx! I did some basic digging and found this article from 2000. Goes on to discuss the known holes, openings, and entrances at the time and also documents cavities within the Sphinx and who made what "discoveries".
I wish I could travel to these exotic locations and do my own research and post raw and uneditied photos and videos. httpp://www.catchpenny.org/passages.html

Huh, wish I'd checked the link before I posted, I was nowhere close on my guess.

Baraize also paved with cement a deep hole on the top of the Sphinx's head. The hole measures approximately 5 feet square and nearly 6 feet deep. An iron trap door was fitted to the mouth of the hole. It has been theorized that the hole, began as a means for affixing a headdress to the sphinx in the manner of the New Kingdom (see photo below), was later deepened in search of hidden chambers.

Considering the mini-sphinx stature there, that headdress theory makes an immense amount of sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

isn't there a theory out there that the head was carved and originally had the head of anubis?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

if it's just a pit why cover it up with an entrance>

Either read my post above for the C & P regarding it, or check the last post on the first page, and follow it's link.

Aside from that specific area, reading about the other holes and such really rams home that early archaeology was a touch barbaric & rough on the sphinx back then.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

isn't there a theory out there that the head was carved and originally had the head of anubis?

There's a theory that the statue used to be one of Anubis. I'm fond of the theory myself, but there's not much evidence for it out there. It's as equally plausible to me that that was the original intent of it as the theory that Djedefre carved it in the image of his papa, Khufu.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I think the fact that the present head is so small in proportion to the body is very strong evidence that the original head was significantly modified.

Anubis..a lion...regardless, what we see today does not look to be the original.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

now that I think of it it looks like it may have been seriously eroded before they even carved the head out again in the first place. look at the size proportions of the legs to the body as well
edit on 31-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

now that I think of it it looks like it may have been seriously eroded before they even carved the head out again in the first place. look at the size proportions of the legs to the body as well

Yes, it's very small in proportion to the rest of it. IIRC, there's a very plausible theory that the Nile was much closer to it at some point, there is also evidence of water erosion on the body, and evidence it might be far older than the current 'accepted' theories.

edit on 12/31/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

There's also strong evidence of water erosion around the edges of the enclosure. Which obviously has to point to a tine when Egypt was wetter. At least 10,000 years ago if we're going by rain. Unless the Nile has been closer. That would change the game.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
Love this stuff, thanks for your effort and input.

Honestly though, after reading ATS for years,I just can't draw too many conclusions about ancient Egypt here on the boards without Harte and/or merka's input , even as disabling and disenchanting as it can be, haha.

Keep waiting. The 'experts' wont have much to say. Why do you think they have yet to comment on this thread?

They turn up to debunk. There not going to debunk this. Its there with plenty of photographic evidence and written account.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Thank you for your reply. Lots of stuff there for me to learn and think about.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Going by the guy standing in it, I believe its just a hole for something that once fixed on the head of the sphinx. Possibly a slanted tophat. Egyptians knew style.
edit on 31-12-2018 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Going by the guy standing in it, I believe its just a hole for something that once fixed on the head of the sphinx. Possibly a slanted tophat. Egyptians knew style.

You cannot correctly surmise that from the image shown. You can simply correctly state that there is a hole there and if you look for the arial images you cans see that is has some depth.

George Andrew Reisner (Havard) had a long and notable archaeological carer. Have a read for yourself. Yet somehow you think your very limited knowledge on this subject is more correct than his. He is the one that went there not you.

He also created a list of Egyptian viceroys of Kush. He found the tomb of Queen Hetepheres I, the mother of King Khufu (Cheops in Greek) who built the Great Pyramid at Giza. During this time he also explored mastabas. Arthur Merton (London Times) remarked in 1936 in the aftermath of the Abuwtiyuw discovery that Reisner "enjoys an unrivalled position not only as the outstanding figure in present-day Egyptology, but also as a man whose soundness of judgement and extensive general knowledge are widely conceded."[2]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-12-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Some of this I had read about in the past, the majority I have not, thanks for a great thread and new information to read up on, love it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join