It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Door in Great Sphinx leading to the Hall of Records (Cover up!)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Stability. The same stability a child discovers when stacking blocks.

Not buying that. All over the world thousands of years ago. Culutres deciced to build the largest buildings on the planet in the shape of pryamids.

They all built them the same way the world over and then they just stopped. You cannot admit to the possibility of a pattern here? Well there is a pattern here if you choice to see it or not.

So where you fall short others will pick up the gauntlet and continue. It amazes me how people will accept the statue quo without any critical questioning. It also is difficult to discuss with someone that cannot see an opposing point of view. I can see yours because once I would have agreed with you.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

As humans we often make connectuons that are just not there. Its human nature we look for patterns and if they dont exist we create them.

A pyramid is a natural progression for anyone learning to build. To build higher you need to expand the base.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I really like these star shaped rocks I find them very enigmatic. Thank you for your reply but again I would request evidence. For there appears to me to be a few holes (excuse the pun) in your provided explanation.

II have tried looking myself to what drill device could actually do this. See these stars vary in size and taper and in places turn into a core further down.

They are also found in many locations in the world. Often dug out in pristine ground where workman have not been before.

For example here are some found in Dartmoor. Hut circles Harford Moor Gate. This site incase you were not aware is a Scheduled Monument in Harford. (England) No one is drilling there These holes are considered ancient. So here we have an ancient example of these star drill holes.

So again your story provided does not add what so ever. Below are a couple of pictures and some links. look at them are they not lovely and sweet.!

www.dartmoorcam.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It is not a natural progression for people all over the world to build pyramids and then stop. Why would religion and archetecutre the world over use the same numbers. Take the 144,000 for example.

144,000 casing stones on the great pryamid. Call it what it is. The pyramid of Osiris . (magic numbes always equal 9

144,000 days in a mayan Baktun

144,000 mentioned three times in the book of revelations.

144,000 prohpets in Islam

I could go on. So if you are so sure there are no connections here explain this. I could explain it to you but I fear it would fall on deaf ears.

If you want to understand why the pattern is there look for yourself. I am not here to convince you or anyone else. But I will share truth so people may look and discern for themselves..

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

This has already been discussed to death here. The exact same type of cuts have been duplicated in modern times by experimental archaeology (Denys Stocks) using copper tools and sand.

Its not that simple again the core samples prove to be somewhat enigmatic.Petrie's Infamous Core 7. Look at this beauty and this one is not alone.

Flinders Petrie's book Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh. In his book, Petrie described an artifact with marks of a drilling process that left a spiral groove in granite that indicated that the drill sank into the granite at .100 inch per revolution of the drill. Reid and Brownlee, upon physical examination of this artifact, the infamous drill core #7, testified that the grooves were not spiral grooves but individual rings, and were common to cores found in any modern quarry in England.

www.gizapower.com...

Get your noggin around that. These things were not extracting using rock dust. These circular rings where not made using copper and thats a fact.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

After most of the stone-cutting work had been done, the architects realized that moving stones that big from Yangshan to Ming Xiaoling, let alone installing them there in a proper way, would not be physically possible. As a result, the project was abandoned.

What is your source for that. I know what it is and I will share it for you.

At the very least the only evidence supporting the story of the Yongle Emperor is from the Yongle Emperor himself, who was well known for rewriting history. In fact, the first paragraph of his personal depiction on wiki describes the motivation for his “wide-ranging effort to destroy or falsify records”

Here is a picture of the lump. It really is something is it not. Now if you are correct and this has been cut in the traditional manor. Then I would guess the lumps protuding from the top are traditional too? I have looked and I am not finding any evidence to support this..

However I can find evidence of other megalithics where these protrusion occur also.

Boom!

The strange 'knobs' supposedly used to carry the stones are extremely similar to those found in Peru, Bolivia, Egypt, Lebanon, Japan etc.

Again I am demonstrating a linkage between several megalithic cultures. The best you can provide me with here is a half backed story from the alphabet wiki.

Now lets use are noggins again. Look at the story you shared. Does it really add up.

The steles are usually several tons. Due to the difficulty in moving large stones, the magnitude of the emperor’s reign corresponded to the magnitude of rocks on his grave. So a well-loved Emperor, with a powerful army and a litany of military wins, construction achievements and happy concubines, may warrant a Stele of 5 tonnes. The most notable Emperor of the Ming Dynasty was acknowledged with a 50 tonne turtle stele.

In 1405, the Yongle Empower wanted something bigger than the previous extreme 50 tonne stone to be quarried in reverence of his dead dad, Ming. What a good son. The Emperor abandons a 10 tonne stele idea and begins cutting a 31,000 tonne stele.

As it reaches completion every man and his chow-chow realise, there is no way to lift, move or place multi thousand ton megaliths, so it was all abandoned. They eventually used an 8 tonne stele.

That story is total rubbish.

The master builders of China, who understood their capacity so well, who had moved thousands of Stele for generations, pushing the limits of their engineering and construction, made such a childish, idiotic mistake.

Are the Chinese known for bewildering incompetence when it comes to construction?

Fake news is all the rage these days.

Thank you for replies. I will have to stop there for the night now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Thank you for the youtube video. I will watch it now for night time relaxation. If its any good I will download it as youtube are removing videos they dont like very quickly these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Shall we mention the hundreds of Chinese pyramids too???

No doubt Harte will have an answer for those too......

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sirstudly

Shall we mention the hundreds of Chinese pyramids too???

No doubt Harte will have an answer for those too......

Your doing exactly what I was talking about. You are making correlations which just are not there. Chinese pyramids are dirt hills they used to cover a temple. Ever piled up dirt it naturally forms a pyramid. Any kid with a sand vixen known this. Then the Mayan pyramids are nothing like the Egyptian pyramids. Diffrent design different building method. Mayans built a mound than covered the outside with stone. None of these are the same yet you want to make a connection

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Thank you for your reply.

I have read the conventinal story too. But does it addadd up. I can show you many megalithic quarry sites all around the world where work has been stopped very abruptly. Again this is a a worldwide event.

Is there any evidence to suggest the Greeks could cut 50 tonne circular stone from bedrock and remove it. What type of machinery would they have used. These are core drills you can see that from the image. They are cut streight down. Can you show me a method that can do this and mangage to exert the enough pressure to cut the rock. Funny your Wikipedia fails to show how they did this.

More to the point. Use your powers of observation Look at the pictures of this site and note the amount of megalithics that are strewn about. What great destructive force has caused the rocks to move so much. This ties in very nicely with a world changing event.

Can you show me any empirical historic evidence for an event that caused multi ton rocks around like the one above to be tossed about like flotsam. I cannot locate such event in the time period mentioned. If you cannot then the point you made appears to be invalid.

Happy days

It's a quarry. There are stones there that were left in the middle of processing. How is it odd to find stones strewn about a quarry where work ended abruptly?
The main stone in this pic might have been being moved when work stopped due to the attack by Carthage. Again, this was an operating quarry up until around 400 BC. People were actually writing then you know. That's a hundred years before Plato's Dialogues, and a hundred years after Herodotus.

So something earth-shattering happened at this quarry in Sicily, but the rest of the world took no notice, and it happened to coincide with the invasion of Carthaginians, who destroyed the town?

Look, you asked me. You can think any crazy crap you want about this fully understood site. I think I'll go with what is known to have happened.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Stability. The same stability a child discovers when stacking blocks.

Not buying that. All over the world thousands of years ago. Culutres deciced to build the largest buildings on the planet in the shape of pryamids.

They all built them the same way the world over and then they just stopped. You cannot admit to the possibility of a pattern here? Well there is a pattern here if you choice to see it or not.

So where you fall short others will pick up the gauntlet and continue. It amazes me how people will accept the statue quo without any critical questioning. It also is difficult to discuss with someone that cannot see an opposing point of view. I can see yours because once I would have agreed with you.

Mesoamerican pyramids date to the just before and on into the common era. Some date as recent as less than a thousand years ago. Chinese pyramids fall into about that same time frame.

The Egyptians built theirs 2400 years before that. What's the connection here, if it's not structural stability?

I'd add that the Chinese and Mesoamericans had no choice, since their pyramids are actually earthen mounds, some of them rubble and earth, that in some cases have been faced with stone.

Dirt will pile at it's own angle, depending on what the mix is. It's called the "angle of repose."

I see nothing at all unusual in any of this and neither should you.

Harte
edit on 1/30/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I really like these star shaped rocks I find them very enigmatic. Thank you for your reply but again I would request evidence. For there appears to me to be a few holes (excuse the pun) in your provided explanation.

You post a pic with no evidence and made me go find it (there's nothing out there on the East Tennesse "star hole" by the way - I think it's made up,) then when I do this and give you a link, you ask ME for evidence?
I think I'll listen to the old stoneworkers in my link.

[quote]
They are also found in many locations in the world. Often dug out in pristine ground where workman have not been before. None with any providence exist except in Volda, and all we know about those is that local stoneworkers say it was a common thing years ago to use such holes in quarrying. And it would appear that there isn't one in East Tennessee at all.

For example here are some found in Dartmoor. Hut circles Harford Moor Gate. This site incase you were not aware is a Scheduled Monument in Harford. (England) No one is drilling there These holes are considered ancient. So here we have an ancient example of these star drill holes.

So again your story provided does not add what so ever. Below are a couple of pictures and some links. look at them are they not lovely and sweet.!

www.dartmoorcam.co.uk...

Angling the drill bit in a hexagonal pattern to widen the hole. This is a quarry in Dartmoor.
Looks like we're getting some commonalities here - drills used in quarries.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This has already been discussed to death here. The exact same type of cuts have been duplicated in modern times by experimental archaeology (Denys Stocks) using copper tools and sand.

Its not that simple again the core samples prove to be somewhat enigmatic.Petrie's Infamous Core 7. Look at this beauty and this one is not alone.

Flinders Petrie's book Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh. In his book, Petrie described an artifact with marks of a drilling process that left a spiral groove in granite that indicated that the drill sank into the granite at .100 inch per revolution of the drill. Reid and Brownlee, upon physical examination of this artifact, the infamous drill core #7, testified that the grooves were not spiral grooves but individual rings, and were common to cores found in any modern quarry in England.

www.gizapower.com...

Get your noggin around that. These things were not extracting using rock dust. These circular rings where not made using copper and thats a fact.

So, you didn't believe me when I said I've covered this a hundred times?
You seem to know nothing at all about what I've wrapped my noggin around, even though I actually told you.

Stop reading the fringe exclusively. Petrie was no engineer. Once he'd talked to a few about his core, he walked back what he originally had written.
But don't expect Chris Dunn to tell you that.

And that core doesn't look substantially different from the ones done experimentally in modern times. So, what's to explain here?

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

After most of the stone-cutting work had been done, the architects realized that moving stones that big from Yangshan to Ming Xiaoling, let alone installing them there in a proper way, would not be physically possible. As a result, the project was abandoned.

What is your source for that. I know what it is and I will share it for you.

At the very least the only evidence supporting the story of the Yongle Emperor is from the Yongle Emperor himself, who was well known for rewriting history. In fact, the first paragraph of his personal depiction on wiki describes the motivation for his “wide-ranging effort to destroy or falsify records”

Here is a picture of the lump. It really is something is it not. Now if you are correct and this has been cut in the traditional manor. Then I would guess the lumps protuding from the top are traditional too? I have looked and I am not finding any evidence to support this..

However I can find evidence of other megalithics where these protrusion occur also.

Boom!

The strange 'knobs' supposedly used to carry the stones are extremely similar to those found in Peru, Bolivia, Egypt, Lebanon, Japan etc.

Again I am demonstrating a linkage between several megalithic cultures. The best you can provide me with here is a half backed story from the alphabet wiki.

Now lets use are noggins again. Look at the story you shared. Does it really add up.

The steles are usually several tons. Due to the difficulty in moving large stones, the magnitude of the emperor’s reign corresponded to the magnitude of rocks on his grave. So a well-loved Emperor, with a powerful army and a litany of military wins, construction achievements and happy concubines, may warrant a Stele of 5 tonnes. The most notable Emperor of the Ming Dynasty was acknowledged with a 50 tonne turtle stele.

In 1405, the Yongle Empower wanted something bigger than the previous extreme 50 tonne stone to be quarried in reverence of his dead dad, Ming. What a good son. The Emperor abandons a 10 tonne stele idea and begins cutting a 31,000 tonne stele.

As it reaches completion every man and his chow-chow realise, there is no way to lift, move or place multi thousand ton megaliths, so it was all abandoned. They eventually used an 8 tonne stele.

That story is total rubbish.

The master builders of China, who understood their capacity so well, who had moved thousands of Stele for generations, pushing the limits of their engineering and construction, made such a childish, idiotic mistake.

Are the Chinese known for bewildering incompetence when it comes to construction?

Fake news is all the rage these days.

Thank you for replies. I will have to stop there for the night now.

Er,
The "lumps." They are for moving the stone.
BTW, there are many better examples of these than you show in your second pic, both in Egypt and in the Americas.

Also, your argument about the story being "rubbish." You present no evidence at all that the story is rubbish. It might be that the story about why the thing is unfinished is wrong. But that's not really the story, is it?
Otherwise your great "mystery" becomes the question - why didn't they finish this carving?

Sometimes, carvings don't get finished. Next "mystery" please.

Harte
edit on 1/30/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

How are they making connections that are not there. Can you tell me why world wide culutures all across the world built pryamids with archastroaeological aliments. Not only did they do that but they often used them for burial chambers.

There is a pattern. Worldwide and you telling me that you know for a fact this has commonality. Sorry that is massive presumption on your part.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

ngling the drill bit in a hexagonal pattern to widen the hole. This is a quarry in Dartmoor. Looks like we're getting some commonalities here - drills used in quarries.

Thank you for your reply. I dont have time this eve to answer you in full. I can find no evidence to suggest this is a modern quarry. I stated it is a protected area and that would not be permissible. With the evidence in hand can you please counter me with what may be the cause of these holes.

Happy day to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I can show you core cut with score marks going down the hole. This happens when a high speed core drill catches some debris. It is not the result of slow acting movement with copper and stone dust.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I can show you core cut with score marks going down the hole. This happens when a high speed core drill catches some debris. It is not the result of slow acting movement with copper and stone dust.

You are quite wrong.
It also happens when old experimental archaeologists get a couple of guys to use a copper tube bow saw and sand on rose granite from Aswan. In the 1990's. www.pbs.org...

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Angling the drill bit in a hexagonal pattern to widen the hole. This is a quarry in Dartmoor. Looks like we're getting some commonalities here - drills used in quarries.

First you stated that these holes where caused by particular drills in the 1960s and now you are saying they are caused by widening the hole. Neither answer makes any sense or adds up and here is why. Look at the images carefully and use your noggin.

If this was drilled by adding drill holes to widen the circle then they extra holes would be round too. They are not round. A spinning drill bit will always make a round hole. Is that not the case?

I have worked out what these are. I will put a thread when I can

Happy days

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Angling the drill bit in a hexagonal pattern to widen the hole. This is a quarry in Dartmoor. Looks like we're getting some commonalities here - drills used in quarries.

First you stated that these holes where caused by particular drills in the 1960s and now you are saying they are caused by widening the hole. Neither answer makes any sense or adds up and here is why. Look at the images carefully and use your noggin.

If this was drilled by adding drill holes to widen the circle then they extra holes would be round too. They are not round. A spinning drill bit will always make a round hole. Is that not the case?

I have worked out what these are. I will put a thread when I can

Happy days

Look closely. Each surface has a radius and thus was made by a round object.

Harte

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join