It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Solar Panels at Sun Temple of Niuserre (Egypt)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm gonna Occam's razor the poop out of this.

Dawg, these were obviously made by man.

Which means, almost assuredly, these are fermentation related.

Single hole in the bottom, designed to collect heat, simple, yet big, and would be a fine base piece of equipment for even modern day mountain shiners. Throw a copper top on these bad boys and let the sun do it, or throw a roaring fire underneath and get the party started.

These were probably cranking out solar heating to ferment wine, mead, figs, something along those lines. Come get some of this ancient Nile Sacrament, boiiiii yeet~!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
I'm gonna Occam's razor the poop out of this.

Dawg, these were obviously made by man.

Which means, almost assuredly, these are fermentation related.

Single hole in the bottom, designed to collect heat, simple, yet big, and would be a fine base piece of equipment for even modern day mountain shiners. Throw a copper top on these bad boys and let the sun do it, or throw a roaring fire underneath and get the party started.

These were probably cranking out solar heating to ferment wine, mead, figs, something along those lines. Come get some of this ancient Nile Sacrament, boiiiii yeet~!

Or maybe they where using it to generate electricity.. ;-)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Each bowl has a hole on the outside, slightly below the rim, so I would assume for drainage out of the bowls.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Each bowl has a hole on the outside, slightly below the rim, so I would assume for drainage out of the bowls.

Wine anyone? I can imagine them stomping around on grapes and then adding water slowly to bring the juice to the top.
Seems the most obvious use of such a bunch of vessels like this.
edit on 30-12-2018 by charlyv because: c

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Perhaps each one of those bowls had a polished gold type parabolic mirrored bowl insert. This was angled correctly by the temple chief to direct it's rays onto the monolith. The angle and polished surface of the parabolic type bowl mirrors would be protected from dust and interference by a secured dome structure (early glass dome perhaps)?

Just a thought?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
2 things strike me:

The top face looks very smooth and worn down compared to all other surfaces.

They don't appear carved but rather cast from some type of geopolymer.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Bottle caps? I remember some works of the ancients as playing around with bottles. Greeks have no limit.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Maybe they had mirrors or something inside, then focused the reflections all on the same spot, multiplying their power. And whatever was on that spot was the solar panel.

Like that solar tower they made, I cant remember where, but they do the same thing, a large array of mirrored bowls all aimed at the top of a tower which is a big solar panel that can absorb the power of the sun times 500 or so. I think they power a nearby town, but I havent heard if it makes their power bill any cheaper or if it's just considered more green or what.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
This is a depiction of the Sun Temple of Niuserre. It may well be a lot older than that too. It is said by Egyptologists that its foundations may be far older.

Whilst looking through images I came across an interesting stone artefact.

Convention would have us believe that these where sacrifical bowls for blood. Although I have not found the artefact repeated nor was there any evidence to support this theory.

It has been proposed that this area was a slaughterhouse for offerings to be made in the temple. However, there is no sign of the cones shaped blocks used to tether sacrificial beasts which were found in the "Sanctuary of the Knife" of the pyramid complex of Neferefre and no trace of animal bones or flint from knives were found here so this has been questioned

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

Now i came across another image of the same objects and this one got me thinking.

These look like they where meant to have some kind of lid bolted over. If this is the case could we not be looking at very old type of solar panel. It Remember this is the Sun Temple.

Purely artifice. Do you expect that next to the wall of rock is a semblence of accord? Not even real. Those plaster caps are from some movie sept. lol

The only son shidning on that one is a just that collector of those that believe in solar power. Nothing real about that. d

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
First off all, not related, that drawing of the obelisk in that particular setting reminds me of a Lingam, only much larger then ussually found in India.

As for the bowls, I am inclined to agree with the geopolymer theory (based on visual clues like air bubble like cavities and apparent layering). It also looks as if the bowls were coated with a layer of grayish material. Perhaps that layer was a more durable material to counter wear and tear, or something similar to a teflon coating on a frying pan.

I doubt if the layers are natural strata, because it looks like the “coating” is also at the bottom of the concave, I could be wrong. It is also totally my personal opinion that, to me, it looks as if the bowls recieved punishing treatment during operation, could be mechanical or perhaps they had to contain corrosive liquids, or with extreme temperatures.

When I go the way of the my own brand of occams razor, the bowls are probably part of some sort ornamental cascading water structure. The holes along the rim are probably decorative, or merely to hold something in place temporarily, but not for bolting something down, for that the holes appear to be too shallow. Perhaps they were to guide and keep in place a lid or a cilindrical sleave/stackable rims, that can be easily be removed after some process.

Again, this is pure speculation on my part, so don’t phage the messenger!

edit on 31-12-2018 by 2Faced because: Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

No, I like it.

Perhaps the bowls were used as some form of mixing device for hallucinogenic type liquids which could be served or decanted through those holes. The holes being higher up as the liquid was made from other moist solids they didn't want blocking the flow? (Just taking a stab here)......you know worshipers and hallucinogens etc. You just never know??

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In the second pic of the bowl shaped things.. there appears to be a ring of cruddy stuff left behind near the rim of at least a couple of the bowls. It would be neat to have this crud analyzed to see what could be gleaned from it.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've no idea how alabaster basins could be used to harvest solar power.....anyway, this is what wiki has to say about them:

Along the east wall of the courtyard are a set of nine circular alabaster basins.[3] It has been theorized that there were originally ten basins. Some scholars believe these basins were used to collect blood from animal sacrifice. To support this hypothesis, they point to evidence of grooves cut into the stone floor of the courtyard that may have been used to drain away the blood. Other researchers, however, think that the basins were probably only symbolic, or decorative, since no knives or other equipment related to sacrifice have been discovered in the area. It has also been hypothesized that these basins were used as leveling devices for large areas, linked together and filled with water to provide a common point of reference. Further examination, however, is required to determine the exact role of the alabaster bins.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

The bowls are calcite, this video is an excellent overview of Abu Ghorub where the bowls are located showing the quartzite altar:

calcite possibly alabaster bowls
edit on 1-1-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Wine anyone? I can imagine them stomping around on grapes and then adding water slowly to bring the juice to the top.
Seems the most obvious use of such a bunch of vessels like this.

BOOM.

And CharlyV and KansasGirl tag team for the win.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They are hydroponic bowls for decorative lotus plants at temple

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

I've no idea how alabaster basins could be used to harvest solar power.....anyway, this is what wiki has to say about them:

For the love of god anything but Wiki. Its like trying to glean the facts from RT, CNN or the BBC. Its fully controlled and used as a tool of propaganda..

Best thing to do is use your noggin.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Thanks for the video. It was interesting to see film of the basins.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
They are hydroponic bowls for decorative lotus plants at temple

Those lotus plants where more than decorative..

Traditionally used for third eye activation a psychoactive of sorts. Funny how many of the gods world wide are depicted standing on a lotus flower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join