It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Solar Panels at Sun Temple of Niuserre (Egypt)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a depiction of the Sun Temple of Niuserre. It may well be a lot older than that too. It is said by Egyptologists that its foundations may be far older.

Whilst looking through images I came across an interesting stone artefact.

Convention would have us believe that these where sacrifical bowls for blood. Although I have not found the artefact repeated nor was there any evidence to support this theory.

It has been proposed that this area was a slaughterhouse for offerings to be made in the temple. However, there is no sign of the cones shaped blocks used to tether sacrificial beasts which were found in the "Sanctuary of the Knife" of the pyramid complex of Neferefre and no trace of animal bones or flint from knives were found here so this has been questioned

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

Now i came across another image of the same objects and this one got me thinking.

These look like they where meant to have some kind of lid bolted over. If this is the case could we not be looking at very old type of solar panel. It Remember this is the Sun Temple.

edit on 30-12-2018 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So your talking about thermal heating from the sun?!?

Very interesting

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Very interesting

It may have been that. I am not entirely sure. I am aware that the artefacts look far to sophisticated to be simple bowls for sacrifice. I could imagine them will domed caps and having the ability somehow to capture the sun.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Very interesting

It may have been that. I am not entirely sure. I am aware that the artefacts look far to sophisticated to be simple bowls for sacrifice. I could imagine them will domed caps and having the ability somehow to capture the sun.

Maybe a plumbing system?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe cover them with animal skin and make a drum from it , bang drum and levitate stone blocks

edit on 30/12/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
looks like they had some sort of cover or lens. Maybe they were some sort of solar oven. You know they did cook food back then too, they do not need to be some ancient beaming technology.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I like a good mystery.

I haven't looked into this in great detail, but my first thought was that they could quite likely be filled, or perhaps covered (as you mention), with something shiny. Nothing as elaborate as gold? But perhaps brass.

With it being a sun temple, having circular brass fixtures reflecting the light of the sun, would appear rather ... sunny.

This is just a wall lamp reflecting off a brass disc,

But I imagine that with a brass disc in the desert, with the sunlight reflecting off it, would be quite a startling sight.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Nice theory. Can you find any links that support the idea that stone can harness the heat of the sun.

These look like they where meant to have some kind of lid bolted over.

I thought the same thing the moment i saw that pic.

I thought it must have had a lid or those are candle holders. But that would be a lot of holders to put on each one so I think it's more likely that they had lids.

Could they have had water in them that became heated once the lid was closed?
Then open them up and have a nice hot bath.

Or maybe the other way around. These are placed in a dark room and once the lid is closed the items inside stay cool?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They could be solar mirrors. Could of been coated with something reflective that is now gone. The holes you think may have been for bolts could have been used as part of a system to keep them aligned with the Sun.
Then again they could of just been to wash-up in, we may never know

edit on 30-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The pictured bowls were originally
found around the temple and
assembled together by
archaeologists.

They are composed of quartzite
so are actually large crystals.
Nearby is the 'altar' made of
5 large quartzite stones the have
evidence of boreholes and saw
marks.

There is a strange hole in the
bottom of the bowls, maybe for
wires. The queens chamber shafts in the GP are blocked by stones with copper and bronze contacts on them so the ancients could make wire. Egyptologists think the
hole was for draining the blood
from the sacrificed bulls, which
is quite silly given the
complexity of the bowls
structure.

edit on 30-12-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If they were bolt holes they werent very deep ,you can tell by the broken piece the hole didn't recede too far into the cut out.
edit on 12/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Thanks for that extra information. Puts it in a slightly different perspective.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Nice theory. Can you find any links that support the idea that stone can harness the heat of the sun.

A little above my remit. I know they may be made of quatzite and that is used in the process of making modern day photovoltaics..

olysilicon is formed from Quartzite, a form of quartz sandstone rock. For simplicity sake, you could consider quartzite as comprising pure sand.

Due to its semiconductor properties, polysilicon is used as feedstock for solar, and is the initial building block for manufacturing silicon based Solar PV cells.

Read more at: www.solarmango.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
perhaps they were couvert with silver for reflection ... silver stolen ofcourse !
the theory of blood-bowles is easy to check with luminol...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Or maybe the remaining housings for centrifuges used to purify rare earth elements, with the working parts long gone for many millennia.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

If they were bolt holes they werent very deep ,you can tell by the broken piece the hole didn't recede too far into the cut out.

I didnt notice that but you are correct. I guess it would have had a heavy lid maybe.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
perhaps they were couvert with silver for reflection ... silver stolen ofcourse !
the theory of blood-bowles is easy to check with luminol...

I think that parts of the sight have been underwater in the past making testing difficult. If you can even test after thousands of years.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Just came cross this..

When it comes to physical properties, quartz is pretty much an average mineral and does not show outstanding or extreme properties. Nevertheless quartz is a technically important material that is valued for the combination of certain electrical or optical properties with a great physical strength and chemical resistance.

quartzpage.de...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: TheLead

I didnt notice that but you are correct. I guess it would have had a heavy lid maybe.

They could also be full of sand and be a lot deeper than they appear.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

More weird and wonderful stuff... Thank you OP...

To me they look a bit like stone electrical connectors, even though that can't really make sense. Not with the laws and physics we have in this 'reality'... And I don't buy the theory they were used for blood sacrifice, that doesn't seem to fit.

Interesting, more reading to do for me...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join