It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some seek, and why do many care less?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What makes a person seek for the truth of the who, what, why, etc? How come some do not seek, and does it have to do with your upbringing? I cannot, for the life of me, understand why a person who is 80 years old, seems to know squat when it comes to what is going on around us. If anything, the elderly should have a leg up because they have seen the vast transformation that happens with time, more than a young person.

If the answer is mind control and subliminal programming, and everything that is involved with that, why do some seem to be immune, while others you could not wake up if your life depended on it? I literally cannot fathom why seeking is not #1 on everyone's list. Do you think some are just farther along as far as their progress over time? Do you think the theory of "Wanderer's" has any validity?

It just seems foreign to me how someone could take life at face value and live it without ever contemplating truth. I used to think that maybe childhood traumas may help to unlock this urge to seek, but yet I know people who have been through hell and don't have an ounce of care as to what anything is. What I mean is, there doesn't seem to be any patterns. My fellow beings "irk" me, most of them. Obviously nobody here because everyone here has started a journey of some sorts, looking for truth. What say you ATS? All I can think of right now is soul age, or the wanderer theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Every game has group of pixels without a meaning, and then group of pixels with a meaning. Only those pixels with a meaning, have any value for the player.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Some people just want to be happy.

It is well known that seeking truth is not the best way to be happy.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If by ''wanderer theory'' you mean the notion that some humans are reincarnated souls who have lived prior lives elsewhere in this diverse cosmos then yes, this could be one explanation.

Another could be the pop corn pot explanation. Given the environmental conditions in the pop corn pot, some kernals pop before others, they don't all pop at once.

Then again, if we hold with some form of reincarnational context, it might be that some are further along in the cycle while others are only beginners. That some have lived many many lives while others but a few. The new soul, old soul idea.

When we look into current studies on the nature of consciousness we find that there are many researchers who are thinking that most of what all of us do or how we are on a daily basis is unconscious behavior. Habits, routines , patterned behavior which has little to nothing to do with conscious choice. Neuro psychologist George Lakoff surmised from his decades of research that upside of 97 or 98 percent of each individual is unconscious patterned behavior. This I think is where most people live, embracing their own unconsciousness as totality which of course they see as consciousness.

Myself, I am currently holding the notion that what we from this human perspective consider as ''more or less'' higher and lower'' ''woke and unawoke'' are really unrelated ''experiences'' valuable in one manner or another to the individual experiencing life from those particular parameters.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

In some naive ignorant minds, life is too short to be taken seriously, all the while believing they are invincible.
Also knowledge an truth are objectives and would have to serve as such wether it toward a motive or just curiosity.

Then there's the arrogance of knowing, all the while the father of philosophy an thinking, who iconically stated " I know nothing" and questioned his students why till there ears started bleeding into submission just by arguing continuously for hours on end asking why one thinks the way they do.

And thats just Monday.
edit on 30-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder this myself.

My kids for example. I ask them things about their friends, people they have known for years via school, and they have no clue.

"So what is your friends major in college?"

"Dunno. Never asked."

They can't tell me phone numbers or addresses of their friends. Or their parents names. Dont know simple details like favorite colors, books, etc.

I ask them why they never have asked their friends such basic questions and the answer is that "Never thought to ask."

They talk to these friends daily, hang out and work together, but really dont seem to know much about them.

Is this what things are like now with kids?

It kind of makes me sad to be honest.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Some never realize the importance of self-awareness...others find it (myself)....and the rest just don't understand why to bother.

Some awaken, some search and find, others never do....and still others are born w inate abilities to "see", "journey", to understand...where the others don't know why it should matter.

It does.

M.S.
Sensitive, Transcendentalist and Astral traveler

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My father died in front of my eye when I was 5 years old. I’ve been on a journey of discovery ever since. I’ve found truths, blessing, beauty horror, terror nightmares. Be careful of what you seek.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
ultimately the truth is impossible to figure out, some of us may think we know the truth but we don't

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Good topic and I am enjoying the responses. I am thinking catalysts perhaps, meaning paradigm shaking events, personal or objective such as war, natural disaster,near death experience,ufo sighting, epiphanies...things that break us from the natural and unnatural conditioning of the status quo. We are so entrenched in technology,habits, rules and consuming, coupled with the struggle to survive and provide that we become dominantly reactionary in nature, imo. We are subjected to heavy conditioning via marketing(neuro-linguistic programming), education and peer pressure. I feel that many who have families, it is all they can muster to simply provide for the well being of their loved ones. with little time and interest to pursue more depth this life. I suppose there is comfort in going with the grain too. I have heard people say they do not wish to "no more" or rock the boat.

The term "free thinker" comes to mind, as in someone who challenges the norm, not necessarily in a defiant way but as a personal choice to seek beyond, question and apply critical thinking. The novelty of distraction is a strong force too, with so much entertainment,yet sometimes those sources too stimulate thinking "beyond."

I wonder too if genetics play any part in this type of renegade perspective, but I do believe the nurture part of nature/nurture certainly plays a part in shaping our ambitions. We are such socially wired creatures that herd mentality is at work too, again with the reins being taken by external forces that may not have our best interest in growth and truth in hand. Maybe genetics force some to explore beyond as a survival trait for adaptation to change.

The mention of souls is interesting too. There was a time when I wondered if everyone had a soul or if there were a limited number. This was after watching series on serial killers and noticing empty eyes that seemed to lack a soul, so to say. Zero empathy and an animal(no offense sentient animals) with no concern for humanity in general.

Maybe these reasons are why some of us are here at ATS,to boldly seek beyond the box edge. Just some thoughts...
edit on 1amf31285531 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'd say the older folks tend to believe that the world works like it should, that the news is there for their good.
They believe as well as the young people that everyone in power is looking out for their best interest when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Every program that has ever been watched on TV indoctrinates people to a certain way of thinking and of a life that is acceptable and normal. In reality its not normal its how we are to perceive what is normal.

I think I almost convinced my dad when I said, " Dad! No plane or anything else other than fragments hit building 7 but it crumbled in its tracks like the other 2 buildings". That just tells you that the media lied, it doesn't tell you all the how's, why's and who really did it. I'm sure many of the older people still believe the original story.

I've found the Murder of William Cooper interesting lately.
He wrote the book titled Behold a Pale Horse, had a radio show and exposed quite a lot of gov corruption including 911, 3 months before it happened and said that it would be a false flag operation and that Osama Bin Laden would be blamed for it.
He later had some trumped up assault warrant taken out on him and was gunned down in his front yard.

edit on 31-12-2018 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
ultimately the truth is impossible to figure out, some of us may think we know the truth but we don't

Where would it be found?
Is it in the past? Is it in the future? Or is it ever present?
Does what is always present need seeking?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What do you mean when you say 'seek the truth'?
You say old people don't know what is going on 'around' them..... does 'waking up' mean (to you) being clued up on the lying media?
Or is 'waking up' realizing what you/reality is?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I think it's simple. Some people ask the right questions, some people ask the wrong ones, others don't bother to ask any at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Because there is no indication that there is any such thing as Truth.

Some tilt at windmills, some just live.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lets take energetic manipulation of the nerve system as an example of seeking vs not seeking and the heat and vibration energy it creates.

When I was young in this life I had energetic experiences with people who could do this energetic manipulation to a certain degree but did not have the logical awareness to explain how it worked and therefore I did not seek the knowledge of it and thought it was a scam.

There is a spot in between creative and logical where the two abilities complement each other that makes a person able to test any tool and see how it works beneath the surface. Some people can explain energetic states logically and prove what they do. I wasted decades of this life not understanding energetic body states, what a soul is and how it is connected in the unconscious because more than 90% of humans are very ignorant on these subjects and cannot teach it on the level they should teach it on.

12% of humans seem to be Old Souls on earth now days. Old souls are crucial for advancing objective logical understanding on all subjects. When old souls are minority you get a lot of excuse stories to make objective truth unknowable/non existent.

There is a truthful representation of the whole creation in real time that includes the conscious of all beings. That truthful representation includes the measurement of all minds saying the representation do not exist.
edit on 31-12-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Paradoxically, I see the truth in this statement.
Seeking just ends you up on a kind of Mandlebrot Set Zoom. It's like some sick joke without a punchline, while at the same time being a punchline without a set up.

Those who think they get the joke have just settled somewhere on the Zoom that feels comforting for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

2 Timothy 4:3,4 explains part of it:

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

Often when the truth contradicts with what people want to believe is true, or have been programmed or conditioned (taught) to believe is true, they don't wanna hear it (they don't put up with it, even as I recently observed in another thread in this subforum, refer to it or see it as "solicitation", or read that into it). There's also this programmed aversion, as in not putting up with beneficial teachings with the truths that matter the most, such as the truth/fact described and predicted above. A fact that is demonstrated on ATS and the internet in general all the time (which is evidence that it's spot on). Of course one does need a method to figure out what is true and what is false or a beneficial teaching vs a harmful teaching that will lead you astray (keep you in the dark regarding what is really true or important to realize).

Some people do not seek truth because they have been led to believe that truth is too elusive to grasp. See this comment for some details regarding that philosophy/idea/notion. As toysforadults put it:

i.e. too elusive to grasp (another way of phrasing it). This disdainful attitude toward truth is shared by many today, including religious leaders, educators, and politicians. They hold that truth​—especially moral and spiritual truth—​is not absolute but relative and ever changing. This allows people to bend and twist the truth to what they want people to believe is true (or the most likely case). A very useful tool in the hands of the shrewd politician, religious leader or educator, who can then steer people in the directon they want to steer them, mold their thinking (it usually involves self-marketing, marketing or selling yourself or your ideas or ideologies or political views. Donald Trump for example is very good at bending the truth and using half-truths in support of the falsehoods he's selling to the voting public, he's after all a known and convicted con-artist, convicted when one considers the lawsuit concerning Trump University for example, a money-making scam, as most of Trump's projects are, they call him a succesful businessman and negotiator for it, as part of that self-marketing or the marketing of Trump and bending the truth that he's still a con-artist who entertains and attracts attention with a clown-act, the more outrageous the better).

Note the body language and facial expressions in the speeches by Hitler and Mussolini in the video below at 36:14 (especially Mussolini at 36:22):

It may remind you of someone or a particular type of politician. Oh btw, some synonyms for "true" (or "truthful") are:

absolute/accurate/certain/factual/conclusive/correct, without error

A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another lexeme (word or phrase) in the same language. So no, truth is not relative, it's absolute. How someone interprets the facts/truths of a matter, or chooses to describe or phrase them, does not affect the reality/truth of the matter (where you see a / I'm using synonyms as reminders). As someone in the thread for which I linked a comment above appropiately said it (allthough he may have a different contradicting idea about his own statement, I dunno): "truth stands on its own".

Coming back to Trump and Trump's fans for a moment as a nice example of a demonstration of 2 Timothy 4:3,4, sometimes Trump doesn't even have to try all that hard to bend and twist the truths or find some half-truths he can use for that purpose, because he seems to have realized the reality that people want their ears to be tickled, if you tell them what they want to hear, not only will they believe you, they'll love you for it ("...according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.*" [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”]; so that's why they elect him, these are the teachers they choose, as the people on ATS make their own choices as to where to get their information from and whose teachings or ideas to trust or take seriously, considering they have merit in discussions about reality/truth).

Of course the one who benefits the most from this philosophy/idea that truth is too elusive to grasp or "impossible to figure out" (one might ask the one claiming this if his statement iself is true/certain/factual, cause if I can't figure that out, his statement becomes meaningless and useless, it's a self-defeating proposition as it is called by those philosophers who debate a lot about logic and like to come up with clever terminologies to describe logica fallacies, i.e. mistakes, for self-marketing purposes again, look at how smart they are, they say fallacy instead of mistake or "a mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument" as the definition for "fallacy" is described in the google dictionary), would be the one referred to as "the father of the lie" in the Bible. Sorry, my sidethought became a bit long, let's rephrase that:

Of course the one who benefits the most from this philosophy/idea that truth is too elusive to grasp or "impossible to figure out" would be the one referred to as "the father of the lie" in the Bible.

edit on 11-1-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join