It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's largest utility provider could face murder charges for wildfires, AG says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is such a thing as corporate murder at least in the Uk there is

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I live very near the area and yes, it was stated that a powerline was the ignition source. Apparently, there were reported issues concerning the specific power line/ tower and it was not immediately acted on by the power company.

I heard it on the radio driving to work some weeks ago.

The utility was responsible for several of last year’s wildfires that burned through Northern California’s wine country. In fact, Cal Fire has determined that of the 21 major fires last fall in Northern California, at least 17 were caused by power lines, poles and other equipment owned by Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
New York Times
www.google.com...

So It sounds like its still under investigation, but there is a high probability, and like I said a major problem was reported and not responded to, just prior.

But I wonder if they could respond to it in a timely fashion without first wading through the massive bureaucracy of California regulations.

In other words, did California do it to themselves twice over.
edit on 30-12-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) has an unfortunate history of infrastructure neglect leading to death, injuries and property damage/destruction.

It was not too long ago that the courts found the company to be liable for failure to maintain the natural gas pipeline(s) that ultimately corroded, leaked and exploded, destroying a large portion of San Bruno, CA.

The firm will likely be held accountable for failure to properly maintain the safety of its power line right-of-way by not clearing trees and flammable brush growing under and near the lines to a safe distance.

For comparison, the Union Pacific railroad runs a special “fire train” equipped with water tanks and sprayers to wet down the tracks and adjacent forest areas where their trains run through California timberlands.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

California will sue Pacific Gas and Electric for $1.5 Billion.

PG&E will raise its customers electric/gas rates to compensate.

Everybody wins!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It has just been announced that PG&E’s CEO has stepped down and has been replaced by the company’s chief counsel as CEO.

When you put an attorney in the CEO position, you’re likely expecting legal trouble.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join