It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Transgender Truth-Teller Cowed To Apologize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: kaylaluv

That is, most assuredly, not what she said.

She said there have to be standards, and merely proclaiming yourself female doesn't meet that standard.

Martina Navratilova played tennis against Rene Richards during her career.

There ARE standards, thus there is no problem. So why did she make any comment at all?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Krakatoa

She claimed that what was happening was a person with a penis was able to just walk in and compete against other women. That was an untrue statement. She apologized because she should have apologized, and she knew it.

Trans people are continuously mocked and ridiculed and insulted on this site. On this and many other threads on the subject. And it ain’t being done with love, that’s for sure.

That is your interpretation of her statement. And it is incorrect. She said,

You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard.

That is what she said....and she was correct. What she was wrong about was not clarifying that she agrees with the standards in place, and that those saying someone SHOULD be able to just proclaim it and be allowed to compete is wrong.

So, it seems you misinterpreted her statement, and are wrong in your criticism of those here posting.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

She didn’t know anything about the current standards, which is why she admitted that she needed to educate herself on the subject.

I did not misinterpret her statement, and neither did the people who responded to her.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There is open "warfare" against sanity. (Really...the crazies have taken control!)

Why are so many people, especially celebrities, scared to stand behind their own beliefs, and feel that they have to cower and apologize for having rational, logical, sane points? Why can't they stand their ground and say, "I refuse to accept this insanity"?
edit on 30-12-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

She didn’t know anything about the current standards, which is why she admitted that she needed to educate herself on the subject.

I did not misinterpret her statement, and neither did the people who responded to her.

I see, so you are going to remain ignorant.

Your choice...good luck with that in life.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I see, so you are going to remain ignorant.

Your choice...good luck with that in life.

Back at ya!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's ok. She should have accepted that some people are idiots and they should not count on her to make others like herself have to capitulate in the future.

If they can't handle words, then F them.

Time is up. We want non retarded reality ASAP

There is no time to waste. Start being honest and making some good old fashioned enemies.

When they or you stop they or you will walk with the other. In the mean time be honest.

Not everyone is right and some are definitely wrong. Do you.

Edit to add:
There are two sexes. Male and female. Gender is not sexuality so identifying with things you are not is a lie. What you feel as is irrelevant . God bless whatever you have between your legs.

I feel like a dragon powered Terminator. I just don't say it's more real than the movies I learned that from.

It's a cool fantasy. Badass in my head. It's just in my head though....like gender and identity politics as a whole.

edit on 12 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Check out this trans. Should he be competing in women's sports?

Lol.

It's either a man or a freak.

A woman that is not.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This transgender BS needs to stop. It is ridiculous and appears the be the new hammer of the progressive thought and speech police to beat down anyone who is sane. Below is a perfect example of the insanity of not being able to communicate common sense truth without the progressive lynch mob coming for you.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Openly lesbian tennis legend Martina Navratilova has been a hero of sorts to the LGBTQ crowd — until now, that is, when she dared to tweet that males who simply “proclaim” themselves females to compete in female sporting events are unfair and wrong.

For that, she was vilified by the transgender community. For that, she was characterized as a bully.

For that, she was forced to apologize.

But why? Navratilova only spoke the truth.

She initially tweeted, in response to a question about transgender women in athletics, this: “Clearly that can’t be right. You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard. …”

This is all true.

The fascinating thing is that a lot of those in the LGBTQWERTYOP section seem to have no interest in actually transitioning from man to woman or vice versa, but instead want to be somewhere inbetween - hence the need to pretend there are something like 58 genders in total.

I guess it's very flexible to be non-binary. You can yell for compensation every time someone doesn't get your gender pronoun JUST right, and the ENTIRE world of sports is open to you.

If speaking the obvious truth makes someone a bully, let's all be bullies.

You go, Navratilova.

We need voices of reason in this sea of oxen feces.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There ARE standards, thus there is no problem. So why did she make any comment at all?

That's a great question. Could you point me to the conversation she was having when she made that comment?

You did read that conversation didn't you?

edit on 30-12-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

She said there have to be standards, and merely proclaiming yourself female doesn't meet that standard.

If you think there are no problems you should google the case of Hannah Mouncey and 'her' recent inclusion in the world handball championship...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The pursuit of happiness is in my opinion, one of the most important ideas from our constitution.

What transgendered people are doing is just that. Pursuing their happiness.

What they are doing does not stop me from pursuing mine.

If your a patriot and you love the document this country was founded on then let them pursue their happiness and you pursue yours.
edit on 30-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am fully supporting of all LGBT, and I agree with Martina here as do all of the other LGBT people I know. I havent really seen a standard for this issue come up as I see it becoming an issue more and more within sports. Some type of standard I believe does need to be established as a baseline moving forward so we can stop having this as a debate every couple months when it pops up in the news. As I am close to this community there is a very loud group that I've noticed lately of people supporting the trans movement that seem hellbent on shutting down others who arent putting them above others, even gay people. I dont get it, the trans friends I have, do not want to be represented by them, and dont like it. The friends I have that are trans I've had very deep discussions about it. Its very real, they are unsure about who they are and what their brain is telling them to be, neither have transitioned because they dont know what the right move for them should be or what they would be most happy with. Obviously in high school and college sports, even sports in general with younger people, making a decision like that is huge, so some are kinda stuck in limbo, and if they want to play sports it gets very confusing. I dont think we have a huge occurence of males that are just dressing as females to destroy the competition but we have a legitimate issue that does need clarity based on biological differences.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

if you want to get into sporting events, against people who are born female it's just ridiculous.

I agree.

Size and weight mater in sports just as much as speed and skill.

But I have no issues with a trans girl that is the same size and weight as the other girls. Or vice versa.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The pursuit of happiness is in my opinion, one of the most important ideas from our constitution.

What transgendered people are doing is just that. Pursuing their happiness.

What they are doing does not stop me from pursuing mine.

If your a patriot and you love the document this country was founded on then let them pursue their happiness and you pursue yours.

Sounds like men dominating women's sports to me.... actually, doesn't just sound like it, it is reality. Why have women's sports at all.

Serious question.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

If you think there are no problems you should google the case of Hannah Mouncey and 'her' recent inclusion in the world handball championship...

That's very unladylike.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Here's Hannah Mouncey in her handball team photo. See if you can pick her out?

But here's a further problem. The Australian Football League (AFL) determined that 'she' couldn't participate in the women's league. And of course they were immediately slammed in the media and social media even though they simply implemented said policy. So it seems that even having a policy to deal with the issue doesn't save anyone from being mercilessly harassed.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

She claimed that what was happening was a person with a penis was able to just walk in and compete against other women. That was an untrue statement.

Nope. She did not. I quote:

Clearly that can't be right. You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard.”

Trans people are continuously mocked and ridiculed and insulted on this site. On this and many other threads on the subject. And it ain’t being done with love, that’s for sure.

And neither are the violent threats and actual violent attacks against women by Trans Activists. Gee... which is worse? Mocking and insults or violent threats and attacks? Hmmm...

We both know. And we both know which one YOU defend: The violent men.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

There is an unsettling presence of vocal transgender women who act an awful lot like violent, misogynistic men.

I don't know how much of it is real or contrived...but it really doesn't matter. It's undeniably there.

Reframing women’s oppression as a form of privilege has enabled the disciples of gender ideology to target women as the oppressor and feel legitimate in doing so.

Link

I love that quote.

edit on 12/30/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

It is untrue that she was able to compete against other women by just “proclaiming she was a woman” - she had to undergo the standard testing procedures. I believe her testosterone levels were well below the threshold, which means she has less testosterone than most of the other women players.

She’s tall, I’ll grant you that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join