It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctrine of the Deep - NASA discovers a sea of glass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You’re so enlightened.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

And they (UFO nuts) keep telling us that Aliens are here to steal Earth water.. !

Great topic…. Star&flag …

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Lets not forget water contains oxygen and hydrogen.

Given the enormus size of this structure likened to a galaxy of water I would guess that there will be all types of life there.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Unlikely.

In this particular quasar, the water vapor is distributed around the black hole in a gaseous region spanning hundreds of light-years in size (a light-year is about six trillion miles). Its presence indicates that the quasar is bathing the gas in X-rays and infrared radiation,

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Unlikely.

In this particular quasar, the water vapor is distributed around the black hole in a gaseous region spanning hundreds of light-years in size (a light-year is about six trillion miles). Its presence indicates that the quasar is bathing the gas in X-rays and infrared radiation,

Wow water around a black hole bathing it with x-rays and and infrared radition thats exciting!

Some believe that black holes may lead to other universes appearing as white holes or big bangs at the other end.
www.space.com...

Some even believe that we are in a black hole right now:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WOW!! incredible a religious fanatic ( OP ) tries to place so called biblical the Sea of Glass with H20 surrounding a Black hole 12 billion light years away ? meanwhile we have large amounts of H20 Comets Ice asteroids around the Ort cloud .. that firmament in the so called bible is actually the so called Vapor Canopy theory ( like what we see on Venus ) that fell too Earth ions ago .. according too religion before then the caps had no ice and was dry land Antarctica once had life till the Canopy collapsed.. and flooded the earth .. So 10,000 20,000 50,000 100,000 1,000,000 ago ??? but this is Religion and this should be classed in the Religion section of this site not Science .. www.personal.psu.edu...

What the Hell ATS

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

The atmosphere of Jupiter, the largest and grandest planet in the solar system, contains a lot of methane and ammonia. So if you were somehow on Jupiter (which is difficult to do as it has no real surface), this huge stunningly beautiful impressive planet,it would be like having your face in a dirty diaper. I have always thought that to be kind of funny, proof that God has a sense of humor?
edit on 1-1-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Correct me if I’m wrong, but since the water discovered is 12 billion light years away, that only means it was there back then, but not necessarily there in present time, correct?
Nice thread either way.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
SnF

Too bad the haters had to show up and attempt to derail it.
Truly, they are losers, and that is sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's cool and all, but the religious crap doesn't fit. I can only vaguely see how you are connecting the two. There is no way of ever proving you are correct so I think you should forget all of that.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
SnF

Too bad the haters had to show up and attempt to derail it.
Truly, they are losers, and that is sad.

Would you consider this scientific find to be actual proof of genisis as stated in the bible?

How about the flood? Do you think this water could have been sent to earth in the past?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join