It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctrine of the Deep - NASA discovers a sea of glass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Scientists have located a huge body of water at the edge of the universe, at a whopping 140 trillion times the amount of water in the earths oceans, which might be the sea of glass in the Bible.

To quickly outline, in Genesis, we are told of a body of water,

“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” Genesis 1:2

God separates this water,

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so." Genesis 1:6-7

The firmament is basically a space, which is were we get our idea of outer space.

So there is water below in the firmament, where we are (Gen. 1:9), and water at the top of outer space.

Scientists may have found the water at the edge of the firmament (outer space)

Two teams of astronomers have discovered the largest and farthest reservoir of water ever detected in the universe. The water, equivalent to 140 trillion times all the water in the world's ocean, surrounds a huge, feeding black hole, called a quasar, more than 12 billion light-years away.

www.nasa.gov...

Psalms show us that Heaven is above the heavens (ie outer space, sky, atmosphere)

"Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the heights.Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens." Psalms 148:1-4

The sea of glass that NASA has discovered, is referenced right here,

John went up to Heaven,

"And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Rev. 4:2

And the sea of glass is at the floor of Heaven,

"And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind." Rev. 4:4

And continuing in Rev 15:2, "“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire ...”

The sea of glass is the body of ice that scientists have found at the furthest known parts of the universe.

As technology advances, it is slowly catching up on the Bible, which is the most advanced scientific book in the universe.

A photo of APM 08279+5255 observed with deep sky Dobsonian telescope in 2008 (a further pic because it's cool):

edit on 30-12-2018 by Assemble because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Assemble

OK dude... but a trillion is a really big number. Like if there was 1 trillion times the amount of water on the earth, surrounding the earth, it would probably envelope other planets and there is 140 trillion...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What a strange anomaly................a thread which mixes science and religion

Nice OP, S+F

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

As technology advances, it is slowly catching up on the Bible, which is the most advanced scientific book in the universe.

This is pretty funny.

I’m sure Galileo would be chuffed by the irony.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I would have preferred this thread without the religious connotations. So I ignored that part.
Otherwise, Nice thread 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That's quite a stretch attaching some nefariously translated Bible passages to scientific "findings." Nice try.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So much water iits extreamly interesting. Also a mass of crystaline. Thi is an awesome find. I wonder what diversity of life may be found there in all that water and crystal. It would be interesting to know how this formed and what kinds of movement happens there. Considering the vast area of the water I wonder if stars are inside of the water and if so what kinds of reactions would we see there!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
everything far away is very very big... Redshift is distance. But what if redshift isn't always distance....

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Not quite, the red and blue shift are all to do with wavelength and direction of travel toward or away from an observer.
Blue light has shorter wavelength's than red light.
An objects atomic makeup - in the case of a star anyway can be ascertained by studying the spectrum of the light itself and how far that spectrum is shifted either toward the blue or the red bandwidth's can tell us if that object is moving toward or away from us.
It is also known as the doppler effect

Assemble, cool find and fascinating discovery.

edit on 30-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So the writers of the bible didn't even know about the rest of the world but somehow know what's at the edge of the universe?
Not a chance

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: frenchfries

Not quite, the red and blue shift are all to do with wavelength and direction of travel toward or away from an observer.
Blue light has shorter wavelength's than red light.
An objects atomic makeup - in the case of a star anyway can be ascertained by studying the spectrum of the light itself and how far that spectrum is shifted either toward the blue or the red bandwidth's can tell us if that object is moving toward or away from us.
It is also known as the doppler effect

Assemble, cool find and fascinating discovery.

Portions of these ideas may be incomplete. Consensus uses these ideas and plugs anomalies with one shot jigsaw pieces.

In general this is how we typically observe the "Doppler" effect of shift. However, at large enough scales, we maybe probably don't have a complete picture yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well yep there it is, water exists and the Bible mentions water. Bible proved

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well I know dobbler(!) , there will be and there only will be doppler that shifted the wave....
Hence the science knows everything about them shifted waves right ?
What if another process can shift a wave.

I hear a doppler effect out of my speaker , hence it must move with 300 miles an hour... (see the logic)

I don't question doppler , just the fact that science knows everything about redshift there is to know...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

This is pretty funny. I’m sure Galileo would be chuffed by the irony

To form a valid opinion you have to have an understanding of the opposing view. Evidently this is not something you have.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I could point out that radioastronomy has also indicated that there are vast volumes of alcohol in deep space. Perhaps it's the fuel to keep Hell all toasty?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

To form a valid opinion you have to have an understanding of the opposing view. Evidently this is not something you have.

Interesting.

I guess that’s why the church locked up Galileo and forced him to stop his study of Heliocentrism.

They were all about understanding an opposing view!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

So the writers of the bible didn't even know about the rest of the world but somehow know what's at the edge of the universe?
Not a chance

Why?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: purplemer

Interesting.

I guess that’s why the church locked up Galileo and forced him to stop his study of Heliocentrism.

They were all about understanding an opposing view!

What does "the church" have anything to do with this? Or Galileo for that matter?

I thought we was talking about "the bible". Two different things.

So the Bible isnt true, or shouldn't be discussed along with science, because over a thousand years later, the catholic church persecuted some people? Is that what your point is? What is your point???

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

What does the church base its foundations on?

Just a whim?

No.

The bible.

The irony I was speaking of is the op trying to link bible passages, Psalms specifically, to the interstellar discovery.

It is Psalms that is often used as evidence against heliocentrism, not for. Interpretation eh?

Oh and telescopes.

And science.

edit on 31/12/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Interesting. I guess that’s why the church locked up Galileo and forced him to stop his study of Heliocentrism. They were all about understanding an opposing view!

You miss my point (as usual) Why dont you try studying some of the ancient texts and then you will be able to comment from a point of non ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join