It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handbags

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You might find that if you can identify what a certain god is supposed to represent, eg the god of shepherds, then they are probably depicted carrying the type of bag that a shepherd would use. Who knows what the style was some thousands of years ago. But I would say there's probably no great mystery, people have always used bags for carrying stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So, even Reptilians like to be stylish.

Is it a crime?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Not if it doesn't involve skinning my fellow humans no.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Why is "handbag" the first thing that comes to mind when you see these things? Isn't it a lot more logical to think that they're actually...buckets?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

They didn't have pants with pockets in those days.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The magic bag of tricks. Let's just be glad we're not seeing high heels.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Somehow I don't think that handbags were just recently invented and celebrated as one of the latest major discoveries, nor were they the latest fashion, at the time they were depicted in carvings. They probably symbolize something more significant or perhaps carried something important. Something that perhaps was common knowledge to the people of that time. Whatever it was, people in that era thought that a handbag (or something resembling a handbag) was important enough to preserve the image thereof for "eternity".

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
While a battery sounds cool, I would think these images are depicting a 'gift from the 'gods'. I would think that any battery related glyph's have been chipped off or sanded down so as to not be available for factual discussions.

There are too many reasons the oligarchs seem to want to keep close the data already found from ancient sites that we try to discus on ATS. Plus, they horde any new information too. Those of us who like to verify facts are in a conundrum of having to speculate.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They were bags of the thunder gods. According to ancient legends These are the same bags carried by many gods who some think are just the same god traveling around the world.

Marduk(Annunaki had a bag of winds and a lightning bolt)

Zeus(Greek had a thunderbolt but the bag of aegis sometimes called a shield was sometimes given to other gods like Athena the ageis was not a shield but rather an animal skin or bag worn over the garments of the gods as extra protection. It bore the head of a Gorgon and made a terrible roaring sound during the battle)
When the Olympian shakes the ægis, Mount Ida is wrapped in clouds, the thunder rolls and men are smitten with fear.
Thereon the son of Saturn Cronus seized his bright tasseled aegis, and veiled Ida in cloud: he sent forth his lightnings and his thunders, and as he shook his aegis he gave victory to the Trojans and routed the Achaeans

Odyssey as the Keeper of the Winds; in this myth, Aeolus son of Posidon gave Odysseus a closed bag that contained all winds, but for the gentle West Wind that would take him home. However, Odysseus' companions, thinking the bag contained riches, opened the bag and the winds escaped, blowing the ship in all directions and thus extending their voyage back home.

Shiva(Hindu had a bag of various astra or powers, he also had Damaru which is a power drum shaped like an hourglass, and when played, it is believed to generate spiritual energy and sounded like thunder and could manipulate sound)
Maheshwarastra: It contains the power of Shiva’s third eye. It can turn anything, in fact whole creation into ashes.
Rudra Astra: Contains the power of a Rudra. It destroy the enemy by invoking the power of a Rudra out of the(Eleven powers or rudras
Too many to mention he also had a lightning weapon and alot of other weapons.

Leigong(Chinese god of thunder and lightning had a bag of winds given to family similar to Zeus and a thunderbolt weapon)
Lei Gong began life as a mortal. While on earth, he encountered a peach tree that originated from Heaven during the struggle between a demon and one of the celestial warriors. When Leigong took a bite out of one of its fruit he was transformed into his godly form. He soon received a mace and a hammer that could create thunder.
Since Leigong's power is thunder, he has assistants capable of producing other types of heavenly phenomena. Dianmu ("Mother of Lightning"), also known as Leizi, is Leigong's wife and the Goddess of Lightning, who is said to have used flashing mirrors to send bolts of lightning across the sky. Other companions are Yun Tong ("Cloud Youth"), who whips up clouds, and Yu Shi ("Rain Master") who causes downpours by dipping his sword into a pot. [B]Roaring winds rush forth from a type of goatskin bag manipulated by Fengbo ("Earl of Wind"), who was later transformed into Feng Po Po ("Lady Wind").[/B]

As you can see the bag was carried by many gods and used to carry various powers and winds.The gods all of whom had bags and all of whom had weapons that resembled a great rumble like thunder usually with some electricity nearby and a bolt of lightning.
edit on 30-12-2018 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Thanks, this type of information is not my normal interest. Thanks for a summary. A bag full of science! That sounds interesting whatever the truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
'medicine' bags................

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Thanks, this type of information is not my normal interest. Thanks for a summary. A bag full of science! That sounds interesting whatever the truth.

No problem I am usually not interested in these types of questiones either however I got to thinking and then started to draw a few similarities between god legends. It was a learning experience for me too. Wether its a bag of power or it was a handbag its still interesting to actually see the legends and see what they actually said the bags did.

Reminds me of the tessaract(cosmic cube) from marvel comics, great power source.

Question is why would gods if they were real ever need a power source? Sci-fi could have a good time with that one.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

It makes me also think about gold, and why it was important to so many different cultures.

Because it's shiny and relatively rare. Everyone likes shiny things.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Maybe the soaring, eagle headed beasts were harvesting and storing glands in those vessels,

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The ones from Mesopotamia were involved in some sort of purification ritual as well as to keep evil spirits away

n Neo-Assyrian art, objects resembling a pine cone and a bucket (or occasionally a bucket alone) are held as attributes by a number of different genies, often in association with the stylised tree; the 'cone' is held up in the right hand, the bucket held down in the left. Only very rarely are these objects held by figures which might be interpreted as entirely human; almost always they are held by genies or human-animal hybrids (see demons and
monsters).
As well as in front of the stylised tree, the bucket and cone are seen held before floral decorative elements, guardian super-natural figures, the king or his attendants, or open doorways. The cone has been interpreted as a fir cone (Pinus brutia), as the male flower of the date palm or as a clay object in imitation of such. The bucket has been thought to have been of metal or wicker, and to have contained either water or pollen (see stylised tree and its `rituals').
Written sources on the matter are few, but it seems cear that the bucket and cone were associated with purification, for they are known respectively as banduddû (bucket) and, significantly, mullitu (purifier), and figurines 11 of genies holding these attributes were among the types placed within buildings for protection from malevolent demons and disease (see building rites and deposits; magic and sorcery).

Gods Demons and Symbols of Ancient Mesopotamia Page 45.

Harte

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

a reply to: riiver

It’s a good question, just because they appear to look like hand bags to our modern eyes doesn’t mean that was what the ancients were actually depicting.

But saying they could be buckets is is falling foul of the same type of thinking. Let’s face it buckets or bags would have been common items and hardly something of importance worth associating with the gods. Whatever they were they had to have some significance beyond the mundane.

It could be that they were a symbol for power or wisdom, perhaps containers of knowledge as opposed to anything material.

One theory I vaguely recall is that the handle represents the arc of heaven and the bag the earth below. The trouble with that though is why would a god be grasping the handle as if they were in fact holding a physical object?

I would love to know the real meaning behind these, whatever they are. It was important enough to be depicted by independent civilisations over the ages going right back to Gobekli Tempe.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Justoneman

No problem I am usually not interested in these types of questiones either however I got to thinking and then started to draw a few similarities between god legends. It was a learning experience for me too. Wether its a bag of power or it was a handbag its still interesting to actually see the legends and see what they actually said the bags did.

Reminds me of the tessaract(cosmic cube) from marvel comics, great power source.

Question is why would gods if they were real ever need a power source? Sci-fi could have a good time with that one.

For us Trekies,
Cpt Kirk dealt with that at least once and Cpt Piccard had that pesky Q.

Science and it's inventions are usually described as magic by those who have never seen it before.

edit on 30-12-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You have a great sense of humour, well done I enjoyed it.a reply to: Phage

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What an incredibly passive-aggressive OP. Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We've had the "man-bag".
The only practical advice I can give is, wear your jacket over it.
Otherwise they rip it off your shoulders.
edit on 30-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join