It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took a break and now I am back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know some of you noticed I was not around as much as I was in the past. there are a few reason

1) self examination. This is where I stepped back and looked over my activities here and trying to make sure my time was being spent well. No it wasn't so you will see me sow down.
2) I have been studying and writing on Psalm 119. amazing. Also I have been looking at the book of Job and doing some deeper study in the oldest recorded book of the AV 1611 Bible.
3) I have been going through procedures that are supposed to help my back and the constant pain I have been in fr over a year. And after a year the final diagnosis is that I need a L5-S1 Disc replacement. Even on meds the pain does not go away, I have been supplementing my codeine with Kratom (first herbal med I have tried that really works) so that I wont be addicted to either of them. I am hoping to get off all the medication natural and narcotic after the procedure is done. But that will be a while for that one first we have to get a settlement with the workman's comp insurance company.

I will be in and out of ATS. So I hope to see you all from time to time in the forums. I love ATS it is a great site. Happy New Year everyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Self examination is always good. It can be laborious and often daunting, but with prayer and study, God always makes it work.

Back pain is probably the worst kind of physical pain one could experience. I'm glad you've found a supplement to help you along with that. It might be worth looking into the placebo effect as well. With a strong enough belief, the mind can overcome pain. I'll keep you in my prayers, regardless.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Come on man! These 'I've been away and now I'm back posts' are cringey at this point. I mean, it's understandable to a certain extent especially when a grave illness is took into account but I feel most members these days have took some kind of a tongue lashing at some point from our more 'esteemed' members and entered into a volunteered hiatus.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your first point but then you interjected some kind of bible nonsense into your second point then moved onto an actual ailment in your third point which you elaborated greatly on.

My point is, you've exacerbated your third point with unnecessary information. I'm sorry for being pedantic but stick to the facts, no one cares about religion unless you're posting in a religion forum and you're actually posting in the introduction forum! Post your point first (3rd point) and then add information (1st point)[merge], the bible stuff is not required at all, it bares no relevance (2nd point).

Welcome back though, I guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

the bible stuff is not required at all, it bares no relevance

Just you wait.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

the bible stuff is not required at all, it bares no relevance

Just you wait.

Good grief, what hast thou done!!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm still waiting.

_[^^)_

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Welcome back ChesterJohn.
Sorry to hear about your back. As a chronic pain sufferer I appreciate the Kratom advice.

I feel most members these days have took some kind of a tongue lashing at some point from our more 'esteemed' members and entered into a volunteered hiatus.

Maybe he Just got tired of the ignorant, narcissistic, assholes.

edit on 12 30 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Welcome back ChesterJohn.
Sorry to hear about your back. As a chronic pain sufferer I appreciate the Kratom advice.

I feel most members these days have took some kind of a tongue lashing at some point from our more 'esteemed' members and entered into a volunteered hiatus.

Maybe he Just got tired of the ignorant, narcissistic, assholes.

Could be, sure, i'll entertain that notion! Or maybe he wants affirmation from unintelligent and weakwilled people. We'll just leave this little polite, passive aggressive discourse right here and not take it any further eh champ

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Welcome back Sir.

I just read that Psalms 119 is acrostic. Interesting fact that.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Had to look that word up. Thanks for the education. Learned sumthin new today.

Welcome back ChesterJohn. Even if you are a Bible thumper. That's okay by me. Good luck with your poor back. I hear it's better not to have that surgery though.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Good luck.

FYI Kratom is quickly being made illegal across the US...and I have the same location/medication issues as you.

Look into spinal/chiropractic realignment of S n L locations, spinal pain blockers and minimal meds.

I was using cane, limping, facing surgery, went for adjustments 2 times weekly for 2 months...no limping, no cane, pain everyday at a 5/5 for 3 herniated discs in cerv. spine, 1 mid-thoracic, and 1 larger + stenosis at S5 + L1.

One single opiod in the morning...gets me moving, adjustments straightened the rest out, no need for surgery anymore.

Get a 2nd, 3rd-10th even evaluation...inj.'s, alignment, meds and p.t.....can keep you from having daily pain-mobility issues.

*I went 34 yrs without the surgery, about to give in...went thru all the above, am fine now..at 65, look and feel in my 50s..

STILL have pain, but manageable going thru my days-Emergency Response, 40 hrs+ weekly, on call 365/24/7 for H.land Sec. response.

Good luck to you, God Bless!

Best,

M.S./EMT

edit on 30-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome back ChesterJohn!
Hang in there with the back, lots of good advice here, maybe it will help. Can you elaborate on the Kratom use? I was going to order some but got bogged down in the different types/uses. Which one do you use? (red/white/green)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

Come on man! These 'I've been away and now I'm back posts' are cringey at this point. I mean, it's understandable to a certain extent especially when a grave illness is took into account but I feel most members these days have took some kind of a tongue lashing at some point from our more 'esteemed' members and entered into a volunteered hiatus.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your first point but then you interjected some kind of bible nonsense into your second point then moved onto an actual ailment in your third point which you elaborated greatly on.

My point is, you've exacerbated your third point with unnecessary information. I'm sorry for being pedantic but stick to the facts, no one cares about religion unless you're posting in a religion forum and you're actually posting in the introduction forum! Post your point first (3rd point) and then add information (1st point)[merge], the bible stuff is not required at all, it bares no relevance (2nd point).

Welcome back though, I guess.

It is always easier for us to place judgment on people but rather should we not comfort them? It is easy to say "you did it because someone else hurt your feelings". But that was not what happened at all no matter what you may think. We should be careful not to esteem anyone better than another, in doing so we judge one person better than another, but none of us are greater or lesser than he other.

I am a Bible believer and I will interject Bible into my posts for it is part of who I am. And again you judge me very strictly, and you judge my Bible and my use of it as "nonsense". I wonder do you ever judge yourself and your opinions with the standard you put on me? Probably not.

I do not hold to a religion, again you judge me and my belief as foolishness to you. Maybe a little self examination would be good for you and seems to be something you have need of greatly.

Then to judge that "NO ONE" cares about my belief (only a religion in your own eyes). Do you know the heart of everyone at ATS or that will come to ATS? I think not. So what you know is of your own heart, You do not want to hear about my belief, my faith which you call religion. Just say it and be truthful, "it is just you, not everyone, that does not like my faith/religion".

And as a person of faith it will come out in every forum I post in and you would do well to mark that so you are not offended at it when you see it. For a person who is of a belief in Christ finished work of the cross for his personal salvation, it is a blessing to share his faith in all he does, says and touches in his life.

So you see my belief does bare a lot of relevance in my life and I will always reflect it here, there and everywhere. You don't have to like it and you can ignore it, but you are wrong to chastise me for it.

edit on 12/31/2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

the waitingi s over, Phage, it just reared its glorious head upon him.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I'll say it again Kratom is the only herbal I found that actually works. The one that works the best if the Red Dragon Kratom Powder Currently it works just as well for me as Codeine. If you have Netflix watch "Leaf of Faith", that is how I stumbled on to it as a good supplement for narcotics. Codeine does not stop all the pain and neither does Kratom but both do about the same level of pain relief for me, and this way I don't get addicted to the narcotic.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

As you have undoubtedly already seen, I am not passive aggressive but very much active aggressive.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

the place I am to have surgery has a 90% success rate in full recovery to a normal life. Of course I can never go back tot he hard labor jobs again, but at least I will be pain free and able to live a more productive life physically.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

My Chiropractor will not do anymore adjustments on me do to the fact the fall compressed and cause the L5/S1 to dry up, this is what needs to be corrected, if he adjusts it it could make it worse and not better because the disc is not longer pliable.

I hear you, the meds don't take it all away but it helps me to handle and maintain the pain. I can't sit, lay down or stand (that includes walking) more than 30 minutes. Even at night I wake every 30 to 40 minutes because of the pain and I roll over, or straighten out my legs. I did get some muscle relaxants that don't react to the codeine in a negative way. When I take those I can sleep for at least 4 hours before it wakes me. But I am not allowed to take more than the two I take at night.

There are time that nothing works and all I can do is wait it out, warm bath or heating pad. I never had luck with Ice but I try it anyway and then alternate tot he heat, Eventually on those bad days it comes down to manageable levels.

Best to you too. take care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join