It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dame June Whitfield, star of Absolutely Fabulous, dies aged 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Britains most revered female media star has died. I would suspect even those in the US will know of her. I have listened and watched her, on radio and TV since the 50's and have been entertained every time.
She became like an auntie to all, even the early days when she played Ron's girlfriend, Eff, she came across as one kind hearted lady.
If nobody else misses her I will.

Dame June Whitfield, star of Absolutely Fabulous, dies aged 93

A star

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Really? How often does she die aged 93?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Farewell auntie June , you were absolutely fabulous.

RiP
edit on 30-12-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dowot

There was an old interview with her on R4 today with Joanna Lumley. Whitfield led far more of a life than I ever knew. She said she was happy to always get 2nd billing because it meant she would never be held accountable for bad publicity. She'd worked with damn near every British comedy actor from Barker to Hancock and had a volley of anecdotes. Even Noel Coward got a shout for being a bit of a secret agent during the war years.

There are times when I realise how steeped in British culture I am and it's unsettling lol. Most of her career and recollections were before I was even born and some before my folks were alive. There's something heart warning about these British icons even though the younger me would have puked at the idea.

new topics

top topics

join