It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's baaaack Ebola - American Doctor in Nebraska

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well it's very noble to go in and help people in a hot zone but if you might be I'll why are you risking more lives by traveling? Was this doctor flown back on ,medical place with full biohazard safeties or did they hop on a commercial airliner and fly back. Yes I know you supposedly have to be in contact with a sick person's body fluids to catch Ebola but viruses mutate all the time and all it. Could theoretically become an airborne pathogen. Best thing to do would have been to send treatment to patient instead of possibly starting a pandemic..

I do not see stigma in people with a disease . It knows no race or crede all communicable diseases should be contained instead we are forced by corporations to show up to work while sick and contagious.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's the proper thing to do.

When you are exposed to something like Ebola, you stay in a quarantine until you are sure you aren't going to come down with it.

The wording in the article may simply be an indication of the type of exposure this doctor received. Remember how the film crew was allowed to stay in their homes on personal recognizance? They were supposed to voluntarily quarantine themselves under house arrest for 21 days, and they didn't have the fortitude to do it.

The family of the patient who came to the US ill was also kept under house arrest. None of them got sick, either.

This measure may indicate that this doctor actually had fluid contamination. Perhaps he suffered a contaminated needle stick or something of the sort, so they are taking no chances with him.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If it is a case of the walking dead let live, then god willed it to be. Never fear, My turtle dove.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I dont know it would just depend on your outlook I suppose. It could be a bad thing, or it could be a good thing, just imagine all those lanes opening up on the freeway. But a wise man once said that nothing ever dies, it just get spun on re-runs every few years. Seems to be the case of Ebola, who knows what there doing over there. Probably just failed attempts at a zombie virus.

Ebola is not good, most especially for those who are susceptible to such things. But a car crash and variety of other things like the flu can and will kill you just as dead. And your likely much much more likely to die from a car crash then Ebola, and well, would not be as cool hemaragy of a death. But then again, brains splattered on the sidewalk or lungs filling up with fluid till you choke in your own juices is not pretty either, but in this country its much more likely to happen.

In fact much more then winning the lottery is.

And then again there are drugs around which would not even have the decency of killing you off in a few measly months like ebola, some have been dying for years and years on them, just dragging on and on, not even having the decency to kill you off after the 3 month mark. But they are not really classified as a deadly disease so they don't count. So once again, its just depends on just what you have decided to fear.

Now ebola is as good a thing to fear as any, in fact, better then some. But still. Every few years, one should change what one should fear, its just good hygiene, like changing your bed sheets out once in a while. Which reminds me, ditto on that.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

May I suggest reading a book called The Hot Zone, by Richard Preston? After doing so you will understand that the "panic" is justified. I myself do tend to fear any virus with a mortality rate of close to 80 percent that melts you like a stick of butter from the inside out.
edit on 31-12-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I agree with you. I think and pardon my language but Bashir crazy to allow people to marginalize deadly diseases because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings. If their is a treatment for it fine fly it to where the doctor who got exposed is or better yet take it with you when going into an area like this. We live in a world today that is interconnected like never before with tremendous mass travel capabilities and speed. So far we have been truly blessed as a world that a new hypercontagious and lethal disease has not spread a pandemic . Can you imagine if the Spanish flu was emerging now instead of the early 20th century how many more lives it would take. How many of us out there alive today remember when the gov gave out swine flu shots because they thought it was going to be Spanish flu part deux I still got scar on arm when I flinched when they shot me with the air needle as a kid
.diseases do not care about your race your beliefs, your sexual preferences it does not care about anything except propagating so pc stuff has no damn business cropping up during measures to control diseases. Yes be compassionate for people's suffering .

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I myself do tend to fear any virus with a mortality rate of close to 80 percent that melts you like a stick of butter from the inside out.
That's not actually what ebola does nor is it as easily transmissible as the disease described in the book.

But as I said, death by ebola is as dreadful as it is with any hemorrhagic and it does have a very high mortality rate.

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am worried for Europe, seeing how so many Leftist parties have allowed uncontrolled migration to happen since 2015. They had allowed in thousands of thousands of African Male Migrants into Europe.

Who might carrying a number of health illness.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I myself do tend to fear any virus with a mortality rate of close to 80 percent that melts you like a stick of butter from the inside out.
That's not actually what ebola does nor is it as easily transmissible as the disease described in the book.

But as I said, death by ebola is as dreadful as it is with any hemorrhagic and it does have a very high mortality rate.

I agree that in its current form it is probably not as contagious as the book purports, but what worries me is the potential for mutation, which could result in something more easily contracted. Its a gamble to let this virus near any large population centers, its been contained in Africa (so far) because it hit relatively small towns and sparsely populated areas. And it probably wouldn't do as much in areas with better sanitation and western methodology for disposal of the dead (washing of the dead by family members is a practice observed in some areas of Africa). And there is still a lot we don't know about this virus. I remember one of the physicians surviving a bout with it was thought to be virus free and later it was determined that the fluid in his eyes was full of virus. Its stuff like that that worries me.
edit on 31-12-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is a woman, who might have been exposed to the virus as it is (not "mutated"), being kept in isolation in a modern facility.

edit on 12/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I just think the isolation facilities should not be located near a population center. There are plenty of islands that are US territories where a facility could be set up to deal with this. Why take ANY chances?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join