It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I Wanted Was a Beef Burrito

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Occasionally I visit the local Taco Puke, I mean Bell for a quick bite because I don't have much time.

Over the years , I had always ordered a combo burrito and maybe a side of pintos and cheese. A combo burrito consists of beef and beans and cheese.

Few months ago, I asked for a combo burrito and was told they don't sell them anymore. I asked, do you have beef and beans ? Think maybe you can put that together in a burrito? They finally made that happen, with some struggle.

Last week, I went , and not wanting to go trough the struggle again, I asked for a beef burrito. I was asked what kind. Uh, just a beef burrito. But which one , sir , we have this kind and that kind , all with different varieties of fillings I didn't want. I'm like, you can't just make a beef burrito? The response was , well pick one, and we can remove what ever you don't want.

Are you #ing kidding me?

I was in a hurry and starving, agree to what ever, remove everything but the beef and cheese.

I am done with fast food. I'm done with society.
Things have gone down hill pretty quick like a sinking ship, and I am jumping off .

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Even though it's probably not even actual food, Taco Bell is the one fast food restaraunt from my youth that I still like...except for the exact idiotic issue you detail here. Sometimes you will luck out and get a cashier who is capable of independent thought, but it's rare, at least in my neck of the woods.

Don't even TRY to ask for no onions.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of threads lately, where I am left with the thought;
If this is a big problem for you, life must be good.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Even though it's probably not even actual food, Taco Bell is the one fast food restaraunt from my youth that I still like...except for the exact idiotic issue you detail here. Sometimes you will luck out and get a cashier who is capable of independent thought, but it's rare, at least in my neck of the woods.

I usually eat at real restaurants for lunch, just maybe once or twice a month, I have to resort to fast food . Definitely no Mc Donalds. My usual go to is Arby's. But sometimes Taco Bell is close by or on the way. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I get where you are coming from. Hopefully, and I assume, these types of threads are equivalent to small talk in the human face to face world. I don't THINK Groot is really saying that his Taco Bell visits are affecting his quality of life.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes, life is good for me, and I am thankful for it. I worked hard for this life. 32 years in a career I love.
Call me lucky, or determined to make myself a better life.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

I usually eat at real restaurants for lunch, just maybe once or twice a month, I have to resort to fast food . Definitely no Mc Donalds. My usual go to is Arby's. But sometimes Taco Bell is close by or on the way. I'm done.

Oh HELL I forgot about Arby's!!! Ok, so I've got two fast food places from youth that I stil like. I forget about Arby's because there aren't many of them here in DC. Now I'm craving a Big Roast Beef dripping with Arby's sauce and a large order of curly fries.

Thanks 😒

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The old beef burroto they used to have was awesome. Also the old tostado not the newer they have again. And the pintos and cheese most locations dont have either. They used to be called frijoles. Also the encherito was my all time favoite. You could get it with green or red sauce. All this was pre- 2000.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The old beef burroto they used to have was awesome. Also the old tostado not the newer they have again. And the pintos and cheese most locations dont have either. They used to be called frijoles. Also the encherito was my all time favoite. You could get it with green or red sauce. All this was pre- 2000.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If I had a dollar for every time someone trashes fast food yet says "but today I bought"...........

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I get where you are coming from. Hopefully, and I assume, these types of threads are equivalent to small talk in the human face to face world. I don't THINK Groot is really saying that his Taco Bell visits are affecting his quality of life.

It is small talk and sort of a rant. Believe me, I have had this conversation many times with my wife and co workers. And no, doesn't affect my quality of life, just an inconvenience because I'm dealing with some real issues trying to get half a million dollars worth of equipment up and running for a hospital.

Sorry if it sounds petty, and it is, but just frustrating at times. But, I am always polite and say thank you, if that counts for anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

You want me to start packing you a lunch to take with you? I can do that - and you know it will be better than any crappy restaurant or fast food!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

You want me to start packing you a lunch to take with you? I can do that - and you know it will be better than any crappy restaurant or fast food!

Maybe. Got tired of sandwiches and stuff when I made them, but if you pack a lunch for, that would be even better because I know it was made with love from my wife.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

It is small talk and sort of a rant. Believe me, I have had this conversation many times with my wife and co workers. And no, doesn't affect my quality of life, just an inconvenience because I'm dealing with some real issues trying to get half a million dollars worth of equipment up and running for a hospital.

Sorry if it sounds petty, and it is, but just frustrating at times. But, I am always polite and say thank you, if that counts for anything.

I know man, I was defending you. With ya all the way. It was grumpy Jefferton who took you too seriously.

link   

I think a visit to a safe space, and some crayons might be an option.

link   

I honestly think McDonald's is better than Taco Bell. Maybe it's just regional differences, I dunno. Taco Bell just tastes the like generic tex mex-spice. I get you on the poor service though, you shouldn't go there anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Aw, are you two married? An ATS members couple! That's precious! (I'm serious) 💞💞💞

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I honestly think McDonald's is better than Taco Bell. Maybe it's just regional differences, I dunno. Taco Bell just tastes the like generic tex mex-spice. I get you on the poor service though, you shouldn't go there anymore.

Dude!!!! McDonald's is the WORST! It's never even heated up all the way! The pre-fab rubbery cold eggs on the breakfast sandwiches; the soggy English muffins; cheeseburgers with unmelted "cheese" and limp tasteless fries? Where do you live? Your McDonald's is an anomaly.

HOWEVER...when the machines are working (they are broken more often than they are working), their cappucinos are good! Get a plain cappucino from McDonald's and it tastes better than and is at least 2 dollars cheaper than Starbicks.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

I think a visit to a safe space, and some crayons might be an option.

Oh, you funny dude ! I got your safe space between my belly button and my ass.

LMAO !

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yes, we love each other so much we got the government and official legally binding paperwork involved!

I would happily pack him a lunch every day if he wanted, but he generally likes going out to lunch with his work buddies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join