It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Cash Will Run Out By End Of January If Government Shutdown Continues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's ok, recipients can flee to Canada if the free # runs out here.

No worries!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

originally posted by: Phage
Let them eat cake.
What was the rest of the story again?

Doesn't matter. 'Twas a myth.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 727Sky

Food Stamp consumption is at an all time low for U.S. citizens.

At an all time high for people here Illegally.

More LEGALLY arriving here...every day here in Dearborn, Mi. Everyday....middle Eastern arrive here...1st thing is ACCESS, S.S.I. income , medical and food stamps. No English or permanent residence...and don't have to look for work...odds are they can't read or speak the language.

We give them drivers licenses and they get assist right away.

These are " legal" not illegal as most keep saying. Its me who responds to their 911 ER calls...these are legal, non speaking English transplants staying w relatives and qualify for immediate full assistance.....and I gotta work for them...as everyone.

So, drop the "illegal"...that's nothing compared to the dozens of dozens legally here daily. Go to any Social Security or ACCESS office for benefits. You would be shocked...

They are staffed with all middle Eastern workers. They all come for the free stuff and know exactly how to get it...and do.

A travesty...legally.*

* Sorry...I get stressed over this....thanks for reading my venting here.....
M.S./EMT

edit on 29-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They are staffed with all middle Eastern workers. They all come for the free stuff and know exactly how to get it...and do.

So, Trump's wall won't help?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

they have money so they are okay

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 727Sky

Food Stamp consumption is at an all time low for U.S. citizens.

At an all time high for people here Illegally.

Is that due to the language barrier do you think?

Surely though, once you taste a food stamp, one would have very little inclination to consume more..

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I get it.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE this new Republican strategy of ending the dependent population cycle and closing the Southern border!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

The Mason Dixon line?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sounds like the Democrats have a deadline to their brinksmanship.

Can they impeach Trump by than?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd say that this would be a giod way to see if Democrats care more about illegal non-citizens than American citizens......

But their actions over the last 2 years kind of answers that question doesn't it?

All the Democrats have to do is get on board with the wall. Like they were in 2015.
edit on 29-12-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

All the Democrats have to do is get on board with the wall. Like they were in 2015.

Source?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So, Trump's wall won't help?

Of course to a degree Phage. But the legal newcomers in numbers alone are huge. And they have established lawyers and offices up and down the city to help them get what they can. Now...

Can't you tell Im frustrated? Nothing will stop their emergency benefits...oh, other AMERICAN benefit families, sure...

Housing (nicer at times than mine), stamps, $$, "food surplus days""at the city center and churches...and I'm paying for it...so are you!

It is disheartening...and friend...they have no intention of assimilating into the American way. Zero. And I've heard the same from them, themselves...and to my face..

Thanks, Phage

And I don't think any wall will make much difference either way...I see their "legal" ways every day

edit on 29-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: odzeandennz

a reply to: IAMTAT

I guess Dems never should've voted to shut down the government.

They didn't. Neither did the full Senate.

Less we forget trump assumed responsibility on live TV less than a week before he shut it down....

You are correct he said if there was no funding for the wall he would shut the government down. Cause and effect.. He has further stated he would close the border and stop trade with Mexico and other countries in south and central America. You gotta figure he is not just posturing and will continue to push as his big responsibility as president is protecting the USA as commander and chief ..

As a Marine friend of mine once said, " We could put the Marines on the border and have them move south until we can find an area which is easily defended ".. He figured the Panama Canal looked like a good border to him.. It may come to that one day long after I am dead and gone.. The NWO crowd wants Canada, America, and south American states to have open borders so that is certainly one way of going about it.. I like Mexican food... a win win for everyone as all are now a citizen of this new cluster F they will create.

So the solution to illegal immigration is...just import the entire country? All of them?

Chancy might like it (Chancy = Chuck + Nancy); I don't think Trump will. Let the shut down continue. I don't care if they eat zoo animals or resort to cannibalism.

We did conquer Mexico right after the civil war. Gave most of it back.
edit on 29-12-2018 by toms54 because: because I felt like doing it

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Carcharadon

Source?

You're a big boy go find them. I'd link them but I know you are being deliberately stupid as I've seen you in many threads where those links of Schumer, Pelosi, Clinton and all the other riff raff were posted in their own words.

Feel free to keep doing your little song and dance though. I find it amusing to see such a once great poster devolve into a shadow of who he used to be through deliberate obtuseness and meaningless 2 word posts due to a raging case of TDS.

Sad. Very sad.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So, it's legal immigrants that are the problem?

they have no intention of assimilating into the American way.
Like the Irish? Give them a generation or two. Or just keep them out.

edit on 12/29/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
I'd say that this would be a giod way to see if Democrats care more about illegal non-citizens than American citizens......

But their actions over the last 2 years kind of answers that question doesn't it?

Come now; Democrats don't care about illegal non-citizens

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So, it's legal immigrants that are the problem?

they have no intention of assimilating into the American way.
Like the Irish? Give them a generation or two. Or just keep them out.

My grandparents came here as well...I get it...I do. But there was no public assistance in 1910...there sure is now. For legal and illegals....

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Trump is truly a scum bag of immense proportions to hold poor people and working people hostage to his tawdry political agenda which is NOT supported by the American people.

In a democracy, if you don’t have the votes you don’t shut down the government for your selfish reasons. Typical republican fascist activity

Hopefully, they’ll impeach this scum bag

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

1) We don't live in a democracy. Our way of governance gives veto power to the executive branch over the legislative branch. The legislative branch also has a means to over ride that veto power. If Congress truly "had the votes" it really wouldn't matter what selfish reasons the typical republican fascist president had ... they clearly dont have the votes ... throws into question your idea that the wall is NOT supported by the American people ... it clearly is being supported by enough Americans that Congress does not have the votes to override the president's veto power.

2) more importantly ... you know what's even more scum baggy than a president holding poor people and working people hostage for his tawdry political agenda? A entire government that has let itself fall into such dysfunction that every few months we are on the brink of a shutdown ... holding poor people and working people hostage ... all because our ruling class can't put their tawdry political agendas aside long enough to come up with real budgets, and lasting legislation.

But by all means Trump, the orange baffoon, is the real problem our country faces, and as soon as he leaves what a utopian world we will be living in. I'm stockpiling my lollipops hoping that day comes sooner rather than later.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join