It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another, bigger migrant caravan is set to leave from Honduras next month

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeah. Misery is funny.

I can dig it.

Misery does love company.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Lysergic

Guess they are marched against their will huh

Poor guise.

Violence drives immigration from Central America

A recent report from Doctors Without Borders (MSF) states that these Northern Triangle countries are experiencing “unprecedented levels of violence outside a war zone” and that “citizens are murdered with impunity, kidnappings and extortion are daily occurrences. Non-state actors perpetuate insecurity and forcibly recruit individuals into their ranks, and use sexual violence as a tool of intimidation and control.”

Organised violence is ravaging Central America and displacing thousands

The sheer scale of population displacement is breathtaking. Hundreds of thousands of people have fled the so-called northern triangle – El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras – over the past five years. More than 161,000 people from these three countries applied for asylum to the US between 2011-2016. At least 714,000 more are internally displaced.

Better send them to Hawaii since its tropical like their homeland.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
anea reply to: Lysergic

america eeds better imigration laws and security. w=even if the imigrants arent dangeraous themselves they leave opnen to precedent and more ways for mad ppl to come in. i think we nee d to stop this

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think it is that easy. The congress holds the purse strings, thus right now the aid for those 3 countries are already in the works and have been sent out already. Unless there is specific instructions that would allow a sitting president to cut the aid, it can not be done. If he tries, and it is not within the instructions, or conditions, then it would end up causing a second set of conditions, that could force the court to decide if it is or is not within his power.

So, for arguments sake, he cuts off the aid, which is fine. So now that opens up a void, that some one else decides to fill. And right now the current thought, is the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So currently is one Russian military base that is close to the US, that will be upgraded and restarted and another that is in the final stages of negotiations, where it puts Russia well within striking distance of the USA. Now the US decides to deny aid to those three countries, and the slack could be picked up by Russia or China, and part of the Aid that they decide to give, could include land for a military base, to not only assist in the stability of the country and region, but also giving them a strategic point.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The reality is that much of the migration that we are seeing are the result of US policy
. . . to aid that kept dictators in power

"aid that kept dictators in power" Exactly !
Here's the thing, u.s is spending billions to over-throw elected leaders in
the Mid East, so why not in Guatemala ? and Honduras ? Nicaragua ?
We all Know Why, and WHY citizens of those countries are leaving in mass.
Because u.s and israel have taken over.
u.s should NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PROBLEM U.S. CREATED.
Obvious, in that Guatemala was the only other to 'agree' about jerusalem
embassy move.
When the only industry in town is a slaughter-house owned by israel,
paying below minimum wage, and all restate bought up by same,
. . . guess what, it's in your hands now.

originally posted by: generik
US was trying to help protect those countries. and instead make it seem that the US
is some kind of monster bullying the world.

With 'friends' as these, who needs enemies ?
Yes, u.s-zionism is a monster and then some.
. . . just a form of mid-evil colonial expansionism because
they can not sustain economically >themselves .

edit on 30/12/18 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
Fair question and here is the answer:

The first involvement of the US, was when US business interest were threatened with strikes and unions, said business persons then went to the Government and got them to send Troops to act as union busters, setting the stage for the economic disparity that continued on, and an elite ruling class.

Yes the US policy was to stop the spread of communism, and in that endeavor, it was either to isolate and punish said country, or to pay large amounts of money, thus setting up a brutal dictatorship. This lead to the various civil wars that spilled over and moved from country to country, in and out, causing problems for many countries, leading to other problems. So yes we were keeping out the communist, that is true, but at what costs? That in turned led the US to accepting refugees from El Salvador, which on the streets of LA, in turned gave rise to MS-13. We gave them refuge but did not think to give them the additional help to prevent that, and thus that lead to another problem where members of that gang was sent back to a country, that was ill prepared to deal with such, leading it to spread to different countries, and grow in power, and influence in the region. It was a mess that the US not only created, but then only made it worse.

Added to the drug war, as the CIA and FBI were heavily involved in not only creating the market, but then the chaos that ensued later on, from the flow of Cocaine and other drugs from the South American countries on up through the latin American countries. The US went in and removed the king pins, but did nothing to dismantle the networks in the process, that left a void that is now being filled by others.

So there is the mess in a nutshell, where the US has went in, with the best of intentions, that only led to far worse problems. This mess that is all of this immigration, the US has a responsibility for. And if the US will not clean it up, then another country will. And lets just say there are 2 countries more than willing to do such, the question is how close to you want other powers with nuclear weapons close to the US?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justinajr
anea reply to: Lysergic
america eeds better imigration laws and security. w=even if the imigrants arent dangeraous themselves they leave opnen to precedent and more ways for mad ppl to come in. i think we nee d to stop this

President Trump correctly points out that the Obamas have built a 10 foot wall around their property, because WALLS WORK.

President Trump's 12.30.2018 Statement: twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Considering they kicked the lgbt community out (but homophobia in the name of "leftism" is fine).

Sorry to say, but these caravans are going to be pretty boring.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Two women in strollers!

And then just guys, guys and more dudes.

And I'm not saying these dudes are ugly.

But do I necessarily want them on my front-lawn tomorrow?

Probably not.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I mean wasn't the whole "migrant" scam old it 2015 already?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Dangle a few kids around (that the leftists actually killed), because that means "no borders".

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just think they should all just turn back around. The caravans go back.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
And oh the irony, if anybody should be arguing for open borders it should be me - as a white South African.

But no, the borders are effectively closed to us.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you aren't Native American, you are effectively an immigrant. Actually, an occupier, come to think of it. So, in this instance, what gives you the right to deny a person from immigrating here simply based on color?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

is there a place to donate to caravan?

edit on 31-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I say we send us marshals after the organization funding and supplying these caravans for human trafficking and for helping them break the law which unless I failed civics is adding and abetting. Seize their assets. I am pretty sure if coyote are caught sneaking people across border it is a felony why are they nor charging these people in Chicago who are doing same damn thing.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well this should keep the board rwnj’s busy. What on earth will happen with them when they run out of people to fear?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

See those lights in the sky?
They're rapists.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
If you aren't Native American, you are effectively an immigrant. Actually, an occupier, come to think of it. So, in this instance, what gives you the right to deny a person from immigrating here simply based on color?

Because that was hundreds of years ago and we have laws and a culture to maintain now. In case you hadn't noticed.

Tired of people trying to make me feel bad about where I was born. Even if my ancestors fought the native Americans and took their land. Screw you... My right to deny entry of anyone comes by being born here from ancestors who died protecting and building this nation.

What do you expect me to do?
Go immigrate back to Scandinavia?
Pay some stranger restitution?

I swear these are such low thought arguments anymore. Like do you have any other talking points or arguments?

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

is there a place to donate to caravan?

Can we donate U-hauls so they can hall their arses right back where they came from?

If they want a better life they can do the same hard work we had to do to make our country great. I'm done paying for these lazy leaches and their give me, give me or I sue you attitudes, screw em.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join