It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another, bigger migrant caravan is set to leave from Honduras next month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'll certainly let you know when Lgbt are arrested again, like in Uganda and Zimbabwe.
Yeah, apparently because it's "unAfrican".

Maybe some Westerners still think when I say "Leftist" I mean somebody who welcomes everybody, and dispenses with old fogey judgements.

You have no idea what these people are like, or their ideology.

Be afraid?
Yeah, be very afraid.
edit on 29-12-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Democrats are up in arms because an illegal immigrant minor died in the United States. You'd think they would be thankful that the child is now with God, instead of living in a country run by Donald Trump.

Dims don't know what they believe. No foundation at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Lysergic

Guess they are marched against their will huh

Poor guise.

Violence drives immigration from Central America

A recent report from Doctors Without Borders (MSF) states that these Northern Triangle countries are experiencing “unprecedented levels of violence outside a war zone” and that “citizens are murdered with impunity, kidnappings and extortion are daily occurrences. Non-state actors perpetuate insecurity and forcibly recruit individuals into their ranks, and use sexual violence as a tool of intimidation and control.”

Organised violence is ravaging Central America and displacing thousands

The sheer scale of population displacement is breathtaking. Hundreds of thousands of people have fled the so-called northern triangle – El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras – over the past five years. More than 161,000 people from these three countries applied for asylum to the US between 2011-2016. At least 714,000 more are internally displaced.

wow, I guess they are wanting to leave a sh!thole country. Shame their governments aren't capable of cleaning it up. Canada has lots of space.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Here is the thing:

So is it the buck stops here, or do we continue to ignore the mess that was created by the USA from the past, in hopes that it will go away, and what will be the consequences of each choice?

The reality is that much of the migration that we are seeing are the result of US policy in the region, going back to the late 1800’s and continued up to this very date. From the business and the US military used to enforce various policies, to aid that kept dictators in power, to the shipping of US problems back to the various countries, this all has culminated to what all we have going on today.

This is a mess from the policies of the US, going back years. And should we turn our back on that mess, because it is no longer convenient or shall we actually do something to clean it up?

here is the thing. yet here again we see more American hate. yet again we see blame America, for what is happening in any country. in fact we are seeing the normal leftist, it's not "your fault", we must find someone else to blame for problems people, or in this case countries have created for themselves. so very typical.

it makes for an interesting contradiction in beliefs and blame laying. "it's America's fault for things that happened years ago". yet at the same time completely ignoring the actual situations and WHY the US was so involved in South America years ago. and WHY they were interfering in South American countries. it makes it even far more interesting that the leftists are actually completely ignoring their popular boogeyman of recent years in all of this.

it really does show who leftists actually hate more. but then again i guess i really should not be surprised in the end when i think about it. because the hated Russia of today, you know that evil entity that worked so hard to put Trump into office, and interfered with American politics, supposedly against the "good guy" democrats. the same Russia who "INVADED" the Ukraine (after being asked to help after a Western interference caused a mob takeover of the country and it's politics). is not the same Communist Russia that pretty much shares the same beliefs and ends as the modern day democrats.

you see the thing that gets conveniently in these leftist blame America diatribes, is the reason that the US was so involved in South America in the first place. and that was quite frankly to stop the Communist takeover of those countries with heavy SSSR involvement. and where what in 20/20 hindsight the problems caused were a direct result of trying to keep that interference in South America as minimal as possible. and not to be seen as empire building. instead just trying to protect those countries, so that they could run themselves. while at the same time being protected against Communist interference. and yes that did in fact include supporting what we then called freedom fighters, but would now call terrorists. against those freedom fighters and terrorists that were communist, especially Communist Russia backed. and it was a literal war zone as those two sides clashed. something that went on pretty much since the German Backed Communist takeover in Russia at the end of WW!. but sure lets just forget about the fact that the US was trying to help protect those countries. and instead make it seem that the US is some kind of monster bullying the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just do like israel. Shoot them.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

US deliberately destabilizes nations for decades on end, and when it leads to blowback, blame leftists hating America woohoo!

Of course the deeper implication in your line of thinking is that US foreign policy / CIA secret wars & drugs running IS "America".

And thus thats what it becomes.

edit on 30-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: generik

US deliberately destabilizes nations for decades on end, and when it leads to blowback, blame leftists hating America woohoo!

Of course the deeper implication in your line of thinking is that US foreign policy / CIA secret wars & drugs running IS "America".

And thus thats what it becomes.

so, dissolve the borders and just bend over and take one for the team? What is the alternative?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Who cares? I don't.

Is anybody supposed to care about what you care about? I was providing some facts

For some reason people who agree with you seem to think that the world revolves around their disinterestedness. Like it's some kind of valid argument - instead of just a big pout

Is this part of what you all call owning the libtards?

:-)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

wow, I guess they are wanting to leave a sh!thole country. Shame their governments aren't capable of cleaning it up. Canada has lots of space.

Is this seriously the best you can come up with?

There are people that post regularly on this board that came here from those countries - running scared from something but still feeling entitled to be here for some reason

Maybe you should take this up with them

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Is this seriously the best you can come up with?

There are people that post regularly on this board that came here from those countries - running scared from something but still feeling entitled to be here for some reason

Maybe you should take this up with them

well, first off, it kind of solidifies the comment Trump made earlier in his presidency. Second, rather than shame the citizens of the US into opening the borders and letting any and all who want to come find out how much they can get on their SNAP cards, why don't these countries make an effort to make their homes a nicer place to be.

Perhaps they can elect a leader who's goal is to MakesouthAmericaGreatAgain. You know, focus on the problems within their borders and not so much other PPls issues.

Or is risking the lives of children to trapes across several other nations to come to the US and sneak in a better choice? For them, perhaps, for us, perhaps not. How many migrants have you taken in?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Second, rather than shame the citizens of the US into opening the borders and letting any and all who want to come find out how much they can get on their SNAP cards, why don't these countries make an effort to make their homes a nicer place to be.

A Century of U.S. Intervention Created the Immigration Crisis

The liberal rhetoric of inclusion and common humanity is insufficient: we must also acknowledge the role that a century of U.S.-backed military coups, corporate plundering, and neoliberal sapping of resources has played in the poverty, instability, and violence that now drives people from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras toward Mexico and the United States. For decades, U.S. policies of military intervention and economic neoliberalism have undermined democracy and stability in the region, creating vacuums of power in which drug cartels and paramilitary alliances have risen. In the past fifteen years alone, CAFTA-DR — a free trade agreement between the U.S. and five Central American countries as well as the Dominican Republic — has restructured the region’s economy and guaranteed economic dependence on the United States through massive trade imbalances and the influx of American agricultural and industrial goods that weaken domestic industries. Yet there are few connections being drawn between the weakening of Central American rural agricultural economies at the hands of CAFTA and the rise in migration from the region in the years since. In general, the U.S. takes no responsibility for the conditions that drive Central American migrants to the border.

You wish the world was as simple as you need for it to be to provide you with enough cover to allow you to sound as ignorant as you do - and pretend you are credible

Sorry - tired of sugar coating

edit on 12/30/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

So since the Deep State government destabilized other nations, my wish for a secure border, and LEGAL immigration becomes wrong?

I'm sure the innocents in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and whomever else we currently occupy don't like the choices the Deep State makes either. But none of that makes a tiny bit of difference with my wishes.

If your Dad beat up the neighbor kid a lot when growing up, would you be wrong in wanting to not have that neighbor have unlimited access to your house?

ETA: Here is a thread going now. I completely agree with both previous Democratic Presidents on this topic. It's exactly what I would like to see. Did you and Nancy Pelosi disagree with them then?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-12-2018 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So since the Deep State government destabilized other nations, my wish for a secure border, and LEGAL immigration becomes wrong?

I'm sure the innocents in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and whomever else we currently occupy don't like the choices the Deep State makes either. But none of that makes a tiny bit of difference with my wishes.

If your Dad beat up the neighbor kid a lot when growing up, would you be wrong in wanting to not have that neighbor have unlimited access to your house?

This is nothing but bigotry dressed up as rational pragmatism

My people - both sides - are in this country because they were fleeing poverty and violence

Nobody wanted them here either. They said they were no good, poor, dirty, over-breeding criminals

I was born here - same as you I'm guessing. I know who I am. I know that it's the luck of the draw. I earned exactly nothing. Same as you

I'm fine with my position. I know this world, I'm good with all of it's people. Our country can still easily absorb those fleeing awful situations

This is not going to be solved with a wall. I'd rather treat people humanely than be what we've become

Save your simpleton sermons for people who take them seriously

ETA: Asking for asylum is legal. Why refuse to acknowledge this?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It's like you don't even bother to listen, you just project what you think I mean. Try this, pretend you don't know me or how I post.

Now, my stance is that if you want to come into this country, do it the right way, legally. If you want to sneak in, I feel it's our duty as a sovereign nation, to make sure our laws on immigration are followed. If our laws are deemed wrong, then we have a wonderful process in place to change them. But thinking we can just disregard the ones some of us don't like seems wrong.

Now, I'd love for you to explain how wrong that is and why.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's like you don't even bother to listen, you just project what you think I mean. Try this, pretend you don't know me or how I post.

Now, my stance is that if you want to come into this country, do it the right way, legally. If you want to sneak in, I feel it's our duty as a sovereign nation, to make sure our laws on immigration are followed. If our laws are deemed wrong, then we have a wonderful process in place to change them. But thinking we can just disregard the ones some of us don't like seems wrong.

Now, I'd love for you to explain how wrong that is and why.

I understand what you mean. You just don't like my interpretation of it

You claim to like people that speak directly - from the hip - no BS. But, in fact - you only like them when they say things that agree with what you already believe

I don't agree with you. If you want to have this discussion with someone that *listens* to you - then have it with somebody else. There are plenty of people here that hear you - agree with you completely. I'm not here to debate

I came into this thread with some facts. You want me to agree with you

I don't

By the way - it's Trump that's disregarding law. Asking for asylum is legal. Why (I ask again) do you insist on pretending that it isn't?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

LOL, so asking you to explain why I'm wrong, comes down to "muh feelz"?

was I wrong to hope for more from you?

ETA:
And asking for asylum is fine, sneaking in to do it, well, there is those pesky laws again. You want to be an American, cool, we have a system for just that. If there is a problem with that system, FIX THE DAMN SYSTEM, DON'T IGNORE IT.

I'm glad bleeding hearts like you exist, you at least bring attention to things that need work. But the extremes you go to, to legitimize crazy is, extreme.
edit on 30-12-2018 by network dude because: added thought

edit on 30-12-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

LOL, so asking you to explain why I'm wrong, comes down to "muh feelz"?

was I wrong to hope for more from you?

muh feelz?

No - apparently I was wrong to hope for more from you

I know where I am on this. You're entitled to your feelz

I'm not here to debate

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm not here to debate

Then why are you here?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm glad bleeding hearts like you exist, you at least bring attention to think that need work. But the extremes you go to, to legitimize crazy is, extreme.

At some point you might see where the extremes actually manifest

This is my hope for you

laters Network

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I provided some facts to someone in another post. He seemed to not understand why this whole thing was happening

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join