It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should illegals be counted as 3/4 a person?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This post’s inspiration is from another post on the board regarding NC congressional election.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This post basically said, if NC doesn’t confirm an election, the federal governement can not confirm the election.

This got me thinking about what the constitution says and used to say.

The US Constitution Artficle 1 Section 2

The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

What people make up a state? Should the federal governement decide? If so then illegals are not eligible to be counted for the census .

If states like California get to decide who’s in their states, then illegals should be counted for the federal census and help determine congressional seating.

California countingniklegals and increasing their power base is not fair to the states that have laws that Mirror the federal governments laws of citizenship.

So as history repeats itself, illegals should count as 3/4 of a person for thebUS census. A majority of illegals are on governement programs, so the funding needs to be there but the states shouldn’t get full power for keeping people on government programs and putting them into a position where they have to work illegally for lower wages.

Personally, I would let rverybillegal fill out the census of where they live and work. Then start up north and have ice arrest all the people giving the criminals a job and start deportation of all the criminals living in America illegally.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How about 1/1024 th of a person? The DNC would never go for it, and I think they would destroy their own country to get votes.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

They are 100% people. People who should not be counted in our census or be allowed to vote.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

100 percent people
Zero percent American

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Personally, I would let rverybillegal fill out the census of where they live and work. Then start up north and have ice arrest all the people giving the criminals a job and start deportation of all the criminals living in America...

If you start deporting criminals half the country would be kicked out. Let the criminals stay. They are just following the examples set by the politicians. Everyone is just trying to get ahead.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You need to be a citizen of a country to vote on that counties laws and leaders.

Why is this even being asked?
What's next, allowing the Chinese to have a day in US elections?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Personally, I would let rverybillegal fill out the census of where they live and work. Then start up north and have ice arrest all the people giving the criminals a job and start deportation of all the criminals living in America...

If you start deporting criminals half the country would be kicked out. Let the criminals stay. They are just following the examples set by the politicians. Everyone is just trying to get ahead.

How could half of the legal US citizens be kicked out ?
We are speaking of criminally illegal aliens here
You did read , yes ?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How about NO.

They arent supposed to be here so they dont get representation. Other than the lawyer they'll need on their way out.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

How did the US states unite without people crossing onto territory not their own?

Imagine how silly it would be if one belligerent state (who had only existed for a short time themselves as a sovereign state) declared everyone who crossed its borders to have broken some freshly invented law?

You stand there on one side of the border and you are legal. You move a few inches and you are 'illegal'. Right?

edit on 29/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not sure if you've noticed but this isn't the 18th and 19th centuries anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm not sure if you've noticed but this isn't the 18th and 19th centuries anymore.

Well, throw away the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights, then.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Show me in any of those documents where it is a right to enter the US illegally.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yes that's how it works.

The immigration laws put in place when the country was being built are now outdated and we need immigration reform to reflect today's society and population numbers....

Same with gun laws... we dont have threat of colonies going rogue for the crown, do we.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Yes that's how it works.

The immigration laws put in place when the country was being built are now outdated and we need immigration reform to reflect today's society and population numbers....

Same with gun laws... we dont have threat of colonies going rogue for the crown, do we.

agreed

but Shia's comment of

is hilarious

cause when it comes to the gun issue that # that was written back in the day is rock solid granite not to be #ed with

but when it comes to people coming here

now there is some flexability
hahahahahahh

edit on 29-12-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Illegals should be counted as a -1 for whatever party they vote for.

That would solve the problem REAL quick.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

no - just NO

lillegals = 100% people ,

zero percent citizen

they shoulds be " deported with dignity and due process "

no benefits , not cencus , no voting

nothing but basic human rights

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

no - just NO

lillegals = 100% people ,

zero percent citizen

they shoulds be " deported with dignity and due process "

no benefits , not cencus , no voting

nothing but basic human rights

seems about right to me

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You stand there on one side of the border and you are legal. You move a few inches and you are 'illegal'. Right?

I stand at your front door and I'm legal, I kick your door in and come in 1 foot...am I still legal? Would you like another 100 examples? What country doesn't have borders?

It is not that illegals are bad in most cases, it is they cost you and I 115 billion a year, overwhelm many of our support systems, schools, ERs etc. Many are human trafficking that are being taken advantage of by being force to smuggle drugs, work for almost nothing, sex trade so on and so on. Then being undocumented we have a mix of really bad people in them too. Even when they are not bad they effect us all, a young illegal lady was driving with no licenses in my town, so not sure her skill sets, but she ran over two little girls and killed them.

There are billions of people who would love to come here so what do we do with 2x as many or 10xs as many, or even double our population?

edit on 29-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
You need to be a citizen of a country to vote on that counties laws and leaders.

This juncture isnt about them being able to vote, its the power shifts their presence may exhibit in the Electoral College / a states number of seats in the House of Representatives. How radicals in the largest state can set it down the path of becoming a "Failed State" all so it can exploit a power shifting loophole in the US Constitution.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

There are billions of people who would love to come here so what do we do with 2x as many or 10xs as many?

Planet Earth CANNOT POSSIBLY endure a doubling of CO2 over the next 50-100 years.

But the United States MUST embrace a doubling of the "asylum seekers" RIGHT NOW!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join