It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 countries forge trade pact without us.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

First world ""self sufficient"" nation???

Aye right, maybe on an episode of Star Trek, but in reality, that's just not how they function.

They consume or stagnate and go the way of the dinosaur, and that's just the way it goes.
edit on 29-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Raggedyman

Amazing how people panic when the tv tells them to panic

It's OK now though , bloke on the internet says everything will be fine.

No, stop, my mistake, start panicking, I changed my mind
Your own personal panicking will now save the USA

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Using words like might and possibly and it appears. Doesn't make much of an argument

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: soundguy

You're so sad, having to use little cute things like "magat". Just proves those on the left are little children.

Yep that one guy is representative of the entire left...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was under the impression that Hillary was also opposed to the TPP?

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump both say they oppose TPP. It's one of the few issues on which they are in agreement. Notably, both oppose the deal at a time when protectionismhas grown quite popular stateside as American workers continue to worry about losing jobs to other countries.

www.businessinsider.com...

So clearly the American people opposed the deal quite readily for both the 2016 top presidential candidates from the two major parties to agree on its rejection.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Well, lawyers use them every day in courts of law where their arguments are concerned.

I mean if they are good enough for those lying bastards and all that jazz.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Looks like the orange magat screwed us once again. Of course we have to accept that the average tRump sycophant will see higher tariffs and less trade as a good thing, the rest of us will pay more. All of those tariff free markets that could have been opened up for our goods are now essentially closed. I have to ask, are you tired of winning yet America?

www.cnn.com...

Why do I get the impression that your grasp of trade and labor is flimsy at best?

America is almost completely self sufficient at this point. We grow enough food and produce enough energy without any outside sources. China, Mexico, and Canada on the other hand rely heavily of import and must come to the table for renegotiation with America now.

Not trying to be a jerk. Just educate you on this complex subject. This should help.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Good
Now they have to buy all their stuff from the US at prime rate...

If you look at the countries involved, what do they NEED to buy from the US?

That is a genuine question rather than a prompt for a verbal fight! I may have missed the obvious but it would appear with the countries involved that they don't need to buy anything from the US, rather they can cut the US out for a lot of goods and services?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

you are screaming at the TPP trade agreement... Which was researched and found to be Wrong for the USA to be a member of as the boat load of 'agreements' are made/decided by a bunch of globalist minded folks that do not have the best of intentions for any of the member states--- but only regard their viewpoints as having value...

so the President nor Congress could ever have the authority to announce Tarriffs on anyone ever again...
the 11 nations in the OP are small fry trade partners who benefit most from the TPP trade guidelines, unlike major Trade economies of planet Earth.... I hope even those 11 countries may be able to Exit the TPP after they discover that TPP has taken control of their Nation's Future Trade practices and find out that the TPP will be slicing off maybe 10% of trade monies profits as a management/ enforcement FEE to the 11 participating Nations' that are bragging about their new Trade Guidelines

wake up world... the false free lunch scheme has been played on you again

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The rich have always had open borders, in most countries if your rich enough you just buy a passport. When the Corporations and the Government walk hand in hand, its called Fascism. When the people wake up to that fact, its usually late in the day, and the costs of changing the system are high, but change always comes .This normal German lady has had enough, I was speaking to a young French girl the other day, just a normal kid, who says the top of the political establishment needs to just go.It will be interesting how all this pans out.

edit on 30-12-2018 by anonentity because: a

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I imagine it will turn out with a bang rather than a whimper as those nefarious bastards simply are not going to go quietly into the night.

The people would need to take down the whole financial system, worldwide, to even begin to hurt these privileged few, in any kind of meaningful manner, and the cost would be the better part of our own society.

Not that i don't wish to see them try, but there can be no significant change without blood.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What does America export that can't be sourced elsewhere ? ... other than weapons of course.

Freedom, baby, Freedom!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Signatories...
Australia
Brunei
Canada
Chile
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
New Zealand
Peru
Singapore
Vietnam

Interesting list. I find it even more interesting that no EU countries nor China is on the list. This tells me those countries are trying to create a trading bloc for more than just the US. I've been seeing this a lot in my job at international reg affairs, smaller countries outside the 'Tier 1' producers banding together for more regulatory and trading power. They usually disintegrate within two years due to regulations and customs strife. We'll see how this one goes.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

It's not what we need from you it's what you buy from us
We need the US to buy from us because your economy is so large so we need the trade

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join