It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 countries forge trade pact without us.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The US economy will suffer a slight hiccup and move forward
What I predict, other countries will want to trade with the US and offer a better deal than the US were getting before

Chinese imports go up and local US produce and products go down
It will, as it always has done in the past, balance itself out

Amazing how people panic when the tv tells them to panic

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm not exactly an upstanding member our the community myself, nor corporate serf, in any kind of way shape or form.

Awesome!

It's not the ""other nations"" that's the problem but the bankers and corporations, both of which are somewhat above the arcane concept of simple nations.

And the government critters who do the corporate masters' and banksters' bidding and grant them their power over the rest of us...

The sad truth is that today's business people don't understand -- and don't want to understand, much less adhere to -- the principles of a true free market. No matter how much they pretend nor how much indignation they assume.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Nothings free Boadicea, there is always a cost or price to pay, one way or the other.

Markets will never be free whilst they are essentially owned by billionaires and bankers.

And democracy accommodates these bastards down to corruption. It's a gaol where we cannot see the bars really.

Not that i have any better alternative all the same.

edit on 29-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Amazing how people panic when the tv tells them to panic

It's OK now though , bloke on the internet says everything will be fine.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Lol..

11 out of 195 countries on the planet.. Things getting funnier and funnier day by day.......

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Nothings free Boadicea, there is always a cost or price to pay, one way or the other.

Very true. And I do understand that. I even taught my kids they had to pay the "cost" to be the boss -- and that "cost" can be monetary or labor or something else. Which they've taken it to heart and it's served them well. So your point is well taken.

The "free" market I'm talking about has to do with a level playing field, which allows the individual to decide which "cost" he's going to pay without jumping through artificial hoops. From income taxes on earned income to licensing and permitting fees to monopolies to limited liability for civil and criminal wrongdoing.

Markets will never be free whilst they are essentially owned by billionaires and bankers.

Which is why we must reform our corporate charters and the many many ways that the small business owner has been decimated by regulations and laws that stifle competition and profitability.

And democracy accommodates these bastards do to corruption. It's a gaol where we cannot see the bars really.

Which is why the founding fathers set up a Constitutional Republic and a foundation of Natural Law and individual rights. It's not an accident or coincidence that we are being conditioned and taught that we have a democracy rather than a republic, and that our inalienable Natural and Constitutional rights are being undermined, ignored and violated on a massive scale.

Not that i have any better alternative all the same.

I think a good start would be to return to the principles and organic law that built this great nation... and from there we can reform and improve in accordance with those principles in today's technology and reality. But people would have to actually understand and accept those principles and I'm not sure we are up for the challenge.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm Scottish mate, i quite admire Americas ability to take her freedom and even the spirit of your original constitution.

But the fact of the matter remains, you lot defeated a monarchy and a king, you did not beat the bankers, same crap slightly different wrapping paper.

I think a good start would be equality worldwide, don't see it happening anytime soon though.

Don't think anyone is up for that challenge, so your not alone in that department, and the truth is by design.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
Lol..

11 out of 195 countries on the planet.. Things getting funnier and funnier day by day.......

Good, you can do math. Now, do more.

Whittle it down from the 184. Eliminate the ones we already refuse to do business with. That'd be Cuba, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and North Korea. This is off the top of my head and I may have forgotten one country or another, too.

So now we're down to 176. Now figure out who we'd actually benefit from having as buyers. The ones that could actually afford to pay what we demand for goods. It's not many. A lot of that 176 is dirt poor or not interested in buying from us to begin with.

Trade is a delicate matter in which the buyer matters, and burning bridges is NOT a good idea.
edit on 12/29/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"That'd be Cuba, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and North Korea."

How many of those nations have a world bank or are in said institution?

Simply the next target really.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That means that Welch's grape juice, Tyson's pork and California almonds will remain subject to tariffs in Japan, for example, while competitors' products from countries participating in the new Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership will eventually be duty-free.
From the OP’s source:

Brutal, how is the US ever gonna survive without Tyson pork, some jelly and almonds?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Our country will survive this.

Some companies in the US might not.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Lol… you genius kidding me right..?

Tell the U.S government to remove their “forced and illegal” sanctions and embargo and we’ll see how many countries out there can actually afford to exist by their own.

Not long ago a direct order of $200 billion from the Iranian to Boeing and another €150 billion to Airbus was drowned by the stupid U.S sanctions… How many “jobs and possibilities for many years to come” been lost due to that one?

You do the Math....

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The USA is consumer driven & extremely materialistic. The USA is in control of the global economy because of this. Trump only put tariffs on goods in protest against countries who are against fair trade with us. If they agree to fair trade the tariffs will be eliminated. Canada and Mexico have already agreed to fair trade. So there are no tariffs on goods produced there. Now the rest of the world has to fall inline unles they want to be hurt economically. Tariffs temporarily cost us more in a few circumstances but we don't have to buy anything if we don't want to. Also, the companies which are losing business to tariffs will relocate to countries which have fair trade, which will make goods affordable again. For instance, if people stop buying underwear made in China because of cost, the companies may move production to a more affordable country or may even bring production back to America. I'm making more money now vs before Trump & gas is also cheaper, so the costs of tariffs are not relevant to me. The real question should be why is anyone still watching CNN?
edit on 29-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Lol..

Good, you can do math. Now, do more.

Whittle it down from the 184. Eliminate the ones we already refuse to do business with. That'd be Cuba, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and North Korea. This is off the top of my head and I may have forgotten one country or another, too.

So now we're down to 176. Now figure out who we'd actually benefit from having as buyers. The ones that could actually afford to pay what we demand for goods. It's not many. A lot of that 176 is dirt poor or not interested in buying from us to begin with.

Trade is a delicate matter in which the buyer matters, and burning bridges is NOT a good idea.

We will still have trade deals with these countries, we just won't be part of their collective deal that was written for and by giant international corporations.

And they still need us to buy their crap more than we need them.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Funny how China isn't part of one of those crippling trade alliances but can trade just fine with everyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
And they still need us to buy their crap more than we need them.

Maybe that is not so true anymore.

A global tipping point: Half the world is now middle class or wealthier

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Looks like the orange magat screwed us once again. Of course we have to accept that the average tRump sycophant will see higher tariffs and less trade as a good thing, the rest of us will pay more. All of those tariff free markets that could have been opened up for our goods are now essentially closed. I have to ask, are you tired of winning yet America?

www.cnn.com...

Got to love the story...

economic powerhouses

And here they are ladies and gents!

Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Vietnam

Our competitors in Australia and Canada will now benefit from those provisions, as US farmers watch helplessly

Are we not signing a first ever rice deal with China, and China eats like 50X more than the whole world combine in soy beans...lol I'm sure our farmers are devastated by these economic powerhouses...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Lol… you genius kidding me right..?

Not long ago a direct order of $200 billion from the Iranian to Boeing and another €150 billion to Airbus was drowned by the stupid U.S sanctions… How many “jobs and possibilities for many years to come” been lost due to that one?

You do the Math....

Ok I will...

2014 Boeing stock $125.00 today $320.00
Employees 2017 140,800 today 141,300

Now for Airbus....who gives a sh@t they are French...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Best thing our country could do is learn to be self sufficient. Once you do that, trade becomes a luxury rather than a need. The best way to be in bondage to other countries is to rely on them for your countries needs. Become self sufficient and never need accept bad trade deals again.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OP....So what? same day different complaint.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join