It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Jones is the 'GOAT' because he's a CHEATER

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Schaub breaks down the BS going on in the UFC.

Seems D.C. gave up its light heavy weight title too.

Here is hoping he loses later tonight.

Good luck Alex against the GOAT who failed his last drug test....

edit on 29-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He's not the goat because he is a cheater. The only one in the discussion who never failed, did random testing before it was mandatory, and pushed the UFC to do stricter testing is GSP.

It's disgusting how corrupt the USADA is and how they let Jones off the hook.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
good move by DC

of course i think jon roided up but after listening to the golden snitch on rogan this recent tests kind of makes sense.

# is complicated though

the presser where jon kept talking about picograms was awesome

i want gus to win but jon is one of those dudes its best not to bet against.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Rogan just had Nevitsky on his show talking about JB's recent 'picogram' issue. I was bang against the dude fighting and have changed my mind after the show. To be fair, I'd changed it after a Bisping show before Xmas, but Rogan's really nailed it. The Nevitsky guy lays it out in a way that morons like me can understand the finer details of testing.

Schaub makes a bunch of good points that don't all relate to JB's current fight against Gus. Moving the fight is a fair criticism.

Hoping Gus #s him up and post-fight testing is hardcore. JB could test red hot again and have another title fight early 2020.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Rogan just had Nevitsky on his show talking about JB's recent 'picogram' issue. I was bang against the dude fighting and have changed my mind after the show. To be fair, I'd changed it after a Bisping show before Xmas, but Rogan's really nailed it. The Nevitsky guy lays it out in a way that morons like me can understand the finer details of testing.

it was a good poscast
most people out here inclding schuab talking about the results really have no idea how this # works.

the golden snitch put it in perspective.

not that i understand it now but i does make sense after hearing the podcast.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It was a quality interview. One thing though is Nevitsky made it sound like testing is so sophisticated nobody can beat it.

Microdosing, blood transfusions and god knows what else plays leapfrog with the testers.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It was a quality interview. One thing though is Nevitsky made it sound like testing is so sophisticated nobody can beat it.

Microdosing, blood transfusions and god knows what else plays leapfrog with the testers.

he also talked about the microdosing.

people microdose # that is naturally found in the human body. thats part of the point.

you body does not produce oralturanibol.

what he was talking about with the metoblites showing up and then not showing up like in that pulsating effect made sense. especially when they start cutting weight.

it all makes sense but i dont know # about it so of course it makes sense.

i still think they should just stop testing. it is what it is

its a bummer cause this whole fiasco is overshadowing the nunes vs cybord fight. too bad cause that is going to be an amazing fight.

i wan gus to win but i suspect it will go much like their first fight.
i think jon finishes him this time.

i hope not but i think so

jon is #ing good man.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

He was talking about isolating picograms 'give or take 20 0r 40' which made it sound like they've got it all stitched up. The dragnet is too fine for anything to get through etc.

My point was there are always ways to stay ahead. It's an arms race because it always has been.

It was still very interesting and especially the part about the guy who dosed himself to search for metabolites. Genius! They mentioned how nobody can replicate the research because the stuff is banned. It was an education for me.

I honestly don't know who's likely to win. Has JB been totally clean? If clean, is it his first time training without PEDs? Factors.

ETA -

jon is #ing good man.

He's special as F.

edit on 12.29.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

My point was there are always ways to stay ahead. It's an arms race because it always has been.

and it will always be a race

they should just stop testing.
it is just going to be problem after problem

what struck me most about the podcast was when they started talking about how jon likes/liked to do coke.

coke gets cut with creatine. creatine is often tainted so jon railing some blow could have introduced it into his system.
it is a possibility.

they way they were talking about it sounded to me like the snitch and rogan were both kind of like

"well jon does like to do coke. so meh"

like give him a pass on an illegal substance being in his body cause it is well known he likes to put illegal substances in his body.

hahahahahahahahah

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah that gets me. A LOT of fighters and athletes in general will be doing plenty of coke. It's standard. Funny how those who get caught with steroids are the only ones claiming 'tainted' other stuff.

they should just stop testing. it is just going to be problem after problem

It'd be unfair on any athlete who wants to compete clean and I think most of them want to be clean. Why lower the bar to accommodate the people who only want an unfair advantage? Let's face it, they'd always be chasing the latest cheat or hack and then take credit for their own greatness. Hypocrite bastards lol

I wouldn't be against somewhere like Panama hosting anything goes, juiced up roid fests for those who can't really compete clean. 'The Juice Olympics!'

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

cause i think more people are on gear than we think

there are levels to it

full blast like ubereem and vitor getting all jacked and #

or just a little taste to help with recovery...

i just think it would function better. like the Pride days

as it is they keep samples for 5 years so when testing gets better they can go back and test previous samples.

so person A beats person B and 5 years later when testing gets better they test Person A sample again and he fails so his win is overturned and blah blah

venues getting moved.

i just think it would be much better if all the fighters went into the fight knowing it is a possibility.

why do they draw the line where they do?

i mean look at the piles of supplements they take.
pills and powders.
a little cryo therapy
injections into the joints
marijuana/cbd
engineered nutrition and protein
the super unhealthy weight cuts they go through

they do all that to get an edge

whats a little bump of gear?

i mean when you really think about it

plus now when a fighter loses a nice out is to accuse the winner of being on gear

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ha. I cringe hearing Schaub so I’ll assume he said something that was likely intelligent but wholly contradictory a few seconds later...

Moving a long, Novitsky was probably idyllic and looking to shake things up at first, but he’s a complete UFC shill at this point, please don’t believe Novitsky’s tripe about the testing.

The saving grace for Jon Jones is two-fold: 1) the marginal revenue product of labor he generates is enough to have the current champion ‘give up’ the title on his own volition and have the entire card move; 2) the arbitration (where he became a ‘snitch’ [zero evidence Jon has rolled on anyone] and was reduced from 48 months to 18 and down to 15 month suspension) was carried out by Richard McLaren.

Anyone interested in doping, check out Icarus on Netflix. After watching that and knowing McLaren and WADA and how easy it is to cheat, it’s all smoke and mirrors and only the sloppiest get popped. Jones is sloppy. Like self-destructive sloppy and Brendan Schaub could put that together.

Be nice to see Gus land that short, piston of an uppercut coming in — nighty-night, don’t forget to hold your bunghole tight, Jon

Cyborg gonna run into a right hand she’s never felt before. Mark it. But I can’t see Cyborg feeling that right in her mouth piece like Nunes is gonna feel it...Cyborg in a close UD.

Is BJ Penn really on this card?! Gotta love streaming the SD version of BT Sports — this card needs to do embarrassingly bad numbers and if catch it, it’ll be free of charge.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yeah I get the argument and see the sense in much of it. I disagree though for reasons mentioned and don't want athletics (or MMA) changing its ways to please people who've disrespected the rules and cheated clean competitors. They're actually cheats by nature and would soon be looking for other ways to f over their rivals.

It'd be like giving Dick Dastardly a favour and expecting him to be fair lol.

Supplements are legit and listed in various organisations websites. Some of the tech on offer blurs the idea of a level playing field so I'm with you on that point.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
WADA and how easy it is to cheat, it’s all smoke and mirrors and only the sloppiest get popped. Jones is sloppy. Like self-destructive sloppy

Is BJ Penn really on this card?! Gotta love streaming the SD version of BT Sports — this card needs to do embarrassingly bad numbers and if catch it, it’ll be free of charge.

like nate said
everyone is on steroids

of course not literally everyone but it is a joke at this point.

"we do not test for steroids" is the way to go.

Ryan Hall vs BJ is on the FS1 prelims that start at 8

looking forward to Hall vs BJ but that would have been a nice fight about 7 years ago.

im pulling for Nunes in this one

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yeah I get the argument and see the sense in much of it. I disagree though for reasons mentioned and don't want athletics (or MMA) changing its ways to please people who've disrespected the rules and cheated clean competitors.

you mean exactly like they are doing with jon right now?

its already happening

i just want to see good fights man
the waters get too muddy with the testing how it is

the rules seem to change and the consequences seem to be different depending on your status in the rankings or drawing power.

let the fighters fight

or keep doing the testing and if fighter A fails give fighter B the option to not fight or get some of fighter A purse money or start a point ahead or something.

i dont have it exactly worked out but the system now is a joke

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

There should be strict standards or none at all.

It's not a nostalgic view of a "warriors honor" or a code of conduct we expect prize fighters to follow out of tradition.

These people injure and change the bodies of their opponents. Their health and means of income changes after each fight.

If we give preference to some and allow cheating, then there is no point to the "competition".

Why not give one guy a bat and see what happens? Or just shut off the lights and watch them in night vision as they slowly strangle each other in the darkness?

That would also be interesting

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yessir. Nate Diaz may not be articulate but damn if he isn’t wise.

I wouldn’t be surprised if lurking somewhere in the shadows of all this isn’t Victor Conte...

I got over PEDs and ‘cheats’ when I understood the hypocrisy of ‘player safety’ and the NFL. And Barry Bonds.

Oh, and the NSAC has Khabib over a barrel...Dana and Co. cut off their nose...burnt a bridge...pick your idiom — lets hope it does embarrassingly bad numbers to add insult. Bigly, bad move by UFC.

My man, Max Holloway, is just getting started...let’s hope the NSAC allows ‘the Eagle’ to get ‘blessed’ soon.

#TheEagleGetsBlessed2019

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

the only reason i dont wish low numbers is i assume gus being part of the main event and amanda being part of the co main probably get a piece of the ppv buys.

they deserve to be paid well.

but i cant blame people for not buying either

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Joe Rogan was absolutely blown away when he figured out peanuts infact grow in the ground live on his show. Just remember that when he tries to impart wisdom on anything.

a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
we all do need to be honest and admit we dont actually know # about this.

the testing i mean

we know dick about the equipment or methodology or picograms and metabolites.

and like the snitch said there is only 1 study in the world on oralturanibol.

so to a big idiot like me the picograms showing as a pulse effect due to aggressive weight cutting makes sense given everything else he said and given i know # about the science of it.

none of us do

having said that it also makes total sense that he juices.

even if people lay off their gear in the right amount of time to clear for the fight does not mean they were not juicing the past year. hitting the training hard. fast recovery times.
getting an edge that way

these fighters are taking too much # to keep it on lock.
some like ben askren go all natural. not even supplements.

then you got dudes that take all the #ing supplements.

those could be tainted
even if someone is actually cheating the go to thing is going to be i got tainted # or i took a dick pill and we are never really going to know anyway.

everyone is on steroids. just like Nate said

i know not literally everyone but i bet more are than are not
just a hunch

this is high level hit man. not everyone needs to be juiced to the tits and look like a freak.

like i said.

mid 30's
lot of fights
lot of injuries
losing a step

big fight coming up

just a little taste. a little recovery boost. just this once

you know

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join