It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb kills three Vietnamese tourists, Egyptian guide near pyramids 10 others injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I really do hate to hear this has happened. Two years ago if you wanted to go see the Pyramids you could end up with yourself and the tour guide as everyone was trying to stay away from possible problems. Well it has been semi quite and the tourist trade was just starting to pick back up and then this happens.... Not good..

CAIRO (Reuters) - Three Vietnamese tourists and an Egyptian guide were killed and at least 10 others injured when a bomb blast hit their bus on Friday less than four km (2.5 miles) from Egypt's world famous Giza pyramids, authorities said.

The blast is the first deadly attack against foreign tourists in Egypt for more than a year and comes as the tourism sector, a vital source of foreign currency revenue, recovers from a sharp drop in visitor numbers since the country's 2011 uprising.

The article is claiming the explosive device was hidden in a wall next to the narrow road the tour bus was on. Thus IMO the blast was directed towards the side of the bus.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Egypt could use some tourism?

Too bad punks!

CIA wanted terrorism so cooked up the Arab Spring PSYOP, and Obama & Hillary pulled the trigger.
edit on 28-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What relevance is it that it was directed at the side of the bus, as you say?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I recommend readers do not forget this and note how basic and short the coverage is and then compare that with the coverage next time some supposed lone wolf gunman supposedly murders a similar number of people.

When this happens ask yourself why is there so little coverage of this and other similar events compared to the coverage of a crazy shooter on the loose shooting the same number of people.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

If the bus is full you have a greater possibility of injuring more people as the sides of the tour bus are glass and thin sheet metal. I assume the road was paved so to place the IUD in the middle of the road would have exposed those who were doing the deed to enhanced possible detection.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Using a thick stone wall as a base for the explosive charge, the charge was directed towards the bus not losing much energy. Very little explosive had to be used and the narrow alley way amplified the destruction. The soft target, thin steel and glass did the most damage.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Egyptian police have responded to the bombing by killing "40 terrorists" in raids around Giza and North Sinai this morning.

Police killed 30 militants during two early morning raids in Giza, while the remaining 10 were killed in El-Arish, the capital of North Sinai province, the interior ministry said.

"A group of terrorists were planning to carry out a series of aggressive attacks targeting state institutions, particularly economic ones, as well as tourism... and Christian places of worship," the ministry statement said.

It added that police had seized bomb-making materials, ammunition and a large number of weapons during the raids.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

and to add to that - placing the bomb in or against the wall = far easier than burying it in the roadway

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It is a shame they didn't do the raid earlier, but it is what it is... Thank you for posting the link and article.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: NightFlight

and to add to that - placing the bomb in or against the wall = far easier than burying it in the roadway

That's why I asked the question I did. Seems like placing the bomb in the wall is just logically easier, and that's why I didn't understand why OP said "I believe the bomb was aimed at the side of the bus." 😳

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
That is sad.

top topics

join