It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Crazy REEEE Incident by a Lefty: This Time in a Vape Store.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
This might be my favorite though. I'm crying I laughed so hard.

Your posts are like a fart in a space suit!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
He'll be in a college town clock tower with a sniper rifle within a year.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

I get what you're saying now but not sure that equates to "staged" though...

When you said "staged" - to me that implies both parties being in on a hoax of sorts. I don't believe it was THAT at all from what I'm hearing. I don't think the guy taping went in there "with a plan" and only started taping when the guy behind the counter started losing it.

Also - He DID leave and go to another store but this is where he normally shops and should not have been "forced" to leave by an employee. Ferguson (customer) also DID ask for the manager's business card before he started filming.

Here's the local report of the story: Channel 11 Vape Store Story

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Like I said he could have left as soon as the meltdown started, instead he chose to do what he did.

And so to be clear about my choice of words.

stage verb
staged; staging

Definition of stage (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb

1 : to produce (something, such as a play) on a stage

2 : to produce or cause to happen for public view or public effect

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum

He obviously saw the guy was unstable yet pulled out the phone to record himself pushing the incident even further, any other person would have just walked out the door.

He saw an opportunity to go viral and get his 5 minutes of fame.

I respectfully disagree. The employee was trying to be a bully. By refusing service to a customer just because he is wearing a shirt and hat that supports his president, the employee was attempting to be a Big Bad Dumb@$$ Bully.

How do you handle bullies? You stand up to them, hold your ground with a measurement of calm, and don't cower..."hit" back...not literally in this case, but with information and facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm sorry but this is not a school yard but it is real life.

In real life you have to deal with situations like this almost daily and if that's too much for an adult to handle then stick to the playground.

It wasn't like his life was in danger, did he really need to stand his ground for some vap juice for his wife?

edit on 12-30-2018 by Vigilantastrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

In real life you stand up to bullies too... even when your life is not in danger. To do otherwise makes you an enabler to the bullying.
edit on 30-12-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

In real life you choose your battles carefully, this was a kid having a meltdown and for you to consider this bullying is pretty snowflakey of you.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum

It wasn't like his life was in danger, did he really need to stand his ground for some vap juice for his wife?

Happy wife happy life, and how do you know know his life wasn't in danger, she may have really badly wanted that vape.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes.

This employee is a snot-nosed freakoid that needed to be called out, imo. The man that called him out was pretty calm, rational, and firm.

It doesn't matter if it's on a school ground or not, there are times when somebody's hatefulness and stupidity need to be knocked down a few inches.

Is he going to treat the next guy wearing a MAGA hat like that, too? He's a nutjob with attitude.

He got fired. Maybe he learned a lesson about bullying....or attempting to bully someone because of a political affiliation.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Still stuck on being bullied I see, when you're tired of the playground there are more serious issues that need a firm standing point.

This is not one of them.

Turning a nonsensical personal dispute into something political is a fallacy.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If the word 'bully' makes you uncomfortable, you can replace it with something else. The idiot needed to be taught a valuable life lesson. Maybe he learned. Maybe he didn't. Maybe he can don a pussy hat and go rant and rave in some silly protest and get it out of his system.

edit on 30-12-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep
Been reading this thread but didn't watch the video until now, that was #ing hilarious!!!
I've never seen a man have a tantrum like a female child in my real life, that was funny as #, and all over politics.
PMSL!
Brilliant thread, I love some of the crazy stuff in US politics, #ing hilarious.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What lesson was he taught?

What sort of knowledge did the guy recording the incident impart?

All i heard was a bunch of nonsense from both those idiots.

Nothing more nothing less, and to try and make it out to be some kind of moment of honor makes no sense at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Who cares lol, the store worker was like a female child, funny as #.
I'd love to have a pint with the guy filming it, he totally took the piss out of the crazy store worker haha
...refusing to serve him over politics, hilarious, crazy cats in the world for sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You People are funny.

Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin. Places of “public accommodation” include hotels, restaurants, theaters, banks, health clubs and stores. Nonprofit organizations such as churches are generally exempt from the law.

So yes. Someone can refuse service to a customer on the basis of political affiliation.

People need to learn the law before saying a business cannot discriminate against political choice.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
You People are funny.

Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin. Places of “public accommodation” include hotels, restaurants, theaters, banks, health clubs and stores. Nonprofit organizations such as churches are generally exempt from the law.

So yes. Someone can refuse service to a customer on the basis of political affiliation.

People need to learn the law before saying a business cannot discriminate against political choice.

Political affiliation is not a protected class first of all. Secondly, he can do whatever the hell he damn well pleases, as long as he is aware that consequences follow. An employee signs over rights to the employer when it comes to how employees are expected to conduct business. He obviously didn’t and was fired for it. Open and # case.

Anyone who gets like that over a damn t shirt should be mentally evaluated and im not laying sarcasm here.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Thank you for the local update. I really hope the bad press doesn't do too much damage to the store.

Without divulging it here, are they giving the name of the clerk?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The store did the right thing. They fired the clerk and apologized to the customer. The only people boycotting this business will be loonies, whom think employees screeching over clothing is somehow 'justice'.

I think the business will do fine, because in the end they displayed class and claimed they don't refuse service based on any political affiliation of their customers.
edit on 31-12-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Yep. Except this company didn't refuse service based on political affiliation. You need to catch up. Read THE THREAD. I know you think you just presented something highly intellectual, while " us people" are so dumb! And you're super smart!

We get it! But your point has been discussed. Try reading more than the first page k?

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join