It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member cook-book - let's put one together!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There are MANY here who have their own unique recipes, many of which sound out of this world! I have some recipe books (made as fund raisers) for various groups and people donate their favorite recipes, cooking tips and other cooking related ideas (from food prep, cleanup, storage of puts/pans - like cast iron -anything to make things easier).

We can go back and scour through the old postings and see what is available and hopefully the people who posted them are still around to give permission for their recipe to be used.

You can also add family recipes, they don't need to be your own, but if it is a family favorite, then including it would be awesome.

This could be published as an Ebook but I'd prefer a hard copy complete with pics of the final dish.

Also, adding in pics of "tricky" steps (things not normally done) is helpful and even recording video can be useful as all the video can be hosted on a site where readers can watch these tips/tricky parts (or even full recipe).

I'd prefer the video's to not be open to public until sales goals are reached but then open it to the public to help gain sales of the printed book and the ebook.

As far as recipes, I have at least 15 of my own recipes I've come up with myself and another 20+ that are favorites to most everyone who tries them. Even if you only have one recipe that is fine b/c that one recipe could turn out to be one of the more popular ones in the book!

So what do you think about getting ATS members together and making a book of good eats - something NON POLITICAL - and something we can (should) all agree to keep anything political out of every aspect of the project. Maybe a little healing can begin!!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

A local delicacy, in these parts, is a good local pizza.

Best frozen pizza ever.

Step 1: unwrap pizza

Step 2: put in pizza oven

Step 3: set cook time to 20 minutes

Step 4: drink

Step 5: drink

Step 6: drink more

Step 7: remember pizza you cooked 45 minutes ago.

Step 8: eat burnt cold pizza

Lotza motza is a good one, or heggies.

Better than most pizza places around here.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

An insane off the cuff recipe
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The brisket thread

Reuben Lasagna Casserole

My three threads/recipes.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Cold burnt pizza is my specialty 😁.
Beer notwithstanding lol.

Here is my contribution:

Sun-Maid (or other) Cinnamon Raisin bread, toasted dark but not burnt.

Add JIF peanut butter (I have no substitute for those with nut allergies, sorry 😕)

Thinly sliced banana (about 1/2 a nanner usually)

Crisp, DRY, maple bacon (typically 3-4 strips

Slightest honey drizzle

Sandwich and slice corner to corner

Pair with Chocolate or regular milk

For those who havent vomited on their phone/tablet/keyboard yet, this is something I came up with as kid. It's an ad-lib of something my mother made me. She is a huge Elvis Presley fan.

Cool topic btw.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This could be interesting. Unfortunately, I am an old southern cook and not very adventurous these days unless you count my Insta Pot. I'll be following. Wish you would add that the recipes have to be bonafide. I have followed way too many sisters in law recipes where they leave an ingredient or step out just to make sure I can't replicate their special dishes. SMH

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed baked potatoes!

Hollow out the inside and stuff that bastard with sharp cheddar.
Make sure you have that bad boy poked all over!
Then take 3 pieces of nice thick bacon and wrap it up!
Make sure to use non colored tooth picks to strap them in!
Strategically place the picks to ensure that the potato stands up.

I put some hot sauce in before I put the cheese in and I only do about 10 min in the oven! No need to cook bacon anyways right!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What kind of recipes do you want? We make a lot of good homemade foods but it does take longer to make a good homemade food. Is thee going to be a divider in the book, like sweets, breads and pastas, meats, etc...

I can design a recipe to either boost mood or to boost intellect. I know a lot about properties of foods and often getting the taste people craves adjusts their behavior. Healthfood does not need to taste bad to be good for you.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
add cream cheese to alfrado sauce and you can reheat it switch parm for chedder to make mac and cheese

this also makes both alot less tempature sensitive so you always get a creamy sauce

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies. I worked in 6 restaurants before going into the steel business for monetary reasons.
I trained 1 on 1 with a German French chef/restaurant owner on Maui on 1977. I have well over 100 beautifully plated dishes of dozens of different cuisines available for your use. Just let me know.

PS I think this is a great idea

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Made tonight.... Key Lime pie

It's awesome and easy

1/2cp of Key lime juice
3 yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
9" grahm cracker shell
1 key lime
Coconut oil spray

Blend until smooth, spray shell with coconut oil, pour in filling and bake@350 for 15 min. Turm off oven and watch it until set. (3 more min or so).

Take out and let cool. Serve or refridgerate.
Whipped cream and lime zest after cooled.

Eat the whole thing.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
anarchist cookbook.. ?

Oh food... right right

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Made tonight.... Key Lime pie

It's awesome and easy

1/2cp of Key lime juice
3 yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
9" grahm cracker shell
1 key lime
Coconut oil spray

Blend until smooth, spray shell with coconut oil, pour in filling and bake@350 for 15 min. Turm off oven and watch it until set. (3 more min or so).

Take out and let cool. Serve or refridgerate.
Whipped cream and lime zest after cooled.

Eat the whole thing.

I can't let the wife see this, she will be going shopping tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Heck yeah, have her try it out, but warning, it will spoil any store bought ones.

Very refreshing.

I got that from an Australian yacht chef.

He also said never, ever boil lobster. Cut tail in half and add garlic butter, cook halves shell side down on the grill in the garlic butter sauce while they are still twitching.

Unbelievable flavor, and that was with spiny lobster from the bahamas.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Best recipe EVAR!!!

Spaghetti Pie

6 oz spaghetti broken in half
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (I add more)
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup sour cream
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
6 oz can of tomato paste
1 cup water
4 oz Mozzarella cheese (I had more)

Cook the spaghetti and drain. While still warm combine spaghetti with eggs and Parmesan. Pour into a well greased 10" pie plate. Shape the spaghetti evenly on the bottom and sides of the pie plate like a thick pie crust. Melt the butter and saute the onions in it until limp. Stir in the sour cream and spoon over your spaghetti pie crust. Cook the sausage in a pan until done. Stir the tomato paste and water into the cooked sausage. Simmer sausage mixture for 10 minutes. Spoon sausage mixture over the sour cream. (you should have something that looks like a pie). Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the pie and return to the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.

Slice like a pie and EAT!!!

I guarantee you...this will be the best dish you've ever eaten in your entire life!! You will explode before you get enough!!

Oh, and your socks will shoot right off your feet!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
An avowed potato fan (even with butter), but one of my favorites - Gauranga Potatoes.
www.food.krishna.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank you-thank you-thank you. The best sphaghetti ever! Made it tonight. Delicious.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I got some vegetarian Chow Mein.

Here's a recipe, but mainly just getting myself in the mood to chow down.

An ISKCON (Hare Krishna) recipe.

But part of me still thinks, if I could find a wife like that, I wouldn't have to do all this stuff.

edit on 28-4-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Huh. I guess this isn't a thread on cooking ATS members.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Does anyone recall The Twilight Zone episode where the aliens land and they have this huge book: "How to Serve Man"?

The political powers all think this is some humanitarian book, but it turns out at the end it's actually a book on how to cook humans.

Ooh - it's a cook book!

edit on 28-4-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Baddmoves Stuffed Mushrooms!

Here goes..

40 mushroom caps..no stems..

1 8 oz pack of cream cheese.

1 16 oz ball of skim mozzarella cheese.(shred it fine or just buy it shredded)

1 pound of bacon..I like bacon...Crispy..

any sweet onion you like best..

combine cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl at room temp..

throw in the bacon and onion.(.Crush the bacon into small pieces..)

Mix with hands..I always do..made with love my wife says..

after mixed..

put in fridge to chill for about half an hour..

put shroom caps on cookie sheet and spoon a big chunk of mixture into each cap..

set oven to 350*

place shrooms in oven for 15 mins or until lightly golden brown..

I make these a lot and can tell you that people will say ..

"I don't like mushrooms"

Heck, I've had to make those same people stop eating them so the rest of us could have some...

Any left over mix can be eaten on damn near anything..

I like mine on an English muffin..

WARNING!! very addicting....

<<   2 >>

join