It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese lead the way in LENR formally cold fusion research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's been 30 years since all the hullabaloo with cold fusion experiments. I've followed the field for a long time. A recent paper it describes how the Japanese are making great strides in positive COP (coefficient of performance - more energy out than in):

Scientists in the U.S. and Japan Get Serious About Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions

LENR type cold fusion is the perfect energy source. Ultra clean and renewable.

Here's a really good animation on how it works:

The world needs a new source of energy. The global warming caused by burning fossil fuels has too many hidden costs!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How do they measure "leading the way" in researching something that is likely not possible?

And who is doing the measuring?

I mean, it's cool and all. I'm glad you you shared this, but it just raises more questions.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Feel free to post a temperature chart that is a little longer than 150 years old so that the data actually means something...

After 2009 would be cool too... that way people won't think that someone just cherry-picked some numbers to make a point.

Since, as you probably know, the temperature hasn't risen since 2009 according to NASA...

As for over unity projects, we've had working models since the early '80's.

Odd that we don't as a country expand on that and use them.

Of course, if we did that then the Cult Of Gore couldn't make a whole lot of money taxing the bejesus out of us...

edit on 28-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

How can we get temps from over 150yo?
I am no expert and am asking as to gain some knowledge on how that works.

As far as the OP goes, thanks for a video to watch! Gotta love learning.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

How can we get temps from over 150yo?
I am no expert and am asking as to gain some knowledge on how that works.

As far as the OP goes, thanks for a video to watch! Gotta love learning.

From ice core samples from the poles so that you can measure ice melt over the years.

More melting polar ice, warmer temperature... less melting cooler temperatures.

For instance, if you took the graph wassisface is posting, it is averaged mean surface temperatures over the last 150 years as measured by humans.

So it indeed looks grim.

However, if you look at the core sample data over the course of many more years, it just becomes a sine wave of temperatures rising and lowering in a pattern.

Currently, we are on an upswing that seems to have stopped in 2009.. which is why most of the AGW cult stops their graphs there.

So if they wanted to get ahead of the trend and be alarmist, they need to change the name back to global cooling again, which is what is going to really happen.

Don't worry... it will happen over the course of thousands of years as it always has, so don't sell that beachfront property just yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The published papers have confirmed the physics. Try to keep up.

All these people are delusional according to you:

www.iccf21.com...

The 27th minute:

edit on 28-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

They're lots of threads talking about global warming. You can take your partisan shilling over there. I just wanted to point out there may be a solution on the horizon. I'm just sick of hearing bad news. I thought the article referenced in the OP was nice to hear people are beginning to take LENR serious.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Here's a link to a more recent graph of the same data. I just have that one in my image gallery.

www.roperld.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: watchitburn

The published papers have confirmed the physics. Try to keep up.

I'll just drop this here in this thread, since you seemed to have missed in in the last one...

That has been debunked so many times I am surprised that anyone still tries to quote it in a serious conversation.

The 97% "consensus" study, Cook et al. (2013) has been thoroughly refuted in scholarly peer-reviewed journals, by major news media, public policy organizations and think tanks, highly credentialed scientists and extensively in the climate blogosphere. The shoddy methodology of Cook's study has been shown to be so fatally flawed that well known climate scientists have publicly spoken out against it,

"The '97% consensus' article is poorly conceived, poorly designed and poorly executed. It obscures the complexities of the climate issue and it is a sign of the desperately poor level of public and policy debate in this country [UK] that the energy minister should cite it."

- Mike Hulme, Ph.D. Professor of Climate Change, University of East Anglia (UEA)

97 articles refuting the "97% Consensus"

The actual number from the Cook study is about 3% of the scientists polled believe in AGW.

I kept up... try to do the same.

edit on 28-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

They're lots of threads talking about global warming. You can take your partisan shilling over there. I just wanted to point out there may be a solution on the horizon. I'm just sick of hearing bad news. I thought the article referenced in the OP was nice to hear people are beginning to take LENR serious.

Actual science has nothing to do with partisanship.

Your OP has nothing to do with actual science... as does your belief in AGW.

So sorry buttercup... until we get better at harnessing solar, water (or tidal!!!) power, then we are stuck with powering the nation with oil and coal.

It's just math.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It may be just math but math you don't understand. Good luck with your computations.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. Though S. Korea is leading the way for nuclear fusion not Japan as someone who is interested in this subject would know. The article in the OP even states that its not cold fusion. Its still interesting though & could be another form of energy. Following quote is from OP article "That theory suggests that the heat in these experiments is not generated by hydrogen atoms fusing together, as cold fusion advocates believe, but instead by protons and electrons merging to create neutrons." I wonder how misguided the OP is regarding global warming. On a side note I'm all for the type of nuclear energy system France uses & is trying to eliminate, where all nuclear plants have uniform designs, unlike the U.S.A.'s. Imo, there should be a global uniform nuclear plant design, which uses breeder reactor technology so there's no harmful nuclear waste.

www.sciencealert.com...

www.argee.net...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I was never a big believer in the whole global warming thing. I always just assumed that it was a normal cycle based on the what species was more dominant at that time.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That has been debunked so many times I am surprised that anyone still tries to quote it in a serious conversation.

You simply have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, of course the science can always be better. People spend their whole life on how to measure the heat in versus the heat out which is very difficult to do.

SRI Report Independently Verifies Brillouin LENR Reactions

But you claim to be an expert with probably no experience. I'm not an expert. But the scientists at SRI have published a few papers and a few shreds of prestige. Probably a lot more than you have.

edit on 28-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

LENR is not fusion.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Not according to the article you posted. Its still very interesting & may be a new form of energy.
edit on 28-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'll answer in the other thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

positive COP (coefficient of performance - more energy out than in):

You did know that is impossible
So do the Japanese.
(bold by me to emphasis and to delineate)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yay! Buzz words!

It's climate change btw, but you already know that. Ice cores from the poles would say very little about drought in Kenya, there's not just 1 weather system for all the planet.

And honestly, who gives a damn about some wannabe US president? While you give your oh so familiar spiel about taxes and fake science people who actually don't have a clue are lapping it up.

Man made products have wrecked this planet, mans altering of the planet has destroyed ecosystems.

Seas gone, flood plains ran dry, forests petrified... But yeah. Taxes lol. Get over your politics man you're a broken record.

Op, cheers for posting. It's always good to hear about people at least trying ya know?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

positive COP (coefficient of performance - more energy out than in):

You did know that is impossible
So do the Japanese.
(bold by me to emphasis and to delineate)

Which part do you no understand: Test Results
edit on 29-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join