It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Announces Plans For A House Climate Crisis Committee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pelosi can't keep the sidewalks in her own district free of human waste, heroin needles, crack pipes.

But we're to believe that this elitist, narcissistic, crone can clean up the planet.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: xuenchen

Excellent. We need action on this, and I"m glad someone's paying attention to us scientists.

What kind of action do you suggest?

What ever the "actions" are, they will require that at least 3 billion people die.

😳

I would suspect that it would entail some type of tax on people for the privilege of polluting.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Pelosi can't keep the sidewalks in her own district free of human waste, heroin needles, crack pipes.

But we're to believe that this elitist, narcissistic, crone can clean up the planet.

Should start by first putting a tax on the toxic C02 the liberals in her district that keep electing her are breathing and increasing greenhouse gasses .........

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have yet been able to determine how paper currency can change the weather.

Maybe they seed the clouds with several tones of 20 dollar bills to stop the warming or cooling.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I have yet been able to determine how paper currency can change the weather.

Maybe they seed the clouds with several tones of 20 dollar bills to stop the warming or cooling.

It doesnt but it lets the gov and special interest groups get rich, all while those paying it get to "feel better" because they did something the gov says helps.....

And they bitch about Big oil being a corrupt racket...........they apparently are blind by the hacks pushing this agenda

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I want to visit the reality where gov't is the cause and solution to all our woes.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Is she Al Gore's bitch?

Al Gore is HER bitch!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

/
|
Spot on!

edit on 28/12/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I threw some nickels at a small flood once and it magically went away.

So maybe there is something to this.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I believe we should be taking better care of our ecosystem, but start first by banning jet flights .

Next, all the hot air coming out of the mouths of the climate change people is poluting our planet. Listen to the ones really interested in fixing our planet, the old environmentalists who wanted more than taxes. Now we have to deal with a group of people who want to line their pockets without actually fixing anything. If you want to stop the polution, then just increase regulations on the biggest offenders, the businesses that destroy the earth the most. The chemical companies that poison the earth so it cannot regenerate and reabsorb the carbon. Start with those making big bucks poisoning everything including humans. Then tighten regulations on businesses and tax products from other countries and here that have poor environmental standards. Tax the hell out of the ships that haul stuff across the ocean to buyers who jack the price just as high as we can make it for. Tax the cruise ships for all the wasted fuel. Leave the worker trying to make a living and stuck in traffic going to work alone. Tax the wants, not the needs.

I do not agree at all with the climate change agenda. It is corrupt and they just want to tax the working people.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I do not agree at all with the climate change agenda. It is corrupt and they just want to tax the working people.

I agree!
I would wager a lot agree with this.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If Nancy is to be speaker, the Dim’s could have done much better. I’m just saying. That’s short for, what are you thinking?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Safe and useless virtue signaling. Environmentalism edition. Cringe-fest.

edit on 12 28 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

They can make all the bills they want. If they don't pass the Senate or Trump veto's them it will not make any difference.

Committees don't have term limits. Eventually, they will have the votes they need to pass some kind of carbon tax. This just lays the framework to introduce the legislation when the time comes.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You support the elite class taxing you to death and regulating what you can buy so that they can be driven around, fly private and amass hundred million dollar fortunes while doing it? Bless your heart

And posts like that are why I am not interested in a debate on the subject.

So , a hit and run.
Figures
Although , this is most of the complaints that the French citizens have.
Looks like the Democratic Party is trying to bring that failed shiite here.

There is no "you cannot debate my post" rule here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Not a popular view on this part of the web but I believe manmade climate change is the biggest challenge facing our species so i have to say I support this.

Also no, am looking for a debate about climate change.

Might want to get better informed - might want to look up "gilets jaunes", before blindly supporting something you clearly do not understand

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
That has been debunked so many times I am surprised that anyone still tries to quote it in a serious conversation.

The number may be 95% instead of 97% but that doesn't mean there's no consensus.

There's nothing to debunk. We know carbon dioxide is a green house gas. The more in the atmosphere the more the Earth heats up. Is is a known fact carbon dioxide is release into the atmosphere when we burn fossil fuels — oil, coal, and natural gas — to generate electricity, power our vehicles, and heat our homes. The more we burn, the more the atmosphere gets loaded with carbon dioxide, more and more heat is trapped.

"Every one of the past 40 years has been warmer than the 20th century average. 2016 was the hottest year on record. The 12 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998. Over the past 130 years, the global average temperature has increased 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit, with more than half of that increase occurring over only the past 35 years. The data show that CO2 levels have steadily increased every year. In 2017, they were 28 percent higher than in 1959, the year CO2 measurements began at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. What's more, scientists have detailed records of past CO2 levels from ice core studies, which show that CO2 levels are higher today than at least any point in the last 800,000 years ago."

"Scientists can conclusively identify that human activity is responsible for the observed increase in CO2. How? The carbon dioxide emitted by burning coal, natural gas, and oil has a unique chemical “fingerprint" — and the additional CO2 in the atmosphere bears that signature."

It doesn't take a brain surgeon traveling on route 95 during rush hour to understand how much pollution we are creating. When I go fishing off Sandy Hook New Jersey there's a giant plume of pollution you can see all the way down the Parkway.

What difference does it make to scientists anyway. Smart people can always find jobs whether they study climate science or something else. Big Oil on the other stands to lose tons of money if people pass some public policy or if people start conserving more. I would tend to think public relations firms hired by Big Oil are making sure all the information is in their favor. That's what Edward Bernays showed them how to do!

edit on 28-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Could you tell me what the weather was like 200 years ago? 500? 1000?

If you could get those figured, that would be great. Then we could have a control to gauge the past 100 or so years.

Science!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Were there fish swimming across roads

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Were there fish swimming across roads

Fish sticks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join