It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have Introduced a Bill to make Mexico Pay for The Wall !!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

It yet to be shown what the money situation will be. It more along the lines of better business opportunity for the US.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just a simple question. How many times during his campaign, insist no American would have to pay for it?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I'm not xeunchen, but I'd be interested in the answer as well. I never heard him say that.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't think he ever did. Even going back to '15 he was talking about Mexico paying for it, though the manner in which he's suggested they would pay for it has evolved/shifted/whatever over time.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

ok
i guess this is where we stop talking

Lol.

Bro gets taken to school and what do you do, runs away.
😂

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know he has said many many times that "Mexico will pay for the wall," but I never thought it was in reference to the Mexican government writing a check. The very first time I heard him say that, I immediately thought "Yeah, they will, in lost income from the border crossings!" Maybe I'm just weird, but I never thought for a moment anyone would take it to mean the Mexican government would cut a check. That's just... insane? Naive? Foolish? Demented?

Never have I heard Trump say that Americans will not pay for the wall, though. I can only assume, since no proof has been offered, that is just their misinterpretation of what he was trying to convey. He even shifted his statement over time toward what I originally thought he meant, as you say.

I have never in my life even considered the possibility that someone could be so easily and completely misunderstood this many times. I mean, really... how is "[Mexico is] not sending us their best; they're sending murderers and rapists, and, I assume, some are good people" anything other than a true statement of fact? But it took little more than a few hours for it to be turned into "All Mexicans are rapists and murderers!" How does that work?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Part of the confusion is that when Trump said Mexico will pay, that does imply that US funds won't be used. But Trump says wish list stuff.

IF I am paying that implies you are not.

But most people knew it is just his talk and it would be most likely a mix, recovered revenue from Mexico and tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'm not xeunchen, but I'd be interested in the answer as well. I never heard him say that.

TheRedneck

You never heard trump say, "Mexico will pay for it, not us"

At his rallies he would shout "we're going to build a wall, who's going to pay for it?" The crowd would shout "Mexico", to me that means We Americans are not paying for it. I guess my logic, based on what trump said, was wrong.

What trump meant was Mexico isn't giving us a dime for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm baffled as to why so many people (especially on this board) can't comprehend the fact that Mexico would not only pay for the wall, but many times over, in many different ways and fairly quickly. It's been explained on this board ad nauseam. The only people not getting it by now, don't want to get it.

Trump has even explained the logistics of Mexico paying for the wall, but some of you can't shed your ignorance long enough to comprehend what he's saying. Don't get stuck on some rally chant where some are taking every word he says literally, figuratively speaking of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You never heard trump say, "Mexico will pay for it, not us"

Nope. I heard him say "Mexico will pay for the wall"... never heard the "not us" part. I think maybe you just added that in.

At his rallies he would shout "we're going to build a wall, who's going to pay for it?" The crowd would shout "Mexico", to me that means We Americans are not paying for it. I guess my logic, based on what trump said, was wrong.

Yes, it was.

What trump meant was Mexico isn't giving us a dime for it.

And your logic is still off.

If I buy a rental house, and the rental income exceeds the mortgage, taxes, and insurance, the rental house "pays for itself." I still have to front the money through a mortgage though. The point is that, even though I may be spending more to have the rental house, my income went up more and thus I have more money by buying it. Same thing with the wall. If we spend $5 billion a year on the wall, and in the process save $10 billion a year (extremely conservative estimate), the wall costs us nothing... it actually makes money. If that saved $10 billion comes from monies that used to go to Mexico, Mexico is effectively paying for the wall.

Someone earlier posted that Trump's biggest mistake was assuming people had any financial sense. I think they were correct. What seemed so simple for me, what apparently seemed so simple to Trump, seems completely out of reach for so many others... I am amazed some people on here are not homeless and living under a bridge given their lack of financial cognizance.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Just a simple question. How many times during his campaign, insist no American would have to pay for it?

If you have to ask, the answer is too complex isn't it.

roflol 💁

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

ok
i guess this is where we stop talking

Wow, surrender without a reason for doing it other than 'wall bad' 'orange man bad' syndrome.

Can I have my basketball back. Oh wait! That WAS yours, my bad.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

im just not going to say the same thing over and over again

people dont get my point
fine

its cool

really does not matter

no point in going back and forth

keep circle jerking people

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

people dont get my point
fine

its cool

really does not matter

no point in going back and forth

keep circle jerking people

I am not wanting to put words in your mouth. I do agree there are ways to do the border that don't include the wall but I don't like them.

I will help you out here.

Having vigilante border agents is one we can all agree sounds bad.

Having the Army locked and loaded like in China, N. Korea or a Drug Lord's hideout sounds bad too.
ETA (well, maybe not for those seeking to protect what they have from invaders)

OK, your turn for an idea good or bad that is NOT the wall.

We are asking for some ideas.

edit on 30-12-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It seems there is confusion of what the issue is, and that's used as an alternate reason to support or reject this wall.

Another thread on this makes the assertaition that the total cost of the wall is equivilant to a family making 40k a year spending 50$. Quickly the counter points made are "it was never about the cost"

So it's "not about the cost" but who's paying for it? Your understanding was trumps making Mexico pay for it. So, follow me on this. Instead of giving mexico 64 billion in aid, we will keep that, and use 5 billion from it to pay for the wall. We are up 59 billion, Mexico didn't get 64 billion in aid, and the wall is built.

While trying to stick to some specific interpretation of how the wall is paid for and by whom, you remain unmovable on the issue because you can't understand that this is and was trumps "intent"

Now why does that word keep having so much importance today "intent"....

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: PurpleFox

No....
That would mean indirectly Canada is also paying for the wall since both countries are under the same trade agreement.
trump sold you a bill of goods and you just bought right into it.
Mexico paying for the wall would be mexico stroking a check and saying here build a wall or just building one themselves that they control not the US.

You guys are willing to believe straw is gold to stand behind this liar.

If Canada has to pay for part of Mexico’s wall, where’s our wall. Do we at least get a privacy hedge?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A part of Trump's plan was to have Mexico pay for the wall, so he knew funding was going to be an issue from the outset.

It seems he was right. He has failed, and it's time to focus on what our country CAN do, which is plenty.
Time to move on.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I agree with the "Mexicans are rapists and murderers", being taken out of context.

Yet, I do think your being naive about Trump not saying Mexico will pay for the wall. Trump never once said, "let me clarify, Mexico will be paying for the wall with lost income". Trump was pretty damn clear to me.

Trump made a mistake by assuming he could just make Mexico pay for it. Or is it impossible for lord trump to be wrong?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

people dont get my point

That's because you never clearly specify what you're talking about. You just throw out some talking points and then complain that no one else understands that which is never specified.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Right. You expose which leaders are against the well-being of American citizens, and then you move on to doing what is necessary to protect us.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join