It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have Introduced a Bill to make Mexico Pay for The Wall !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
The Dems are just drafting the Bill the way the Donald sold it to his supporters, why should anyone be upset about it?

I don't think people are upset with the decision, more upset that Trump didn't keep his word.

'I will build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it' Nearly three years later government shutdown because Americans have to pay for it, but for nearly a million Americans they can't pay for it because they haven't got a paycheck!

The so called 'libtards' just gave a big middle finger salute to Trump, they are trying to do what Trump couldn't do.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The so called 'libtards' just gave a big middle finger salute to Trump, they are trying to do what Trump couldn't do.

That middle finger was extended to the American people, not Donald Trump.

This is about Democrats and their open borders policy that the majority of Americans don't want.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well perhaps they're just playing down to their level of competition

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Nobody thought Mexico would write out a check to pay for The Wall. Even during the campaign, I think most common sense people knew he meant "one way or the other".

As he tweeted,

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!
4:38 AM - 13 Dec 2018
twitter.com...

This bill is stupid....but what do you expect from Demwits like Sheila Jackson Lee.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Quick look out the window-there's a Mexican on your lawn!

Do you have selective memory? Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, now YOU are, the dems are trying to rectify that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We should get Mexico to pay for it by allowing them to own infrastructure on their side that we help build.

I would make long-term work available at the border by making a network of ports and transfer stations connected by a fast rail system.

Both countries can administer it and generate revenue there after. Give them a good portion of it by making them take on a high burden of the initial invesent.

We could build the high speed rail right on the wall and use it to transport containers from boats on the Pacific side across the US /Mexico border into the Gulf or freight transfer ports along the way.

Panama Canal without the digging here we come! Give Mexico it's money's worth.

Mexican high tech, high speed rail system /Panama Canal. Assembly not required. Who wouldn't want one! Oh and consequently there is a wall under it. See what I did there?

edit on 12 28 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Quick look out the window-there's a Mexican on your lawn!

What possible excuse do you have for a comment like this?

Do you have selective memory? Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, now YOU are, the dems are trying to rectify that.

I don't mind paying for it.

I find it hilarious that this president is held to a standard no one else has ever been held to. Dems are trying to destroy border security.

I don't play obtuse bull# games. Play them with someone else if that's your shtick.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Making it more than a wall with transportation components might get some business leaders behind it.
edit on 12/28/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, it will. ...and it probably will get, at the least, majority Democratic support. Why? Because it would effectively kill the wall, which is the entirety of the bill's purpose.

The name of the sponsor should be all the explanation needed.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yeah, they're forbidding Trump using this wall as a political stunt which is affecting sooo many Americans going without paychecks because he demands tax dollars pay for a wall he campaigned HE would make MEXICO pay.

So House Dem's are just trying to make Trump fulfill his own campaign promise.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No they're not.

The bills chief sponsor knows damned well that the Mexican govt. is not going to pay for it. She may be many things, but stupid isn't one of them...this bill, should it pass would effectively kill the wall. Which was the purpose from moment one.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The bill prohibits taxpayers from ever funding a wall.

Basically it is a proposal for open borders.

Typical anti-American, authoritarian bullcrap.

Not surprised. Haven't read the thread but I imagine the typical anti-Americans are for it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, they're forbidding Trump using this wall as a political stunt which is affecting sooo many Americans going without paychecks because he demands tax dollars pay for a wall he campaigned HE would make MEXICO pay.

So House Dem's are just trying to make Trump fulfill his own campaign promise.

They wrote this Bill before the shutdown.

😎

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
The Dems are just drafting the Bill the way the Donald sold it to his supporters, why should anyone be upset about it?

Candidate Trump said in 2015 that (if he won) he would use confiscated Drug-related funds to pay for the wall. Senator Ted Cruz said last week that $8 billion is available from the Mexican drug lord EL CHAPO seizure.

Am I the only one who finds this notion amusing... considering El Chapo is famous for his tunnels?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Even if the US has to pay for it, it's a no brainer that the wall would pay for itself in no time. The math isn't that difficult.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Smart way to call out trump and ensure the wall never gets built.

1. Call out trumps bluff about getting mexico to pay for it.

2. Ensure a wall is never founded by American tax payers.

3. Due to number 2 the wall will never be built as no foreign country will pay for it, even though we just gave like 12B to latin America.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: roadgravel
You mean the bill to kill the wall. I don't trust Lee to be acting to help in the effort.

edit:

(a) In General.—No taxpayer funds may be obligated or expended to build a wall or barrier intended to impede travel between Mexico and the United States.

(b) Foreign Payment Required.—Any wall or barrier described in subsection (a) that is proposed to be built shall be paid for using funds provided by the Government of Mexico.

Might this mean any future additions to the current wall are subject to Mexico funds, not US. Maybe maintaining the border also.

the man said mexico would pay for it

it was one of his biggest campaign issue

why should taxes go for it?

are you for open borders?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

are you for open borders?

nope

also not for the wall

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

nope

also not for the wall

That confuses me. How exactly do you think we should secure the border? Duct tape?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TinySickTears

nope

also not for the wall

That confuses me. How exactly do you think we should secure the border? Duct tape?

TheRedneck

moats and gunz and aligators and #

it is not one or the other

if you do not support the wall it does not mean you support open borders.

you know this

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join