It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have Introduced a Bill to make Mexico Pay for The Wall !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Politicians lie all the time. Not saying its right. But by your logic whatever they say they should do. Basically, when they say free healthcare they shouldn't get the money from the taxpayer, the same goes for free college. How many politicians have run on the everything is free train and got elected?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
These morons are arguing about a relative pittance in funding for a wall that would protect our borders if not physically then at least symbolically. They need to just build the damn thing and stop acting like it is going to break the bank. Democrats are all about wasting money on BS so this shouldn't even register to them it it weren't for the potential to give Trump a 'win' which would make the petulant children through a temper tantrum.

Throw them all out and start over. These clowns in Congress are useless.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Indirectly, they will.

So who's gonna pay for it directly, then?

El Chapo's seized drug money. It'd be poetic.

Now that's an idea I could solidly get behind.

Cruz introduced (or tried to) legislation to make it happen.

Had to go look that up. Shame it seems to have just died in committee. I'm genuinely a bit perplexed as to why that didn't generate more support and interest.

You know why. Dems & RINOs, CIA, or both.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good this should give us the wall then. Just tax every Mexican coming into the US and tax all money sent from the US by Mexicans to Mexico and we can have a big and nice wall with doors and Mexico will be paying for it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
The Dems are just drafting the Bill the way the Donald sold it to his supporters, why should anyone be upset about it?

Candidate Trump said in 2015 that (if he won) he would use confiscated Drug-related funds to pay for the wall. Senator Ted Cruz said last week that $8 billion is available from the Mexican drug lord EL CHAPO seizure.

President Trump recently said that he'd use a few billion from the $816 billion military fund, and have the military build it.

He must be keeping those options on the back burner, while attempting to show America how heartless Democrat leaders are. It's working too!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Orange Man Bad should be a recognized medical condition. It's the cry of the Beta male.

I think I figured it out.

The reason President Trump is meeting such fierce opposition on this is because if he succeeds, which he will in my opinion.

It spells the end for all Beta males. No more chicks thinking soft is sexy. No more pajama boys.

Real men (by proxy) will have been re established as the top of the food chain.

That leaves the anti Trump Beta male crying into his mom's apron, while she makes his Kraft macaroni and cheese.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Indirectly, they will.

So who's gonna pay for it directly, then?

El Chapo's seized drug money. It'd be poetic.

Now that's an idea I could solidly get behind.

Cruz introduced (or tried to) legislation to make it happen.

Had to go look that up. Shame it seems to have just died in committee. I'm genuinely a bit perplexed as to why that didn't generate more support and interest.

Maybe we should start a whitehouse.gov petition asking that it be done--using the El Chapo money, that is. Have any of the bazillion petitions that have been made actually yielded any results so far? (Serious comment and question.) Surely people who are against the wall for any reason other than purely being pro open borders could get behind such an idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Candidate Trump said in 2015 that (if he won) he would use confiscated Drug-related funds to pay for the wall. Senator Ted Cruz said last week that $8 billion is available from the Mexican drug lord EL CHAPO seizure.

President Trump recently said that he'd use a few billion from the $816 billion military fund, and have the military build it.

He must be keeping those options on the back burner, while attempting to show America how heartless Democrat leaders are. It's working too!

The opposition like to toss the campaigning point that Trump said he'd get Mexico to pay for the wall. What they never bring up—and I would guess don't even know about—is what Trump said he'd do if Mexico didn't pay for the wall. It was stated clearly in his campaign.
edit on 28-12-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Heartless? I think you have it the other way around, which party shot down healthcare and pooh poohed on the idea of money for college loans? Kick out every illegal and build the wall and then when the countries economy tanks from lack of willing employees who are you gonna blame?

People need a scapegoat to prove why their lives are so sad, how about you get up off your butts and go out and make a life for yourselves instead of complaining about illegals for 12 hours a day online. Get a life

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

People need a scapegoat to prove why their lives are so sad,

Irony at its finest as you complain about Orange Man all day every day

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
mexico wont be paying for it well unless we kick them out of nafta tell they do than i bet it would be built real quick

this idea dose not seem like a good one no mater what side of the argument your on

there citys that span across the boarder it would be a hellish nightmare without a way to stop people from freely passing

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

My life is great, I have a full time career, a home, two kids, a wife, two cars etc etc and I work my ass off for it somehow I still have all these things despite all the illegals.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

So did officer Singh

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Because you make mexico pay for it in other ways. So simple a dem could overlook it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, there's another bill that'll never make it out of Congress.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone in the House has ever read the Constitution... There's this thing called the Senate...

To those trying to say that Mexico is going to write a check to the US... grow up. Your lack of financial good sense and lack of comprehension of plain English is becoming boring.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's exactly what that was. We all know, barring some form of miracle, that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall.

Thus, this is Jacksons attempt to kill the wall.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If this bill gets much support from members of Congress then it will prove how failed these leaders really are.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sheila Jackson Lee. That's all I need to know.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh look, the childishness is on full display.

We all know that Donald Trump is bombastic and says # in the moment.

But to use this as the basis of legislation on a subject deeply important to Americans is just plain stupid and tone deaf.

Shame on you yet again Democrats.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
The Dems are just drafting the Bill the way the Donald sold it to his supporters, why should anyone be upset about it?

Because this is something a 5-year-old would do.

Give me a break, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join