It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have Introduced a Bill to make Mexico Pay for The Wall !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Indirectly, they will.

So who's gonna pay for it directly, then?

the gofundme is at 17 million dude

its happening

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

We all know that is not what he meant when he said Mexico will pay for it.

Not what he meant? It's what he goddamned well said to begin with!!!
www.politico.com...

Real estate mogul Donald Trump vowed that Mexico would pay for a wall along the southern border with the United States even if the president of Mexico resists.

To do that, he vowed to leverage the $58-billion annual trade deficit the U.S. has to Mexico, saying that action would get the government to allocate the $10 billion to $12 billion needed for the wall.

Look at the date of the article! Jesus Christ, reality doesn't bend to fit your narrative... it is what it is and in this case, reality is that Trump said the elimination of the trade deficit and reallocation of the ridiculous amount of tax dollars that go towards the cost of illegal immigration on the US would pay for the GD Wall.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

I know. It's amusing that people who pay taxes and want a smaller central government turn around and donate money to the government.

And yes, I know it's their money to do with as they please. That doesn't make it any less amusing.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Indirectly, they will.

You, me, TST, anyone else within this country that works and pays taxes will pay for it once Chuck Schumer extracts his cranium from his asscheeks, does his job, and funds America's National Security as he supposedly was elected to do.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Indirectly, they will.

El Chapo's seized drug money. It'd be poetic.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Trump will do it because that is what he was put there for.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Okay. I just wanted to be clear on who's directly paying for a wall and who's indirectly, in a roundabout, down the road kind of way paying for it.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There's a show I have been watching called "can't pay, we'll take it away".

Basically people in the UK getting into debt and it goes to the 'high court' so they send bailiffs to either make them pay, or take away goods and assets to pay off the debt. 90% of the time people can't pay at all, stuff is taken away. But then what?

OK, ask or 'make' Mexico pay for the wall, they are basically a third world nation to be honest, you honestly think they can pay for this wall? Then what? Gonna invade or force Auto makers and big company's that have factories to close up shop there? I want to see the end game goal when Mexico says "here's 5 bucks to pay for your wall, that's all you're getting".
And tariffs won't work. This whole thing is going to be a big mess until Trump realizes, HE needs to pay for this wall, or do something drastic which would cost him votes and support. It's a lose, lose situation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
This is just idiotic.

Your lips to God's ears, but we've been dealing with this level of idiocy for 2 years now on everything from Russian Collusion to taxes to diplomacy to warmongering then to not warmongering enough to the Wall to the whore who claims he bedded her to what the hell else you can come up with from these loons in the corporate media alliance and their lapdogs in the public sector. Idiocracy was half right... it wasn't the idiots who were running the nation, it was the common folks who have devolved to be so dumb they can't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Indirectly, they will.

Now that's an idea I could solidly get behind.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
When Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall he meant through trade agreements, less foreign aid, less untaxed money being sent through wire transfers, tariffs, etc.

He never said or even implied that Mexico would simply write us a check.

This is just idiotic.

That's because Lee and her cronies are trying to put Trump in a catch 22 with this legislation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Okay. I just wanted to be clear on who's directly paying for a wall and who's indirectly, in a roundabout, down the road kind of way paying for it.

Thanks.

It's no different from anything else the government builds. Even something as rudimentary as a development permit from the Corps of Engineers... the state, organization, or entity looking to receive the permit pays a fee, but the actual salary of the federal employees reviewing the permit and any associated expenses come from the general tax payer funded bucket of money. The fees work their way through the system and eventually find their way into the same bucket of money.

It's like a bank. When you deposit 5 $20 bills into your savings account and come back 6 months later to withdraw it, you don't get the same $20 bills you physically handed to the banker... you get someone else's $20 bills, but the bank doesn't lose money in the exchange.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Indirectly, they will.

Cruz introduced (or tried to) legislation to make it happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All of DC is just wasting time with stupid things that are not doing anything for anyone. Wasting our tax dollars to spite each other. We need a bill introduced that will protect our tax dollars from being wasted on bull# that is in the interest of no one but themselves. Cant we agree that both sides, all sides, any side, and all of DC is not and have not been doing anything for the people for a long time now.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I Dunno , seems Fancy Nancy is Currently Chilling Out at a Chic Hawaiian Resort Hotel at the Tax Payers Expense . Nobody here has a " Problem " with that ? ........Hmm.......

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-12-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I guess I thought when he said "either directly or indirectly" that "directly" was supposed to be an actual option, not just lip service. Silly of me, it seems. I thank you for the explanation, though, but given that I hear "I pay your salary" fairly often I'm pretty familiar with it.

I'm even familiar with how it works when one uses cash for a transaction, though I did have a time years and years when I suspected if I used a $20 bill in a restaurant that the waiter had to go print out my change before they brought it back to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

In another weird twist of fate, Laura Ingraham on twitter has now started following (D) U.S. Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee .

Adding the last name " Lee" is a homage to greatness and to forgo the first name

Who needs Netflix with a government like this!
edit on 28-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Indirectly, they will.

Cruz introduced (or tried to) legislation to make it happen.

Had to go look that up. Shame it seems to have just died in committee. I'm genuinely a bit perplexed as to why that didn't generate more support and interest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join