It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Bashes Queen Over Video In Front of Gold Piano Urging ‘Subjects’ to Pull Together

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Of course you are free to comment on our politics, wouldn't want it any other way. However, it's just interesting that you are so critical of our political system, while obviously defensive about your own.

I didn't vote for Trump, just pointing out your obvious hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut

Am not defensive of my own, av been ripping into the governments plans over brexit for a while now. But to say am a subject who bows down to a nazi , as the OP claimed, isn’t only offensive but factually incorrect

Take a read through some of my threads if you want to know why I am so critical, I am critical of all politicians. Take you pick there is plent to read if your interested
edit on 28-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honestly its not really the topic of the thread so am not going to get into it other than to say that if you add up what they cost the UK taxpayer (again a packet of Jaffa-cakes a year per person) then when you look at the income they provide to the UK it more than makes up for their cost to the taxpayer.

Again Royal financing is quite complex don't really want to get into that very dull rabbit hole but am sure you're a clever enough chap with a internet connection who can read up all about it if you really wanted to.

Almost certainly not true.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The royals are more like a mafia, if you ever find yourself going though hard times and have to make a choice, feed your family or pay your council tax.

Well of you choose to feed your family and can't afford the council tax then this royal family will send a bunch of thugs to your home to steal your goods or car, if you don't have anything worth taking you'll be sent to prison.

This council tax is a tax on top of income and purchase tax.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Again not interested in debating royal financing but if you want to write a thread on it then feel free and we can discuss further

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just a typical case of people that do not have #, bashing people that do.
Before opening their bigoted mouths and moving their arthritic fingers, they should ponder how they wasted their lives by paying so much attention to those that succeed.

link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

The queen is not the one who responsible for any of that.

I mean I am no royalist but let’s get facts right.

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: notsure1

I ask myself, who would i rather have as Head Of State of my country ?

A woman who has class, education, social graces and respect from around the world.

Or a loud mouth President who lacks all the above.

The answer is an easy one.

Would rather have the obnoxious orange one as at least he is democratically elected (well kind of) than cross my fingers and hope genetics doesn't throw up a complete arse as head of state.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Even if it didn’t the royal head of state is just a symbolic role I don’t think that would ever be a issue but fair enough.

Am not a royalist, let me emphasise that I hate the idea in many ways but like I said let’s keep to facts

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

She has the power to change any laws, instead she sits back comfortably while the politicians take the heat.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Again not interested in debating royal financing but if you want to write a thread on it then feel free and we can discuss further

Fair enough and absolutely your right but equally feel it's Important to call out that the claim they contribute more than they cost is far from established fact.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

She has the power to change any laws, instead she sits back comfortably while the politicians take the heat.

Nope.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Even if it didn’t the royal head of state is just a symbolic role I don’t think that would ever be a issue but fair enough.

Am not a royalist, let me emphasise that I hate the idea in many ways but like I said let’s keep to facts

Well its not an entirely symbolic role (almost but not quite).

However I am not sure what facts you think I am.not sticking to, our head of state is unelected. The fact it's a largely symbolic role doesn't change that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

She really doesn't.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Some of the best places to live in the world are constitutional monarchies. Something to consider.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Was that her Christmas gift this year or has it I don,t know been in her family for a long time and so what she is a billionaire she can ha e nice things she has no real power for the most part. Give ole gal a break.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

you brought up trump so i guess i can too

how is this any different than trump and his gold toilet seats and gold walls and #?

what exactly is the point you are making?
Well, for one thing, Trump makes his own money through business, he doesn’t take tax dollars and buy a golden toilet. Did you really miss that point?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The Monarchy is redundant. It's finished, done, goodbye.

But for some bizarre reason some fanatics still cling onto them, 'oh my god there's a baby bump! i'm so excited!!!' I liked Diana and I like Harry though, both did and do good work, thankfully the centuries of inbreeding hasn't affected the latter.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: sine.nomine

The US was birthed out if a revolution against tyranny

So was France.

The French have very rigid gun controls. So what point are you trying to make?

The French also have a history of promptly surrendering anytime someone not French meets them in conflict... why? Because the idiots allowed their right to arm themselves to be pissed away and are woefully unequipped to defend themselves and their nation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: alldaylong

told you dude

muh gunz

Yup. Muh guns, muh God, muh family, My Murica. Got an issue with that, why in the hell are you still in America? It takes a tremendous amount of bravery to sit and rail about what makes this country unique while directly benefitting from what makes us great all while knowing your voice against things like firearms is heard and considered about as much as a mouse squeak in a basketball game.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join