It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Bashes Queen Over Video In Front of Gold Piano Urging ‘Subjects’ to Pull Together

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Y'all are crazy.

Let's all pretend class doesn't exist. Come on, who really cares? Are we gonna pretend the queen of England lives in a small cottage in some rural part of the UK?

If she did this video in a small cabin with a moose head behind her, y'all would be clammorin about how disingenuine she was.

Give it a rest. This crap is giving me a headache.

edit on 28-12-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There are elements to freedom, life, and liberty in America which are not present in the UK, but which I strongly value

Would you care to give examples, without just stating it ?

Sure,
In America I can own and use a wide range of firearms which you cannot legally possess in the UK.
I can't get thrown in jail her for being critical of Islam, or any other politically protected group, unlike the UK with their rigorous "hate speech" laws.
I can create memes without potentially running afoul of Article 13.
If someone is proven to be an incurable mennace, threat to society in the US we have capital punishment to resolve that, you don't.
Last I heard, Due Process isn't well observed in the UK.

Y'all look at the phantom and intrinsically unequal concept of "fairness" where everything is concerned over there. America looks at FREEDOM... a man's undeniable right to succeed or fail on his own merits and efforts.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are elements to freedom, life, and liberty in America which are not present in the UK, but which I strongly value.

yes I too wish I had the freedom to own a death tool so I can go and kill a classroom full of kids!

Really dude folk in the UK see a comment like this and just laugh, care to cite any examples?

Then there's this foolishness...
Enjoy the taste of your monarchy, I'm sure the aftertaste is smooth... like the breastmilk of a 90 year old Germanic hag flowing down the buckteeth and buttocks of her inbred offspring. We will just continue doing what we do. Hey, we must have gotten something right considering we successfully fought for our freedom from the crown, ya?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"hate speech" laws.

Yep i agree with those. Who want's to live in a society filled with hate like The U.S.

In America I can own and use a wide range of firearms which you cannot legally possess in the UK.

I refer you to this post by " Othersideofthecoin "

yes I too wish I had the freedom to own a death tool so I can go and kill a classroom full of kids! Really dude folk in the UK see a comment like this and just laugh, care to cite any examples?

If someone is proven to be an incurable mennace, threat to society in the US we have capital punishment to resolve that, you don't

So if someone is later to have been found innocent, you are happy they have lost their lives ?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Anyone else get a bit pissed of with this American vs British thing on ATS right now?

Just seems petty to me, am sure both cultures have their positives and negatives, I think we are going about it all wrong and should be ganging up on the Auzi's personally.

We all know deep down that the Irish are the best so whats the point.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There are elements to freedom, life, and liberty in America which are not present in the UK, but which I strongly value

Would you care to give examples, without just stating it ?

Sure,
I can't get thrown in jail her for being critical of Islam, or any other politically protected group, unlike the UK with their rigorous "hate speech" laws.
I can create memes without potentially running afoul of Article 13.
If someone is proven to be an incurable mennace, threat to society in the US we have capital punishment to resolve that, you don't.
Last I heard, Due Process isn't well observed in the UK.

Y'all look at the phantom and intrinsically unequal concept of "fairness" where everything is concerned over there. America looks at FREEDOM... a man's undeniable right to succeed or fail on his own merits and efforts.

Freedom before safety any day. Pretty soon they'll be laughing at Americans because Americans aren't required to have padded rooms.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

told you dude

muh gunz

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I believe she is head of state, and the Prime Minister is head of the govt. I think...could be I have that backwards.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

told you dude

muh gunz

"Muh gunz" is the reason our country exists. And the main thing that protects us from tyranny.

Name any time "muh safe space" has accomplished anything at all.
edit on 28-12-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

told you dude

muh gunz

"Muh gunz" is the reason our country exists. And the main thing that protects us from tyranny.

ha!

You actually believe that

ahhhhh.....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

told you dude

muh gunz

ha!

You actually believe that

ahhhhh.....

Ha!

You actually don't believe that

Ahhhhhh.....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

told you dude

muh gunz

Name any time "muh safe space" has accomplished anything at all.

You do realise that many countries exist around the world without the population being armed to the teeth.

Or don't you ?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Cue the recent history of the American Revolutionary War.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Many countries have never had a revolution and still exist without guns and tyranny.

Do they not ?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Many countries have never had a revolution and still exist without guns and tyranny.

Do they not ?

The US was birthed out of a revolution against tyranny. The Constitution in which the country was founded upon is based on limiting the governing powers. Included in those protections is the right to bear arms.
edit on 28-12-2018 by sine.nomine because: extra DIV

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The US was birthed out if a revolution against tyranny

So was France.

The French have very rigid gun controls. So what point are you trying to make?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Anyone else get a bit pissed of with this American vs British thing on ATS right now?

Yes, I agree it's all a bit pointless. We have more in common that divides us, and history has shown this to be the case.

The gun debate is really very tedious. The UK has guns (nearly 2 million), so we're hardly disarmed. We just don't have the culture of guns that makes it an obsessive political issue.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do they not ?

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Isoroku Yamamoto

How many countries are disarmed and live in tyranny?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

How many countries are disarmed and live in tyranny?

How many countries don't have armed citizens and live in peace ?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

France is extremely different in both geography and politics. How are they doing now with their refugees and EU? It'd be simple to impose gun control in the US if it was the size of Ohio...

The US has long been seen as a beacon of freedom. Even in the UK you can be arrested for speaking wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join