It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Bashes Queen Over Video In Front of Gold Piano Urging ‘Subjects’ to Pull Together

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The Queen of England gave her annual Christmas address urging people of the world to come together in unity.

Thats ok and all but this ##### had the nerve to do it in front of a GOLD piano.

The Pope does this constantly. Dude sits on the largest amassing of privately held wealth in the world, art, gold, real estate, not to mention annual tithe and charity contributions... and calls on the world to live frugally, humbly, and spread their hard earned wealth around to anyone in need.

AlGore prosthelytizes incessantly against using fossil fuels, demands conservation, and wants those beneath him taxed to "save the world" all while flying a gas guzzling private jet, driving a fleet of SUVs, living in a mansion that uses the most electricity of any residence in Tennessee, and while conveniently sitting on the boards of the beneficiaries of those carbon tax schemes.

Congressmen and Senators sat back with their golden parachute health care plans while savaging America's middle class with the crappy-ass, overpriced, under delivering nightmare of the ACA.

It's called "hypocrisy" and most of the world's most celebrated do-gooders are drowning in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: notsure1

you brought up trump so i guess i can too

how is this any different than trump and his gold toilet seats and gold walls and #?

what exactly is the point you are making?

Trump didn’t pay for his gold toilets through tax payers money.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Maybe you could whine about the fn policy that says bone spurs are legitimate cause for not joining and see past the retarded media brainwashing.

Or, would you prefer people get killed dragging a slow walker along on foot 'cause mommy cnn said so?

Tough call, I know politics are willy willy important to you.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

American Tax Payers pay for the running of The White House and all other Presidential trimmings.

So what's the difference. Both The Queen and Trump are Head Of State funded by tax payers.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I ask myself, who would i rather have as Head Of State of my country ?

A woman who has class, education, social graces and respect from around the world.

Or a loud mouth President who lacks all the above.

The answer is an easy one.

This is about the Queen of England, though. Why bring Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Theresa May into this?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I always thought the Queen's real name was Freddy Mercury.

And why would we give him crap about his piano?

I mean, c'mon!

Have a heart!

It's almost New Years!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Not exactly. The royal family has all of their needs cared for at your peoples' expense. The President, for 4 years, has his household expenses taken care of while receiving a salary (which the current POTUS donates 100% of each month to various charities, for what its worth), then receives a pension equal to that salary for the rest of his life. The POTUS is still required to budget personal expenses, the Queen, seemingly, is not.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

American Tax Payers pay for the running of The White House and all other Presidential trimmings.

So what's the difference. Both The Queen and Trump are Head Of State funded by tax payers.

I hardly think you can compare a 2 year president who has not taken a salary to the queen, who has in her lifetime garnered much more from the burden of very high taxes on the commoner.

One of these things is not like the other ....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not exactly. The royal family has all of their needs cared for at your peoples' expense. The President, for 4 years, has his household expenses taken care of while receiving a salary (which the current POTUS donates 100% of each month to various charities, for what its worth), then receives a pension equal to that salary for the rest of his life. The POTUS is still required to budget personal expenses, the Queen, seemingly, is not.

Well if you only want your President to be in office for a maximum of 8 years, then that's your problem, not ours.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I thought it was Dame Edna?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wow! You not only missed the point, but you managed not to hit the broad side of the barn the point was set up in front of.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: TinySickTears

you brought up trump so i guess i can too

how is this any different than trump and his gold toilet seats and gold walls and #?

what exactly is the point you are making?

Trump didn’t pay for his gold toilets through tax payers money.

cool

apparently the queen didnt pay for the piano

that was never my point though
edit on 28-12-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Freddy Mercury is Dame Edna?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I hardly think you can compare a 2 year president who has not taken a salary to the queen, who has in her lifetime garnered much more from the burden of very high taxes on the commoner.

One of these things is not like the other ....

i hardly think you can compare his past 2 years with her lifetime of being royalty

we will never know what this will do for his wealth long term cause he is not long term

im sure he will/would make a few bucks after his term(s)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Hmm... my dad collects coins and he is always looking for "Mercury Dames" so maybe they are one and the same?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What you on about ?

Both countries have different systems. So why are you trying to compare ?

You think your way is better then that's fine.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not a monarchist but.... she's the Queen , what would it look like if it were an old brown upright ?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm not a monarchist but.... she's the Queen , what would it look like if it were an old brown upright ?

If the Queen was an old brown upright?

Isn't that racist?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hmm... my dad collects coins and he is always looking for "Mercury Dames" so maybe they are one and the same?

I'd have a sit-down with your father, just sayin' . . . . .

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I get what you're saying but when you look into royal financing its much more complex than that, I am sure its the same for POTUS. The Royal family provide a positive net income for the UK and cost us about £1 a year per person although next year am very upset because its going to be more like £2 and thats the price of a decent packet of Jaffa-cakes all so she can get her big house refurbished.

Joking aside though the Royal family overall provide a positive financial effect on the UK economy.
edit on 28-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join