It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, we can yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are you willing to say that the persecution of Asia Bibi, sentenced to death for blasphemy, is her fault, the consequence of her words?

Are you willing to stop deflecting and changing the topic.

As I have said to you I believe it is wrong for anyone to be sentenced to death for blasphemy or face any kind of punishment for blasphemy.

Now do you understand yet that as a direct result of your words you could face punishment and as a result you do not have absolute freedom of speech?

I'm not changing the topic. I'm just asking why you think Asia Bibi's persecution, her being sentenced to death for blasphemy, is her fault, and not the fault of cruel and outmoded and censorial laws, and the censors who enforce them.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ViXxeN

I think I have a crush on You and that big fat furry Texan. I may disagree but please, dont let that come between us.

Passion inspires me, and strong men, keep me coming back for more.

HAHA!!

Are you flirting with me because if so I will have to tell Mrs Coin and she is even scarier than my Texan friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Are you willing to say that the persecution of Asia Bibi, sentenced to death for blasphemy in Pakistan, is her fault, the consequence of her words?

Warning warning false equivalence alert!!!!

Please remain seated till the strawman has came to a complete halt.

It was a question, not an argument, nor was it a misrepresentation of anyone else's argument. I hear they still offer elementary debate classes to adults.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Ahhh this is so funny.

dude I have totally destroyed your argument in this thread now you want to start talking about something totally different.

So is this a thread about how humans make noises with their mouths or is it about people being sentenced to death for blasphemy?

Anyway I have already told you, several times now. I do not agree with anyone being sent to death for blasphemy I believe those laws are wrong. I am only glad I don't live in a place where I would be killed for saying I don't like the baby Jebus.

Now to get back to the topic at hand les my old friend....

Do you now understand that as a direct result of your words (those mouth noises you make) that you can face punishment and that as such you don't have absolute freedom of speech. Yes or No.

Its a simple question one you keep avoiding.

PS: Next time you get confused about what a strawman argument is, please refer back to your own posts about blasphemy in this thread.
edit on 28-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Are you willing to say that the persecution of Asia Bibi, sentenced to death for blasphemy in Pakistan, is her fault, the consequence of her words?

It was a question, not an argument, nor was it a misrepresentation of anyone else's argument. I hear they still offer elementary debate classes to adults.

Would be a lot more convincing if you weren't claiming other was saying something he wasn't. (So entirely a false representation)

Perhaps reading comprehension classes?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Is it not a "smooth running civil society"?

Of course "civility" tends to have subjective meaning to we crazy Homo Sapiens.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Do you now understand that as a direct result of your words (those mouth noises you make) that you can face punishment and that as such you don't have absolute freedom of speech. Yes or No.

I think that's absurd. For instance, Asia Bibi was nearly sentenced to death, effectively run out of her country after barely escaping lynching, and you would argue that was a direct result of her words, and not the direct result of the outmoded, oppressive laws and those who enforce them. I think that's a cowardly step towards censorship on your part.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Would be a lot more convincing if you weren't claiming other was saying something he wasn't. (So entirely a false representation)

I don't understand a word you wrote.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I think that's a cowardly step towards censorship on your part.

And I think you know you have lost this debate and now are embarrassing yourself as you continue with this absurd strawman argument.

Let me again ask you the question, lets see if you can answer it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think I have a crush on You and that big fat furry Texan. I may disagree but please, dont let that come between us.

HAHA!

Are you flirting with me because if so I will have to tell Mrs Coin and she is even scarier than my Texan friend.

We don't want Mrs Coin to worry, and I'm not one to come between anyone. But you still intrigue me with your amazing posts. Keep up the good work OtherSide

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think you have already demonstrated reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

I will make it simple. Where did Other say that blasphemy prosecutions are ok?
edit on 28-12-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

HAHA!!

Geez.
You could've asked her to post some sexy selfies here before you gave her the old 'Heave-Ho!'

Thanks for nuthin.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think that's a cowardly step towards censorship on your part.

And I think you know you have lost this debate and now are embarrassing yourself as you continue with this absurd strawman argument.

Let me again ask you the question, lets see if you can answer it.

I already said it's absurd, just like your fetid defence of censorship. I face punishment as a direct result of the laws and the censors who enforce them. The proof is, if I don't live under your laws, your censorship, I don't get punished.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I think you have already demonstrated reading comprehension isn't your string point.

My string point. Must be my comprehension again.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

Thank you for your kind words.

I here that IAMTAT guy is alright though!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I think you have already demonstrated reading comprehension isn't your string point.

Apologies, corrected the typo.

Now can can you answer the question?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Apologies, corrected the typo.

Now can can you answer the question?

I didn't say he said blasphemy laws are ok (strawman).

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Are you willing to say that the persecution of Asia Bibi, sentenced to death for blasphemy, is her fault, the consequence of her words?

As I have said to you I believe it is wrong for anyone to be sentenced to death for blasphemy or face any kind of punishment for blasphemy.

Now do you understand yet that as a direct result of your words you could face punishment and as a result you do not have absolute freedom of speech?

I'm not changing the topic. I'm just asking why you think Asia Bibi's persecution, her being sentenced to death for blasphemy, is her fault, and not the fault of cruel and outmoded and censorial laws, and the censors who enforce them.

Please explain what you meant by this then?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So after all of this then.....

You now understand why you can't just yell fire in a theatre and not face punishment as a result of your words.

Next time just take it on the chin and move on to the next debate. Honestly Les, you're a smart guy and you do write some decent stuff I think but this has not been your finest moment all because you lack the humility to admit to not being the smartest guy in the room (also not me, hint its not even a guy).
edit on 28-12-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Please explain what you meant by this then?

My opponent believes any punishment I receive is a direct result of my speech. I used Asia Bibi's case as an analogy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join