It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A toast to those that deny reality and insult those that don't

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Most of the population has been conditioned for years to reach this point in history. It started when my kids were young : Commercials advertising powerful psychoactive meds rattling off a laundry list of vague symptoms that could include anyone and everyone's feelings at some point or another in life to convince the populace that we are all mentally ill and could take these "simple" medications to make all right in the world. The majority of young adults have spent their entire lives on powerful psychiatric meds and believe they are mentally ill when there was nothing ever wrong with them at all. These medications coupled with the hormones and poisons in our food and water made our minds pliable and easily suggestible. After years of this political correctness was added as a tool to condition us, followed by social media and "shaming" as a psycho-social mind control weapon. During the Obama years the mainstream media was employed to further the brainwashing of the masses and has been so successful that a vast percentage of the populace no longer believes the truth even when it is shoved right in front of their faces. They are programmed to believe what they are told and to disregard even what they see with their own eyes. It is not their faults- they have been brainwashed far more successfully than either Hitler, Jim Jones, Charles Manson or any other cult leader has ever been able to accomplish.

We are witnessing the beginning of the end of society as we know it and the more you try to enlighten people to the fact the crazier people believe you to be. The lunatics have already taken over the asylum and it is only a matter of time before they burn it to the ground.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately there are many people who would not admit facts. Even if those facts stare at them and slapped them in the face.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Not to discount those lying liars who know the truth but lie for their own reasons, I think we have to consider another disturbing fact here: Some people really don't know the difference between opinion and fact. Really.

Americans Can't Tell the Difference Between Fact and Opinion

Folks can take the test themselves here:

Quiz: How well can you tell factual from opinion statements?

I probably saw this first about 20 years ago while watching a "man on the street" type show, asking random people trivia questions. One girl was asked why we celebrate Independence Day, she said it was to celebrate summer. When she was told that she was wrong, she got all huffy and said, "Well, that's why I celebrate Independence Day!"

Unfortunately, with today's fake news, the stakes are much higher...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Our society has become so ignorant that the critical thinking skills needed to discern fact from fiction are long gone.
Now 'truth' is whatever the news media and social media say it is, No matter the absurdity.
If Kim Kardashian says the sky is red tomorrow, guess what.... the sky will forever be 'red'.
Society has voluntarily forfeited truth for fantasy, and if someone presents you facts showing you the truth instead of the fantasy, then they're crazy, or a bully and probably racist, sexiest, and homophobic as well.
Critical thinking has been COMPLETELY removed from all levels of education. If you doubt me, challenge a millennial to a debate. That's why 'trolls' exist. They don't know how to throw in a counter argument (not that the op's finding is something i would argue against) with facts and evidence, so they attack the person with insults rather than evidence.
They have been taught that if it's not on the news, it's not real. The educational system doesn't want independent thought, they want worker bee's, and ants. If too many people think critically, the government will lose control. Unfortunately those who can not, or will not think critically will never be convinced no matter how much they are proven wrong. They'll just wake up and smile at that beautiful red sky every morning and fall right in line.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like it there guy.

If only it were one person.

And some of the people actaully surpirsed me, because although I may disagree with them, I thought they were in the same reality as me.

It really makes me question all sorts of conversations I have had with these people.

It's the Mandella Effect.... its... Growing. And Changing...

Ok, I'm just goofing around but I hear you man. It's quite frustrating, especially online because thou don't have any clues to help determine how genuine someone is being. For all you know, they realize they lost the argument, are angry about it, and have decided to content themself with at least trying to make You angry and frustrated, too.

So they aren't trolls in the traditional sense, but they go all in on trollery at the end as a last FU, because they're just sore losers with zero integrity.

Thats just a theory I thought of. One possibility. It might explain some of it.

Also, pride. Some people just cannot bring themselves to say "Oh, dang, I guess you were right and it turns out I was mistaken." Not after they have already invested so much in their original argument. Not when other people count on them to be right, they can't let those people down, or their reputation as Mr/Ms smart person will be damaged. Maybe they have their little sister next to them reading over their shoulder, counting on them to prove you wrong because they already promised them a long time ago that Mueller was a good guy and Trump & associates are all bad.

You know, many of us ATSers have other people in our lives who look up to us as people who take the time to find the truth. If they are wrong about something like, Trump being bad, and everyone who hates him being good and right, that would be like being wrong about the color of the sky or water being wet. They would instantly be demoted to dunce level in everyone's eyes. There is a very thin line between smart conspiracy person, and crazy conspiracy person... the Fear of being "labeled" could be even worse than the what the Actual results would be ( the results of being proven wrong about something you were so sure about and repeated daily for over a year and a half).

People might not trust what they say anymore! They would LOSE some of the power and influence they have over those around them. You know how humans are with power. Knowledge is power. So is percieved knowledge. If I work at the State Lottery, many people are gonna believe me if I tell them I have an inside scoop on the winning numbers. That's perceived knowledge. Humans become addicted to power. So, you know how it goes.

If they admit Mueller & team did something very wrong, that's like admitting Trump and associates are innocent. Because what reason would Mueller have to erase data if Trump and associates are guilty? There should be no need.

Ah, but there Was need though...there WAS.

But maybe it was an accident... You know how sometimes if you're not familiar with a phone... Like just the other day, my phone died and so I had to ask to use a stranger's phone to call my ride, and they dialed the number for me so all I had to do was hang up when I was finished, but, well, it was an iPhone, and I've never used an iPhone, you see, so I went to hang up, and, the next thing you know I was in the options menu and somehow got to the factory reset function, and it said "are you sure you want to reset this phone?" and of course by then I was so flustered, I guess I just got my wires crossed, and I pushed yes instead of no, and the next thing you know, the phone is completely wiped, SD card too, oh and the sim card too. It just happens sometimes, you know? It's just one of those things, you know?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Grambler

The label your looking for is 'Padawan'..... yup, Padawan.

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Tell me about it.

We have clear videos showing that we see past the curvature of the supposed size of the Earth.

We can see that there's no curvature at a height where you would mathematically see one.

Polaris never changes position while we and everything else in the universe moves trillions of miles every year...

People still deny it all and think we live on a moving globe.

Whatever makes people happy right?

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That quiz is bias man, one question was "are the government almost always wasteful and inefficient "my answer was A factual statement and it said that was wrong...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No, it is still a mistake.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Touche -- and LOL! I would most definitely agree... and given the chance, I'm pretty darn sure we could prove it!

But as it stands, it is a relative statement, and therefore it is a statement of opinion, not fact.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join