It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A toast to those that deny reality and insult those that don't

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: odzeandennz

So was there definitive proof either way that the 10% was indicative to wages or the budget?

You're just proving Grambler's point right now. Jebus

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

So was there definitive proof either way that the 10% was indicative to wages or the budget?

You're just proving Grambler's point right now. Jebus

How's that?

I asked you a simple question, Jesus gave no response.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have to do this livestream (link in my signature as a shamelessly plug myself) in a few minutes where I will reference this thread, but I will be anxious to see responses.

Again, although my example is political, it doesnt have to be, it could be trump supporters or haters, sports related, or anything else.

But the outright denial of reality when confronted with evidence is fascinating to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Entertain me monkey!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

And you switch it to partisan politics in your first reply. Very predictable...

Wrong is wrong.

Where did I switch to partisan politics in my post? Point it out by requoting me

an't anyone from a completely Republican cabinet do anything? 

Phones were wiped clean, people defend it as if they weren't, 

Trump stands in front of the troops tells them he gave them a 10% raise and they haven't gotten a raise in 10 years, and people defend it even when they see it in black and white from the DoD itself [ 
a reply to: projectvxn] 

Swings round and about... fanaticism and populism will be the bane of any empire

Pretty much all of that post was partisan. Did I really need to quote it for you?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Trump said he just gave a 10% pay raise and they haven't gotten a PAY RAISE in 10 years...

The DoD's record and my pay check from dfas from 2010-2015 says something differently

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Trump said he just gave a 10% pay raise

I have not seen that quote.

they haven't gotten a PAY RAISE in 10 years...

This I acknowledged was a lie.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And what party did I switch to exactly by pointing out that people did wipe out the phones and people did defend trump after he said he gave a 10% raise? What partisanship is that exactly?

Goal post about to be moved..✔

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I have to do this livestream (link in my signature as a shamelessly plug myself) in a few minutes where I will reference this thread, but I will be anxious to see responses.

Again, although my example is political, it doesnt have to be, it could be trump supporters or haters, sports related, or anything else.

But the outright denial of reality when confronted with evidence is fascinating to me.

I share this frustration, but not so much with politics. I expect people to deny reality in politics.

Its science denialism that bothers me. And its one of the few places where saying "both sides do it" is both legitimate and frightening for the future of humanity.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I said no such thing.

I did reference my previous raises when I was in the army. Why is it so hard to fathom an E4s 1% "raise" being wiped out by taxes?

All I said was that this would be the first pay raise that wouldn't be eaten up by taxes.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

"They said: 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.' I said: 'No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent,' " Trump told the troops. "Because it's been a long time. It's been more than 10 years. That's a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations."

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I said no such thing.

I did reference my previous raises when I was in the army. Why is it so hard to fathom an E4s 1% "raise" being wiped out by taxes?

All I said was that this would be the first pay raise that wouldn't be eaten up by taxes.

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The basic pay raises since 2007:
1 January 2007: 2.2%
In the last 12 years Obama gave the 3 largest raises. Except for the fact that no President gives or doesn't give these raises. it is an automatic calculation.

1 April 2007: 0.5%
1 January 2008: 3.5%
1 January 2009: 3.9%
1 January 2010: 3.4%
1 January 2011: 1.4%
1 January 2012: 1.6%
1 January 2013: 1.7%
1 January 2014: 1.0%
1 January 2015: 1.0%
1 January 2016: 1.3%
1 January 2017: 2.1%
1 January 2018: 2.4%

Obama care taxes for the 2014 year wiped that raise away and I actually wound up with a pay cut.

I was a E4 with no BAH 2015 fiscal year and I did see my pay raise.

Made E5, MR2 in the same 2015 and got BAH and my pay went up considerably and continuously thereafter
edit on 28-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Can't watch atm but based on your quote, there is no definitive either way, as I said.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Can't watch atm but based on your quote, there is no definitive either way, as I said.

Not even where trump said he said no, "Make it 10%"

Grambler is spot on in the OP.

I hope I'm not guilty of this too... of I am, i need to do some work.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Pure hyperbole. You and the media fell for it, per usual. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Look, it's simple. Show me where he is talking about wages. It may be in the vid, and I will watch it soon. Busy watching Grambler ramble about the OP subject matter atm.

"We just approved $700 billion for our military," Trump said. "So we’re going to be having the best equipment ever known. And next year, $716 billion. So I wanted to let you know. And, by the way — I know you don’t care about this — but that also includes raises for our military. First time in 10 years."

www.politifact.com...

Now this quote would certainly back up your claim. Would also answer my question.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

And what party did I switch to exactly by pointing out that people did wipe out the phones and people did defend trump after he said he gave a 10% raise? What partisanship is that exactly?

Goal post about to be moved..✔

Keywords: Republicans, Trump, Fanaticism, Populism.

Maybe I read between the lines a little too much and if so I apologise.

Where do the goalposts lie?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The best way to deal with them is to simply ignore them. Anything more than that is a futile endeavor at best, or an overwhelming wave of ignorance capable of sending your brain into shock at worst.

Trust me, I had to learn this the hard way. But ever since I took my own advice, life has been great.

I also find great solace from my new point of view as I quietly observe from the side-lines.

"Don't feed the trolls!"
-Wisdom

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is like "fake news" if you don't agree with it.....it's fake.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"They said: 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.' I said: 'No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent,' " Trump told the troops. "Because it's been a long time. It's been more than 10 years. That's a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations."

That video is epic. I love how they widen the view to make Trump's shoulders look abnormally wide.
edit on 28122018 by Wide-Eyes because: ...and his hands look abnormally tiny for our sarcasm challenged members

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join