It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A toast to those that deny reality and insult those that don't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Lets face it, we have all been wrong at times.

I myself seem to be really great at being wrong.

But I have always held a special place in my heart for a special type of person, who is so good at being wrong in a particular way that it baffles the mind.

You see, there are many ways to be wrong.

I could say I think Alabama will win the college football championship; I could end up being wrong. I could say Trump will not sign any bill without border wall funding; I again could be wrong.

That is being wrong about opinions or predictions, or even interpreting facts. And if we are honest, all of us are wrong about things like this quite frequently.

And god knows I am wrong about spelling and grammar all the time, as this thread will prove.

Then there is being wrong about things that are absolutely provable facts. I am often wrong about who sings a certain song. I have heard even dumber things like Ben Franklin was the first President.

But these arent the people this rant is about.

Nope, there is a special kind of wrong person, who both scare and delight me at the same time, and recently I have seen many of them both on ATS and elsewhere.

I want to label these people with a name, but cant think of one fitting enough to describe the unbelievable display they put forth.

I had a lengthy real world example, but lets just stick to ATS. I will put this in quotes because the specifics dont matter, its the type of behavior I am ranting about.

This is just the most recent example I have seen of this, but it might be the most egregious.

I and many others can post a report, from the .gov site, from the Inspector Generals Office, saying that they were unable to recover data from two people who were on Muellers team phones, Strzok and Page, because Muellers team did not keep records of those phones and factory restored them, thus wiping all data and evidence from them.

People will reply thats not true, actually there was a glitch causing dtata to go away, but the IG found it, and they will also cite the very statement from the IG office that I did.

This is just simple misunderstanding, which is perfectly reasonable. The reason is there were two sets of phones, the FBI issued phones to Strzok and Page which were Samsungs, and the Mueller issued phones to them, which were iPhones.

So I say please read the very next paragraph in the IG report, which I provided oh I dont know about a dozen times in the past two weeks. It blatantly says yes, the IG recovered data from the FBI issued samsungs that was lost due to a glitch, BUT they were unable tyo get any data from the iPhones mueller gave them, because they were wiped clean by Muellers team.

NOw here is where the issue lies; there are people, in fact it seems many right here on ATS, who will read something in black and white, and flat out deny it.

It absolutely boggles my mind.

Over and over people would tell me I am wrong, the IG got data fronm the phones.

I would again post the actual IG statement saying in plain english their office did not get data from the phones Mueller issued because his team wiped them.

And this would either be ignored or laughed at, as the paragraph from above the one I psoted from IG report would again be posted, that showed data was recovered from the Samsungs, as proof that data was also recovered from the iPhones.

But here is where it gets to peak hilarity!

Then many of these same [people start hurling insults, because despite ignoring reality where they are clearly wrong, they decide to make insults a become smug and brag about how smart they are.

Several people, many of whom arent just trolls in my opinion!

I heard comments like I am so stupid and always wrong and this just proves it, I have no reading comprehension, I am always wrong and a shill, etc.

That is the people I love and fear. Those that are so easily provably wrong about a fact, not an opinion, who can be shown definitive proof they are wrong, and instead of admitting they are wrong like everyone in the world has been at a time, they further entrench with denying reality, and insult others for not denying that reality with them.

It is absolutely Orwellian. Reality is a lie; the fictional narrative is the truth.

So this holiday season, I raise my glass to those on ATS that are willing to deny reality, to see written words in front of their face and claim they mean the opposite of what they clearly state, and are willing to insult anyone who is unwilling to deny reality with you!

If nothing else, your convictions to defend your own fictional narrative even harder when reality doesnt jive with it is strangely admirable, if not scary.

And man do I find it hilarious.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A mistake is not a mistake if you learn from it. It is a learning experience. We all have made mistakes but many people do not learn from them and keep making the same kind of mistake over and over again.

The truth is hard to find but usually does exist but often is not socially acceptable if not cut with Occams Razor. We are conditioned to believe in half truths, often these half truths are nothing but lies created by people who want to deceive us and profit from our inability to reason correctly. Most people are taking meds or consuming food chemistry that dampens their ability to reason just to fit into society. I did that for twenty years, using food chemistry to dampen my intelligence so I could fit in to society. I had actually forgotten that I intentually did it to dumb myself down, when you overthink things often the truth that is uncovered interferes with others beliefs. Like my parents and wife say, let the young make their own mistakes. I think that rumor was started by the rich who profit by our ignorance.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

For me it's in the same ballpark as Donald Rumsfeld declaring that three trillion dollars were missing the day before 9/11 and Hillary's bleachbit shenanigans...

I can't believe people defend these gangsters.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think you are just being silly.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Dude you triggered me with that Alabama reference lol

How dare you question OU?

In regards to your OP, the users(tron reference) that respond to anything political are tools including myself.

I do have one thing I would like to clear up with users.

Please stop using speculative theories as proof.....it’s fracking annoying!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like it there guy.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

For me it's in the same ballpark as Donald Rumsfeld declaring that three trillion dollars were missing the day before 9/11 and Hillary's bleachbit shenanigans...

I can't believe people defend these gangsters.

But to me this goes beyond that.

A person could make all sorts of value judgements or rationale why they dont find the things you are doscussing here troubling, even though people like me and you feel thats ridiculous.

I am talking about something much more simple and troubling.

Outright denying an objective fact; and then insulting anyone who refuses to deny reality with them.

It doesnt have to be politics.

For example, I had a person one time tell me the Yankees won the championship the previous year.

I showed them on my phone that wasnt true.

Thye then doubled down and claimed that every single sight, including MLB.com, newspapers, etc., were lying and involved in some sort of conspiracy, and then made fun of me for falling for it.

That is insane.

This is exactly the mindset of people that can read an IG report, and then claim it says the exact opposite of what it is saying.

Now you could argue you dont care that Muellers team wiped the phones, you dont think there was anything troubling on the phones anyways, or any other number of things as to why this isnt a bog deal (I would disagree). But that is at least acknowledging reality and just using your subjective value system to determine what that reality means to you.

That is different than ignoring reality like I am seeing from so many people, and then insulting those that refuse to ignore reality.

Truly that is a special kind of sitaution that I find very amusing and frightening.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like it there guy.

If only it were one person.

And some of the people actaully surpirsed me, because although I may disagree with them, I thought they were in the same reality as me.

It really makes me question all sorts of conversations I have had with these people.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I would wager trollery as the main culprit. However the blind delusions in the name of partisan politics can not be ignored or denied.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Excellent post.

There are a lot of those around here.

A lot.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes people will defend themselves even being wrong just to save face.

The phones were wiped clean.
What then? What can be done?
Can't anyone from a completely Republican cabinet do anything?

Phones were wiped clean, people defend it as if they weren't,

Trump stands in front of the troops tells them he gave them a 10% raise and they haven't gotten a raise in 10 years, and people defend it even when they see it in black and white from the DoD itself [
a reply to: projectvxn]

Swings round and about... fanaticism and populism will be the bane of any empire
edit on 28-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I would wager trollery as the main culprit. However the blind delusions in the name of partisan politics can not be ignored or denied.

I know, and the ones that are trolls are great at it if that is their motivation.

But I am not so sure that is the main culprit.

I think some people are so invested in their own narrative that they literally are able to deny reality when it conflicts with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

But even in your example, that is something different.

That is defending a person or group for not achieving goals or for being corrupt, etc.

That is far different from what I am talking about.

Imagaine you criticize trump and say "I though Trump was going to build a on the whole southern border"

And a trump supporters claims "He did build the wall"

You would show trump still demanding money for the wall, articles showing the wall hasnt been built, heck even pictures of the border showing no wall has been built, and the trump supporter looks at all of that, says it proves the wall HAS been built, and insults you as dumb for not seeing it.

That would be the equivalent of what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Why are you replying to me?

I was in that thread where the OP and the source itself when out of their way to take words put of context to paint a picture that wasn't there.

Thats another problem with some here. Willing to believe anything that conflicts with the Orange Man Bad narrative, and continuing to believe in demonstrable lies to that end.

Here's your sign.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I see.

Then that's just pure idiocy and absent mindedness.

I don't think I have seen even that on Ats though ...or maybe just one step down from that.

Yes that is absurd
edit on 28-12-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   

Aha!! Something we disagree on!

I've been around this internets for quite some time and can typically spot 'em (or so I like to think). Usually it the context that is left out in the turnabout. I'm open to being wrong however, but I've never met anyone like the cariatures that we've seen on display.

Even like the baseball anecdote, given the black and white facts, capitulation is the typical response.

link   

And you switch it to partisan politics in your first reply. Very predictable...

Wrong is wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Why are you replying to me?

I was in that thread where the OP and the source itself when out of their way to take words put of context to paint a picture that wasn't there.

Thats another problem with some here. Willing to believe anything that conflicts with the Orange Man Bad narrative, and continuing to believe in demonstrable lies to that end.

Here's your sign.

Yea. . Nice try...

After the video of trump saying it you then re shuffled the argument and said due to taxes it was like there was no real pay raise, thus trump was still right...

It's there dude. Unless you edited your posts.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

And you switch it to partisan politics in your first reply. Very predictable...

Wrong is wrong.

Where did I switch to partisan politics in my post? Point it out by requoting me

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So was there definitive proof either way that the 10% was indicative to wages or the budget?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join