It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor insists she 'did the right thing' in tipping off illegal immigrants about ICE raid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

Out of curiosity. What Law did she violate?

And all those guys at that tea party in boston are in trouble now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

What if I ‘sneak’ into Belgium? Would that be acceptable? What about Russia? Australia? Timor? The Gambia?

Why is it that some don’t want people to have to follow immigration laws? Why is it that some want people to sneak across the border under cover of darkness so that nobody even knows they’re here.
No identification
No documentation
No passport
Nothing.

Earth

No need to go that far, try sneaking into Mexico and see what happens. For some reason they have a completely different attitude about their own borders.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

My parents had an awsome life back in the late 1930's Germany. How dare all you bstards come and fight against Hitler. Why? My parents were fine and had all the fun. Who cares what the guy was up to as long as my parents lived the good life?

Your opinion is the epiphany of the saying "i did nothing because it didn't concern me".

Its actually a pretty childish way of seeing things. You (apparently the centre of the universe) are fine, sod sll the others that are not.

Grow up and get some life experience. Oh and just because your sheltered life is good right now doesn't mean it will stay like that. Ask the homeless professor or the murdered or raped victims of those 'lovely' immigrants...oh hang on, they are just assholes, all that matters is you. I forgot. I was more switched on at 15 than you.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

My parents had an awsome life back in the late 1930's Germany. How dare all you bstards come and fight against Hitler. Why? My parents were fine and had all the fun. Who cares what the guy was up to as long as my parents lived the good life?

Your opinion is the epiphany of the saying "i did nothing because it didn't concern me".

Its actually a pretty childish way of seeing things. You (apparently the centre of the universe) are fine, sod sll the others that are not.

Grow up and get some life experience. Oh and just because your sheltered life is good right now doesn't mean it will stay like that. Ask the homeless professor or the murdered or raped victims of those 'lovely' immigrants...oh hang on, they are just assholes, all that matters is you. I forgot. I was more switched on at 15 than you.

Illegal immigration compared to Nazi Germany.

El Oh El.

There's always one guy though....

You're right, I'm wrong. We can totally stop murder and rape if we just build a wall and deport all illegals. Surprised it took this long to figure out that problem...
edit on 28-12-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So we shouldn't care if our borders are secure until it starts being present in our daily lives? So if my neighbors get robbed but my life stays the same I shouldn't care because it's not my problem? Wish I could live in your world.

I pay taxes and vote so this lady should be accountable for not following the laws of the land agreed upon by everyone else. She deserves to be charged and removed from office no matter your political stance.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

So we shouldn't care if our borders are secure until it starts being present in our daily lives? So if my neighbors get robbed but my life stays the same I shouldn't care because it's not my problem? Wish I could live in your world.

I pay taxes and vote so this lady should be accountable for not following the laws of the land agreed upon by everyone else. She deserves to be charged and removed from office no matter your political stance.

No, but seriously what is the net-net of illegal immigration?

Is the United States better off turning a blind eye to it, or are they better off building a wall and deporting all illegals?

I bet you'd be shocked at what your state governments (both Republican and Democrat) believe, which is right alongside with the Federal Governments belief.

The actual percentage of people who care about this issue, and write their state reps regarding immigration is infinitesimal compared to other gripes the majority of the citizenry actually have.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

Is the United States better off turning a blind eye to it, or are they better off building a wall and deporting all illegals?

I bet you'd be shocked at what your state governments (both Republican and Democrat) believe, which is right alongside with the Federal Governments belief.

The actual percentage of people who care about this issue, and write their state reps regarding immigration is infinitesimal compared to other gripes the majority of the citizenry actually have.

You’re still thinking that illegal-immigration and immigration are somehow the same thing

Why would those who oppose ILLEGAL immigration write their state rep regarding immigration?

Stealing from a shop is not the same as buying from a shop.

Trump is PRO immigration.

EVERY country on Earth is ANTI illegal immigration. Hence immigration laws.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

LOL, I'd ask you to back that up, but you can't.

Your bad ideas and poor opinions are noted and laughed at as needed.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've heard about illigal immigration for years and I'm all about never hearing about it again and if that means a wall to enforce our laws im all for it. Better then kicking the can down the road again and again.

Let the people who deserve the privilege of becoming a citizen and reject the gangbangers and drug dealers with past records. Most importantly deport the ones who came here illigally and let them do it the right way if they really wanna call themselves a citizen.

How come only south Americans have a problem immigrating legally?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You’re still thinking that illegal-immigration and immigration are somehow the same thing

Why would those who oppose ILLEGAL immigration write their state rep regarding immigration?

The general populace writes their state reps about EVERYTHING. In the past year I've seen more letters regarding oversize permitting fees than I have about any illegal immigration issue (though I do see the letters for those as well).

It's not a confusion, but I will admit the terms have become irrevocably intertwined among the masses.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The general populace writes their state reps about EVERYTHING. In the past year I've seen more letters regarding oversize permitting fees than I have about any illegal immigration issue (though I do see the letters for those as well).

It's not a confusion, but I will admit the terms have become irrevocably intertwined among the masses.

Only among those with low IQ

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You can send me a PM, I'll give you my name and job title if you'd like...

I've written what I do on these boards before.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The issue in the OP is the Mayor's attitude about arbitrarily ignoring actual laws on the basis of personal values. Do you feel everyone should do the same and only observe laws that align with their beliefs with no consequence? If no, then the rest of your argument is pointless deflection.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

LOL, your appeal to authority on an anonymous conspiracy site is cute, but laughable to the adults in the room.

I don't give a rats ass who you are, your words here are weak. Write better words, impress your neighbors with your hats and pins.

BTW, I am really important and strong. And as my avitar states, good with the ladies.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

LOL, your appeal to authority on an anonymous conspiracy site is cute, but laughable to the adults in the room.

I don't give a rats ass who you are, your words here are weak. Write better words, impress your neighbors with your hats and pins.

BTW, I am really important and strong. And as my avitar states, good with the ladies.

No, you're just delusional.

Here's a fun math exercise.

The wall has an estimated cost of $25B.

Since you've posted that half of the public that voted for Trump wants the wall (something along those lines, my words not yours), why don't all 62,984,828 people who "voted for the wall" pony up the money.

Illegal immigration is costing our country $135B annually (figure gathered from another delusional member).

All of those who voted for Trump can pay $396.92 and have their funding for the wall! That's actually a steal at the current rate these illegals are costing us.

Again, according to some delusional members, they are costing each and every American $415 annually in tax dollars.

So the people who want the wall can fully fund the thing, at a reduced rate!!!! WIN-WIN!!!

If only there was a GoFundMe account or something where people would quit whining and pony up their money....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This qualifies for me as another instance of a justifiable lack of confidence in a large swath of our elected leadership. That's no bueno.

They are not acting in good faith to uphold the laws , their oaths of office or to protect the public's faith in governance.

edit on 12 28 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I fail to see how they don't have an open and shut case for obstruction. She's admitted it in public, in front of camera's and witnesses.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Illegal aliens must kill a lot of people in our country. One was captured this morning who murdered a California police officer. MSNBC and CNN didn't bother covering it at all. Fox News carried the press conference announcing the capture of this murderer.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Representative Stephen King is correct. Beto, who is running for president in 2020, is deranged.

Beto says the welfare of migrants is more important than the welfare of border patrol agents, or police officers or anyone else for that matter.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..........

She is a domestic enemy. Sounds hyperbolic, but I don't think it is.

She is defying the rule of law and aiding and abetting criminals that are in our country illegally.

Just because she doesn't like ICE or the laws of the land, that doesn't give her the right to ignore them, much less violate them by tipping off illegals. That puts ICE agents in danger.

She should be prosecuted and jailed....period.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join