It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor insists she 'did the right thing' in tipping off illegal immigrants about ICE raid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If I may play devils advocate, during the "fake news" Democrat paid for caravan invasion, it was stated multiple times by posters here that it was an OBVIOUS dem set up with the mid terms coming up, timing is everything

May I point out that this also bares hallmarks of political spin (suprise suprise), as this story is from Feb 2018 but feels like it is being pushed (rightly or wrongly) as Trump wants to score points for wall funding, timing is everything

Enjoy your slightly late outrage though, wake up America you are being played from BOTH sides

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

And you're wrong, but still entitled to your OPINION. That's all it is.

Facts are illegal immigrants affect you whether you know it or not (and living in a sanctuary city you should know it).

You just proved my point that you are willfully ignorant on the subject.

Oh, and our military will build the wall regardless of your or any anti American democrats OPINION on it. WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE DUTY OF THE US MILITARY?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

this incident did happen a while back. But is this like Hillary's e-mails and after the obligatory 15 minutes, it's no longer a crime?

I do apologize for bringing this up, but it was a news article today, and it did hit on a hot button topic that exposes what appears to be a crime. And one that would likely be repeated based on the fact that the lady who did it seems proud to have done it.

And apparently the new idea is to overwhelm the border. That seems to be working splendidly. perhaps we should all just ignore this and other news items, to promote universal happiness!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

And you're wrong, but still entitled to your OPINION. That's all it is.

Facts are illegal immigrants affect you whether you know it or not (and living in a sanctuary city you should know it).

You just proved my point that you are willfully ignorant on the subject.

Oh, and our military will build the wall regardless of your or any anti American democrats OPINION on it. WHAT IS THE NUMBER ONE DUTY OF THE US MILITARY?

Alright, if you say so.

The wall will not be built, and anybody who believes it will be is a gullible moron. Sucker born every minute, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
perhaps we should all just ignore this and other news items, to promote universal happiness!

Really no need to apologise, we each have the ability to post what we want to, no one makes us press the button but ourselves

Timing is everything, there is a Christmas tree at least in this video

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If I ‘sneak’ into England and just start living there, working cash-only jobs and keeping away from the police.
I wonder if these absolute-total-morons in this thread would consider that to be acceptable?
I wonder if the mayor of Manchester would let me know whenever the cops were in the area looking for me?
What if I ‘sneak’ into Belgium? Would that be acceptable? What about Russia? Australia? Timor? The Gambia?

Why is it that some don’t want people to have to follow immigration laws? Why is it that some want people to sneak across the border under cover of darkness so that nobody even knows they’re here.
No identification
No documentation
No passport
Nothing.
Rapists, drug dealers, thieves, human traffickers, ALL perfectly acceptable in the mind of a moron.

Just let them in and let them stay.

A Mexican migrant is NOT an ‘illegal’. They’ve entered the United States through proper channels and been granted entry via immigration law.
ANYONE who sneaks across the border and ignores immigration law IS an illegal.

Trump is PRO immigration
Trump is anti ILLEGAL immigration
Republicans are PRO immigration
Republicans are anti ILLEGAL immigration

Like EVERY sane person on Earth

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I don't think you took "muh feelz" into account.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

But, you're just a racist. My feelings are hurt now.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: JDmOKI

How does your glorious life have anything to do with illigal immigrants breaking the laws of the country that allows you to be super awesome and live an awesome life.

Nothing, and that's the point. I don't concern myself with menial things like illegal immigration. Why would I care about something that doesn't affect me?

The same way I don't care about what you do in your life.

If you, or anybody else, thinks immigration is a big deal and affects you that's fine. It doesn't personally affect me, nor anybody I know (and I live in a "sanctuary city"), so why SHOULD I care about it?

Then why do you continue to post comments despite your great indifference?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

How does your glorious life have anything to do with illigal immigrants breaking the laws of the country that allows you to be super awesome and live an awesome life.

Nothing, and that's the point. I don't concern myself with menial things like illegal immigration. Why would I care about something that doesn't affect me?

If you, or anybody else, thinks immigration is a big deal and affects you that's fine. It doesn't personally affect me, nor anybody I know (and I live in a "sanctuary city"), so why SHOULD I care about it?

Because stupidity is going to be the downfall of this country and I like watching internet train wrecks...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Protecting your country and its citizen's is stupid? Hmm...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Because stupidity is going to be the downfall of this country and I like watching internet train wrecks...

You can watch without trying to be the star of the show. Maybe you can give that a try.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You can watch without trying to be the star of the show. Maybe you can give that a try.

Does anybody else hear the echo in here?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You do understand that you just described what a troll is, right?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't think you took "muh feelz" into account.

Exactly

Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

Precisely 100% of the ‘left’s’ argument right there.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Does anybody else hear the echo in here?

The "I am rubber you are glue" defense might work, had I claimed that the only reason I was participating in the thread is because I like "watching" the thread. I didn't, that was you. You would be the one that said you're here to watch the train wreck. Try to keep up with your own commentary, guy.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's a fun political dog whistle for some, but that's about it.

There are things that affect the majority, of this forum especially, to a far greater degree. Namely education.

You’re speaking about immigration and illegal-immigration as though they are somehow relatable to one another.

They are not even remotely related.

Buying an item from a shop is not remotely related to stealing an item from a shop.

Republicans are PRO immigration. It’s ILLEGAL immigration that people want to stop.

Immigration is not a ‘big deal’ to anyone, it’s a good thing.
ILLEGAL immigration affects the entire country. Which is why every single country on Earth has immigration laws.

Maybe it’s an IQ thing?
edit on 28 12 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: network dude

It was outrageous at the time and it is outrageous that this twit is now attempting to justify her mental illness.
Why wasn’t this idiot arrested and kicked out of office?

Because most of Oakland thinks like her.
Or came illegally or benefits by their being there.
The far Left has a chokehold on California.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join