It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor insists she 'did the right thing' in tipping off illegal immigrants about ICE raid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

no problem , squeeze whore in aswell

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: grey580

8 U.S. Code § 1324

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation

(iv) encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law

No arguing this..........

That mayor, groups that are U.S. based encouraging and sanctuary cities hiding all need be charged with what you've posted - no ambiguities there at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: network dude

"I'm for states rights and local control, except when I'm not..."

So you are for open borders?

I've honestly never thought about it. I'd have to see hard numbers and a detailed cost-benefit analysis. Unfortunately, these numbers and data relating to border security and what we actually spend combating illegal immigration vs. the net benefit on our bottom line in regards to illegal immigration are practically impossible to come by.

LOL, you have all kind of opinions, but apparently they are base on what CNN told you and not what you "knew". Why am I not surprised.

since there ins't a wall, there ins't data on how it might work. But, as I said somewhere else, watch this clip, and then think about how our borders are protected now. once you have done that, see it it gets any clearer.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

Out of curiosity. What Law did she violate?

And all those guys at that tea party in boston are in trouble now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice fake attempt to use out-of-context history against America.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Immigration is the sole purview of the federal government. Take a seat and find yourself an online civics class.

Thanks! I had no clue this forum was in the presence of such an esteemed and highly regarded legal mind.

I'd next like you to describe what "obstruction of justice" is and how it pertains to this Oakland Mayor.

Cool!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I've honestly never thought about it. I'd have to see hard numbers and a detailed cost-benefit analysis. Unfortunately, these numbers and data relating to border security and what we actually spend combating illegal immigration vs. the net benefit on our bottom line in regards to illegal immigration are practically impossible to come by.

LOL, you have all kind of opinions, but apparently they are base on what CNN told you and not what you "knew". Why am I not surprised.

since there ins't a wall, there ins't data on how it might work. But, as I said somewhere else, watch this clip, and then think about how our borders are protected now. once you have done that, see it it gets any clearer.

Wasn't talking about the wall, just illegal immigration in general.

I've got a nice chunk of money in the bank and a great job, illegal immigration doesn't "effect" me whatsoever

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Illegal immigrants total around $116 billion per year in the red for US taxpayers.

BUILD THE WALL

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Except is does, as it affects ALL Americans somehow. You just aren't intelligent or too willfully ignorant enough to figure out how.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I've got a nice chunk of money in the bank and a great job, illegal immigration doesn't "effect" me whatsoever

then all your words are just empty garbage cans? I hope the smell doesn't AFFECT you. I can live with my grammatical error. I suppose you can live with realizing you don't understand that which you argue against. But you look like you hold the moral high ground here, so in your eyes, YOU WIN!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

Except is does, as it affects ALL Americans somehow. You just aren't intelligent or too willfully ignorant enough to figure out how.

Again, my life is great with or without illegal immigrants in this country. They've prevented me from achieving nothing in life.

They're currently here, and my life is amazing. If they leave, my life will be amazing.

I'm sorry they occupy so much of your cranial space, and I apologize if your existence revolves around illegals. Do better, like me!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

then all your words are just empty garbage cans? I hope the smell doesn't AFFECT you. I can live with my grammatical error. I suppose you can live with realizing you don't understand that which you argue against. But you look like you hold the moral high ground here, so in your eyes, YOU WIN!

It's not a moral question. I just literally don't care.

I'm more concerned about OU covering 14 points on Saturday night.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We will do better, collectively as a country, once we get rid of the ppl leaching off of our money and social programs.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

We will do better, collectively as a country, once we get rid of the ppl leaching off of our money and social programs.

Last I checked, this country is amazing! Maybe it's just me though...

I'd love to kick off all the leaches though, more for me.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's not a moral question. I just literally don't care.

I'm more concerned about OU covering 14 points on Saturday night.

I'd invite you to look back on your posts that seem to reflect that you have an opinion, but you are obviously way smarter than I gave you credit for. I'm glad you are so wonderful. Please keep this post in mind before you speak about things involving the border again. I'm not sure you could take the blow to your ego, being show to be nothing more than a troll who isn't very good at his job.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How does your glorious life have anything to do with illigal immigrants breaking the laws of the country that allows you to be super awesome and live an awesome life.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Immigration is the sole purview of the federal government. Take a seat and find yourself an online civics class.

Thanks! I had no clue this forum was in the presence of such an esteemed and highly regarded legal mind.

I'd next like you to describe what "obstruction of justice" is and how it pertains to this Oakland Mayor.

Cool!!!!

Oh, I see.

You're a troll.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: grey580

8 U.S. Code § 1324

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation

(iv) encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law

And just for fun, here are the punishments for the above legal infractions (from the same link):

(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
    (i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and

(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

So, yes, it's a criminal offense, and the punishments are not trivial.

Being willfully ignorant, grey580, is not an excuse to trivialize when mayors of cities and other elected officials openly and happily break federal law without consequence.

And there was a consequence to things like the Boston Tea Party--it is referred to as The American Revolution. War is a pretty big consequence.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Don't screw the Feds and expect them to help you later. It doesn't work like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

How does your glorious life have anything to do with illigal immigrants breaking the laws of the country that allows you to be super awesome and live an awesome life.

Nothing, and that's the point. I don't concern myself with menial things like illegal immigration. Why would I care about something that doesn't affect me?

The same way I don't care about what you do in your life.

If you, or anybody else, thinks immigration is a big deal and affects you that's fine. It doesn't personally affect me, nor anybody I know (and I live in a "sanctuary city"), so why SHOULD I care about it?

It's a fun political dog whistle for some, but that's about it.

There are things that affect the majority, of this forum especially, to a far greater degree. Namely education.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Cool!!!!

Oh, I see.

You're a troll.

Sure....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join