It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland mayor insists she 'did the right thing' in tipping off illegal immigrants about ICE raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"I have no regrets, none. The more time goes by, the more certain I feel that I did the right thing in standing up for our community and pointing out our values are not aligned with our laws."

So for her, laws, are not important at all, only "values". I wonder what laws the city of Oakland does consider to be "laws"?

I'd love to hear why this is OK. In the past, it was always said, if you don't like a law, change it, but you can't just ignore it.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Out of curiosity. What Law did she violate?

And all those guys at that tea party in boston are in trouble now.

en.wikipedia.org...

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It was outrageous at the time and it is outrageous that this twit is now attempting to justify her mental illness.
Why wasn’t this idiot arrested and kicked out of office?

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow?
You are trying to compare what she did to that?
There is a reason they are called “illegals”......they are in the country ILLEGALLY.

There seem to be at least three apparent violations of the law by the mayor:
18 U.S. Code 2(a) Aiding and Abetting – “Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.” In layman’s terms, it means assisting in someone else’s commission of a crime.

18 U.S. Code 3 Accessory after the fact – “Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.”

18 U.S. Code 1503 Obstruction of Justice – “Whoever corruptly by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be punished.”

netrightdaily.com...
edit on 28-12-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

8 U.S. Code § 1324

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation

(iv) encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
By that logic, it should be okay to tip off any kind of illegal operation to a law enforcement raid.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

well, this is what she said:

"I have no regrets, none. The more time goes by, the more certain I feel that I did the right thing in standing up for our community and pointing out our values are not aligned with our laws."

So while you may have some trouble understanding her words, I'll try to simplify they as best I can.

We have laws, that allow for bad men to be arrested. If you tell the bad men that "the po po is coming", they usually hide. So while she didn't break that law, she did obstruct those who were trying to enforce it.

If the Red Coats would have won, would the folks at the Tea party have been heroes, or criminals?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They are seeing if they can charge her with obstruction.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Those tea party dudes are dead ...........so they have bigger problems.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

"eh"

🤓

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"I'm for states rights and local control, except when I'm not..."

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

So you are for open borders?

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's funny how, in the course of explaining why she's such a wonderful person for doing what she did, she keeps talking about "our values" and "our community values" and "the city's values."

Yea, because Oakland is a shining beacon of morality and decency, and that's what we want all of America to look like: Oakland.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My values concerning gun laws aren't in alignment either.

Guess this bimbo just set precedent!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh, my values concerning paying taxes aren't in alignment with the laws either!

Thank you bimbo!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you are for open borders?

I've honestly never thought about it. I'd have to see hard numbers and a detailed cost-benefit analysis. Unfortunately, these numbers and data relating to border security and what we actually spend combating illegal immigration vs. the net benefit on our bottom line in regards to illegal immigration are practically impossible to come by.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Bimbo", the lack of respect for women on this site decreases each an every passing day, so you dont agree with her, thats fine thats life, but your first response includes a name calling, forget the debate lets just denounce each other

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Bimbo", the lack of respect for women on this site decreases each an every passing day, so you dont agree with her, thats fine thats life, but your first response includes a name calling, forget the debate lets just denounce each other

"Bimbo" was easier to write than "Syphilitic traitorous whore anti-American authoritarian".

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Hopefully she spends time in jail for obstruction of justice and any other charge they have to end her with.

People like this dont have "values", they have agendas.
edit on 28 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Immigration is the sole purview of the federal government. Take a seat and find yourself an online civics class.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join