It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what should Trump do about the shutdown?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: network dude

Trump should agree to whatever congress budgets then re-open government. . . . . .

And then shut down the border completely until he gets funding for the wall.

Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”?

Because people are crossing illegally.

Hence the term; Illegal Aliens.

You're welcome.

So shutting down the border prevents illegal crossings? Sound logic you got there...

Keep fighting the good fight

El oh el.

No. Shutting down the border (an act well within the rights of POTUS) will harm democrat congressional districts in California and districts along the southern border.

Maybe that will spur republicans and democrats to actually get off their fat asses and do something instead of flapping their gums.

Harm them how? Please, use your words.

This is rich.

If you aren't bright enough to see it, then no matter how much I draw the picture will help.

Have a nice day.

Must not be. Please, enlighten me bright one.

Don’t use words that are too big, I might not understand 😂😂😂

Sorry, I tried.

sadly, all you can do is stop accepting the folks who come through the legal crossings. Since there ins't a wall, the illegals can still swim across the river and run through the desert. It's almost as if, ......the wall......might......stop or at least hinder those who would break our immigration laws.

this was my explanation to your question "Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”? "

If you could, please let me know where you lost it at. I'll do my best to clarify, but it's kind of already simplified.

It was in response to DBC stating that shutting down border harming Democratic congressional districts along the Southern border....

I was not responding to your hilarious stance on the wall. Keep up...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Trump should give them no more than two middle fingers.

He'd have to find them first. How the hell do you expect him to locate those two after he's counted/inventoried the lot?

Are you suggesting he cannot count? The hatred makes his victories all the more sweeter.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He'd have to find them first. How the hell do you expect him to locate those two after he's counted/inventoried the lot?

Are you suggesting he cannot count? The hatred makes his victories all the more sweeter.

So much winning. Are we tired of winning yet???

Choo choo....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

what part did you find funny?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
As expected, short sighted and ignorant. People be damned, stand your ground. Thank you for providing further proof why republicans are a death cult of party over county and why they can’t be trusted to govern. a reply to: network dude

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So much winning. Are we tired of winning yet???

Choo choo....

Not at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's so fun to see all these people on the Right suddenly becoming anarchists.

What, did the entire federal government and all state and local governments evaporate?

There's no rules! Party!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It would be tough to pick out my absolute favorite, but if I had to choose from your ramblings that made me laugh...

For the record, the shutdown hasn't effected me yet.

...this one stands out. I spit out water with the image of George Lucas/Michael Bay using their CGI magic on you.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

As expected, short sighted and ignorant. People be damned, stand your ground. Thank you for providing further proof why republicans are a death cult of party over county and why they can’t be trusted to govern.

Isn't standing their ground exactly what the Democrats are doing as well?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
As expected, short sighted and ignorant. People be damned, stand your ground. Thank you for providing further proof why republicans are a death cult of party over county and why they can’t be trusted to govern. a reply to: network dude

Sorry, wait... does the Republican party advocate letting in non-citizens to take jobs from citizens, suck on welfare meant for citizens, commit crimes against citizens and spread diseases to citizens we've had under control for decades... for the apparent benefit of a new voting demographic?

And *they* are the "death cult of party over country"?

Nice hyperbole.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Where do you get hatred? He's the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well Congress and the Senate didn't think it was bad enough to keep them from going on vacation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

It's fun to see people not understand what the right is. The Right has always been for a smaller restricted government. so the EXTREME right is always for anarchists.... Just like the left is always for a bigger more controller Government so the EXTREME left becomes Communism... or worst, but I won't go there.

People still do not even know what Anarchy really is.... It does not mean without rules or laws... It means without rulers. That is the definition they do not want you to know.
edit on 28-12-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

well, each senator is free to vote as they see fit??
that's where the compromise comes in.

and you say you agree with the idea of cloture because it prevents either party from ruling from a thin majority...
well, you kind of sound like you might want that thin majority to rule now.

and, just because some people don't really like the idea of trump's wall does not mean that they want "open borders" that allow people to just flow back and forth unchallenged. there's been numerous reasons given to not want it that seem to be reasonable.
there's one that I really don't hear much being said about.

Cuellar emphasized that the land seizures “could take years,” noting that scores of eminent domain lawsuits still are pending from the last time the federal government seized land a decade ago under the George W. Bush administration to build the first sections of border fencing in the Valley.

www.texastribune.org...

we still haven't managed to get through the legal process to put up the fence that money was appropriated for a decade ago. Not to mention the $1.6 billion that was approved earlier this year, which will take about another decade of lawsuits in the courts. Decades upon decades of the gov't fighting to take the property rights of american citizens!!! probably the bulk of the tax money is going just to take people's land than is going to actually throw up a fence, or build a wall to block the people south of the border from walking in while people from all over the world is flying in on temporary visas and just not leaving when they are supposed to.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It would be tough to pick out my absolute favorite, but if I had to choose from your ramblings that made me laugh...

...this one stands out. I spit out water with the image of George Lucas/Michael Bay using their CGI magic on you.

wow, that one was indeed hilarious. Now, when you asked "Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”? "

and I replied:

sadly, all you can do is stop accepting the folks who come through the legal crossings. Since there ins't a wall, the illegals can still swim across the river and run through the desert. It's almost as if, ......the wall......might......stop or at least hinder those who would break our immigration laws.

then you said:

...sigh.... Best of luck in life

I was a bit lost. You asked a stupid question, I offered a logical answer, then you replied with another stupid response. And now you are the grammar police. Perhaps we should slow down and start at the beginning. Do you understand what I wrote about the border? DO you grasp that without a barrier, some people will not follow the rules?

I have an idea. Watch this clip, and then see if you can grasp the context of why it applies to our current situation.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Most right-wingers are one step away from Anarchists, what are you talking about. It's the left that has all the authoritarian baggage, the right are usually adults who can look after themselves without the need for government titties.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Laughter is common in many acts of cruelty and bullying.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

One really good option: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Laughter is common in many acts of cruelty and bullying.

But enough about Trump

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

wow, that one was indeed hilarious. Now, when you asked "Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”? "

and I replied:

then you said:

...sigh.... Best of luck in life

I was a bit lost. You asked a stupid question, I offered a logical answer, then you replied with another stupid response. And now you are the grammar police. Perhaps we should slow down and start at the beginning. Do you understand what I wrote about the border? DO you grasp that without a barrier, some people will not follow the rules?

I have an idea. Watch this clip, and then see if you can grasp the context of why it applies to our current situation.

It's nice to see you were educated by Mel Brooks, that makes one of us.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join