It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what should Trump do about the shutdown?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

a reply to: network dude

Trump should agree to whatever congress budgets then re-open government. . . . . .

And then shut down the border completely until he gets funding for the wall.

Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”?

Because people are crossing illegally.

Hence the term; Illegal Aliens.

You're welcome.

This is good logic, because when you think this way, once the wall is built anyone who crosses (either over/under or even through the gate) is legal!

Problem solved

you really aren't this daft are you? no logical argument, so this is what you offer? how the mighty have fallen.

link   

Trump should agree to whatever congress budgets then re-open government. . . . . .

You're welcome.

So shutting down the border prevents illegal crossings? Sound logic you got there...

Keep fighting the good fight

El oh el.

No. Shutting down the border (an act well within the rights of POTUS) will harm democrat congressional districts in California and districts along the southern border.

Maybe that will spur republicans and democrats to actually get off their fat asses and do something instead of flapping their gums.

Harm them how? Please, use your words.

This is rich.

link   
I love how so many people are laying this debacle at Trump's feet when it takes all three branches to pass spending bills and enforce laws. If any branch in government deserves recognition for gridlock year over year and historically consistent at ticking off the American people its congress. If it's all Trump's fault then Congress should be able to pass a bill with a veto-proof majority since the Congress was given this power for cases such as the one they would have you believe has taken place.

This folks is a prime example of legislative and the Judicial branches trying to put their boot across the neck of the Executive branch in an attempt to remove its ability to do its job.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Nice spaghetti logic.

My apologies; I forgot to draw a politician's face on a turd.

I'll try to do better next time.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer

You're welcome.

This is good logic, because when you think this way, once the wall is built anyone who crosses (either over/under or even through the gate) is legal!

Problem solved

you really aren't this daft are you? no logical argument, so this is what you offer? how the mighty have fallen.

Awww c'mon dude, lighten up. I think this is more accurately how the humorless are still humorless.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

All citizens get one vote, regardless of what state they live in. Sucks, don't it? All that equality for everyone...

Doesn't suck at all , I'm arguing that a citizen's vote matters regardless of what state they live in or party you vote for.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You're welcome.

So shutting down the border prevents illegal crossings? Sound logic you got there...

El oh el.

No. Shutting down the border (an act well within the rights of POTUS) will harm democrat congressional districts in California and districts along the southern border.

Maybe that will spur republicans and democrats to actually get off their fat asses and do something instead of flapping their gums.

This is rich.

If you aren't bright enough to see it, then no matter how much I draw the picture will help.

Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: dragonridr

Now Trumps best option here don't play let the government shut down. Because no matter the outcome he will catch the blame. So if hes going to take the heat he might as well get what he wants.

Bingo. that is the entire point.

The biggest point is that trump should revisit his tweets about the shutdown during Obama's tenure as president and take his own advices...

Besides there has never been a shutdown with a majority house and Senate... this is the first time a shutdown occurred with a bright red maga government and a vice president with the power to tip any bills in his favor as final vote. ...

"A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak."
~Donald Trump, 2013#TrumpShutdown

see, he can't win, so he might as well get what he wants. Again, my point.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You're welcome.

El oh el.

This is rich.

If you aren't bright enough to see it, then no matter how much I draw the picture will help.

Have a nice day.

Must not be. Please, enlighten me bright one.

Don’t use words that are too big, I might not understand 😂😂😂

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

Nice spaghetti logic.

My apologies; I forgot to draw a politician's face on a turd.

I'll try to do better next time.

TheRedneck

I appreciate the apology, and wish you the best on your budding turdart.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
yes.... the whiplash stock market AND the 'no-new-Budget' Government Shutdown are Trumps' tar babies/milestones/consequences to Bear.

I hope he has the guts to see the Shutdown continue until the lawmakers (both Dems & Repubs) come to their senses and recognize that open borders and uncontrolled migration are both un-Sustainable and Existential in nature.

the 'open house' foisted on the Nation by the Globalists and the liberal left zombie army is anti-Peace in the final analysis
edit on th31154601052028222018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Remember that only a week or two ago his enemies were joking that he changed his mind on the wall. Now they lament the government shutdown. It makes no sense why they won’t just give him his wall, save for pure hatred and obstructionism. Trump should give them no more than two middle fingers.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Now Trumps best option here don't play let the government shut down. Because no matter the outcome he will catch the blame. So if hes going to take the heat he might as well get what he wants.

The biggest point is that trump should revisit his tweets about the shutdown during Obama's tenure as president and take his own advices...

Besides there has never been a shutdown with a majority house and Senate... this is the first time a shutdown occurred with a bright red maga government and a vice president with the power to tip any bills in his favor as final vote. ...

"A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak."

No, he knew what to do then and he knew whom was the catalyst to blame.

Therefore, this should be a breeze for him or not have happened at all.
No? Has the context of a shutdown changed this time?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

which it seems depends on who will blink first, the dems in congress, or trump..

Duh.

many of them probably have the training and skills needed to get much better paying jobs in the private sector.

Detail agents aren't there for the money. The job sucks, and if it was about the money as you imply, they do have skills and training to go get a better paying job with an easier schedule. They don't, because it's not about the money.

they might decide to stay but if it's too far down the road, maybe not.

Which also applies at literally any other time during any person's career, ever, anywhere.

they aren't gonna be working for free and coming to a home that is a homeless shelter to stand in line with their family in a soup line! i

You're right, they won't. I know you're trying to use the slippery slope fallacy here, but I'm gonna avoid that and take your statement literally, and agree completely.

is that forward thinking enough for you???

You tried.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Trump should give them no more than two middle fingers.

He'd have to find them first. How the hell do you expect him to locate those two after he's counted/inventoried the lot?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Doesn't suck at all , I'm arguing that a citizen's vote matters regardless of what state they live in or party you vote for.

Oh, my apologies. I thought you were saying that anyone not in those two states shouldn't have as much of a voice.

Read like it anyway...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You're welcome.

El oh el.

This is rich.

Have a nice day.

Must not be. Please, enlighten me bright one.

Don’t use words that are too big, I might not understand 😂😂😂

Sorry, I tried.

sadly, all you can do is stop accepting the folks who come through the legal crossings. Since there ins't a wall, the illegals can still swim across the river and run through the desert. It's almost as if, ......the wall......might......stop or at least hinder those who would break our immigration laws.

this was my explanation to your question "Why do you need a wall if you can just “shut down the border”? "

If you could, please let me know where you lost it at. I'll do my best to clarify, but it's kind of already simplified.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No, he knew what to do then and he knew whom was the catalyst to blame.

Therefore, this should be a breeze for him or not have happened at all.
No? Has the context of a shutdown changed this time?

um... he asked for a wall, they told him if he passed the omnibus bill, they would give him a wall later. Now later is here, and no wall. I'm not smart, but could you explain where he went wrong? I mean other than to trust politicians.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

One man could not buy a headstone, for his wife who passed.

No emergency here. She isn't going anywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: iplay1up2

One man could not buy a headstone, for his wife who passed.

No emergency here. She isn't going anywhere.

that one puzzled me as well. I know most folks who pass, don't get a headstone for a while. They guy who makes them is off until after new years anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join