It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what should Trump do about the shutdown?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There is no reason for a shutdown. We pay our representatives to make sure it doesn't happen. All of them, on both sides of the aisle, need to understand that. Your pet project isn't worth putting thousands of people out of work. Your ideology isn't worth your employees going to the private sector.

I said this in other places during the Obama shutdowns. There is no excuse but greed and hubris.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here is an idea for every illegal we are having to pay for we send a bill to their homelands or we I don't know place a tariff on imported goods from those lands or a tax on money leaving for those lands. If illegal immigration would start stinging countries they are coming from it will be stopped by said countries.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I also think certain business owners also have the responsibility to not hire illegals to do their grunt work.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
There is no reason for a shutdown. We pay our representatives to make sure it doesn't happen. All of them, on both sides of the aisle, need to understand that. Your pet project isn't worth putting thousands of people out of work. Your ideology isn't worth your employees going to the private sector.

I said this in other places during the Obama shutdowns. There is no excuse but greed and hubris.

you are completely correct IMHO. And in the Utopian world you mentioned, I can't help but wonder, would the leader of that nation have a large portion of the Media and a good bit of the governing body against him and try on a continual basis to ruin him and make him look worse than he actually is? I only ask, because that scenario sounds eerily familiar.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Is the opinion of the people in those two states regarded as less than the opinion of other Americans ?

You don't understand the purpose/reason of/for the electoral college.

The Federal Government was created as an Agent of the States.

The Electoral College is an ingenious way to make sure that larger concentrations of populations in one or two states cannot force their will on the other 48 States and their populations.

It is part of the checks and balances.

It is a very good thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He should have more photos and info like this exposed to the public.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Happy 23rd !

<< 7  8  9   >>

join