It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide CenturyLink outage affecting 911 calls in Western Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

CenturyLink customers in Utah and around the nation are reporting services are not working.
www.google.com... turylink-service-down-customers-businesses-affected-by-widespread-outages%2F&psig=AOvVaw2E1eiszZwMZFBa8ZjP3kza&ust=1546070965088691/exnews]
Developing : 911 Emergency call services down Around the Country!

edit on 28-12-2018 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2018 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/28/2018 by semperfortis because: Corrected the made up headline

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
People in Washington are getting emergency cell phone alerts warning of the outage.
Post any news you find it seems to be spreading.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Get a real link up

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Got one in Wa State as well.. It was loud and woke the house up.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Struggling with my mobile, maybe a mod could clean up OP?
www.google.com... turylink-service-down-customers-businesses-affected-by-widespread-outages%2F&psig=AOvVaw2E1eiszZwMZFBa8ZjP3kza&ust=1546070965088691

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The Great Day

I can’t find any info and none of your links are working...
I’m not saying you are lying I find this to be troubling given recent statements other outage earlier just this month...
I suggest people all over get familiar with local emergency numbers so they don’t have to rely on 911..
It’s not beyond the possibility that this is and other actions are probes and possibly part of a much larger scale sinister plan...
For a wide scale event and utter confusion to maximize duration and damages...
Don’t be complacent when msn wags the dogs tail and offers “their” version...
Just be prepared...
edit on 28-12-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I got the alert on my TV and on my phone, here in Kent, WA.

EDIT- I have a Metro phone which was recently purchased by TMobile and is now known as Metro By TMobile. If that matters.

I don't know if I have 911 or not...
edit on 12/28/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

So the 911 system is still working except for those people using centurylink and whomever provides the towers they piggyback off of.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Nationwide CenturyLink outage affecting 911 calls in Western Washington - A nationwide CenturyLink outage is impacting the ability for some to call 911.

CenturyLink is experiencing a nationwide issue that is impacting the ability for some people to call 911.

According to the North East King County Regional Public Safety Communication Agency (NORCOM), citizens are reporting problems dialing 911 and received a fast busy signal when trying to call.

RELATED: Nationwide internet outage affects CenturyLink customers

NORCOM says if you dial 911 and receive a fast busy signal, hang up and try using a different phone. If you still experience issues and you are in NORCOM’s service area, you can text 911 or call the emergency line at 425-577-5656.

Click here for a map of NORCOM's service area.

Chelan County Emergency Management posted on Twitter Thursday night that 911 lines for cell phones and landlines are down statewide.

"For emergency assistance during this time, call RiverCom's business line at 509-663-9911," the tweet read.

CenturyLink is aware of the issue and is working to restore customer service.

"CenturyLink engineers have identified a network element that was impacting customer services and are addressing the issue in order to fully restore services. We estimate services will be fully restored within 4 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused our customers," the company said in a tweet at 8:47 p.m. PST.

Source is K5 News out of washington.
edit on 28-12-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We already got people trying to break into cars in my apartments parking lot... according to warning text from neighbor. We watch each others backs.

I told my roommate its gonna be like The Purge out here... the criminals know there's no 911 cause they got the alerts too on their phone...

I'll just shout out my 2nd story window every 15 minutes or so: "Hey, you better get the F outta here RIGHT NOW!" just in case someone is out there in the dark messin around...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is that how it works? Seems weak for such an important service to be using a single internet provider.
I stumbled on this in a chat people where talking about getting alerts on their phones.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I was thinking thugs could be taking advantage of this! Stay safe man, just goes to show how little it takes for the balance to get tipped. Imagine if ATMs and card machine's stopped working....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Even if 911 doesn't work, you can call your local police station. They have different phone numbers. At least that's how it works in my area (NJ).

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Sorry about the links, others are posting some. I agree with you totally...we know that big stuff is coming down the pipe. Prepare for the worst hope for the best.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That's true you can look up a specific departments # close to you....fire, police, ambulance. Not ideal in a life or death situation but possible.
Let's just hope it gets resolved quickly and not be part of a bigger problem like hackers with a serious aggenda.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Even if 911 doesn't work, you can call your local police station. They have different phone numbers. At least that's how it works in my area (NJ).

True. There should be a number to call the front desk of every police station.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Why not just try calming down and just chill out America?

Take a break with those you love... if you have no-one to love then just love yourself.

Go for it ....

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Good advice, loving myself now LOL

Outage Map
downdetector.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link