It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war ever moral in the eyes of Jesus or God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What about all those times God is all hey man kill them all like kill the old ones the ugly ones the young ones the wamens the childrens and all the mans..

God sanctioned genocide has got to be righteous, right?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No men sanctioned genocide not God (though he destroy's world's just as he create's them especially when they are rotten to the core and he does not like doing so but God can get very angry seeing the beautiful world he created rotted by evil maggot's), the only time that ever happened in the bible that may have been granted by God was when Israel were told to take the inheritance which GOD had given there ancestor at Bethel.

The problem was that there were pagan's whom sacrificed children in the arms of brass idol's that had flame's in there belly's so that the baby once placed in that idol's arms would burn or cook to death living in that land, God had no love for those people whom would kill children sacrificing them to brass idol's so he let Israel drive them from the land which he had never given to them - land which he HAD given to Israel.

That is OLD testament stuff.

But as to God's OWN word's.
Every single one of these command's those people whom GOD had turned his back upon were breaking either directly or indirectly and doing so in the very land he had already given to Jacob.
www.the-ten-commandments.org...
Today most people are breaking them again, note the fifth command, today they put there parents' into old folk's home's and walk away forgetting that the same shall then be done to them, as you sow so shall you reap.

The man you are quoting if not accurately was Arnaud Amalric, I personally do NOT regard this man as a saint but as a mass murderer and likely he received a very frosty reception from St Peter.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

What
Do you read what you write

Jesus immediately healed the mans ear, immediately
Does that make sense in context to your argument, an argument I don’t really understand

Are you suggesting killing a person is loving, do you make that judgement, do you know what a person thinks, who are you? God?

Buying a sword was a reference to prophesy, having a sword meant Jesus was amongst transgressors, weapons for overthrowing the authority’s meant a death sentence
It had a far deeper meaning than what you are assuming

Jesus is God so Jesus gets to judge with righteousness and anger
Christians are not God so we can’t
You don’t decide what is on or off the table for me

posted on Jan, 4 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus is God so Jesus gets to judge with righteousness and anger Christians are not God so we can’t You don’t decide what is on or off the table for me

Jesus was not and has never been God. Jesus was the begotten Son of God as He was the terrestrial Jesus. Before He was born of terrestrial flesh He was the begotten Word of God and was God But He was not God as you have suggested.

John_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I clearly pointed this out to you but apparently you overlooked or did not read what the Apostle John wrote. Re read John 20:17 and realize that you have been taught wrong. Jesus was never the Most High EL and in fact will give His authority back to His Most High El as the end comes.

1Corinthians_15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

It cannot be more clearer than what is written by the Apostles. Jesus was never and had never claimed that He was a god.
In fact the Jerusalem Sanhedrin of seventy tried Jesus on that very premise and found him not guilty of that claim of being a god but was the Son of God.

Now getting back to the anger thing that you seem not to agree upon. Yes, God has anger and has always had anger. Jesus had anger and showed His anger very clearly as the Son of God [not as a god because He was not a god.] Show me in scriptures of the NT where righteous anger is forbidden? Are you implying that Jesus taught unconditional love and that hell is Scripturally untrue? Would you explain in detail by the authority of the scriptures where it is shown that justification does not include righteous anger?

The last and most important is to not become so excitable and demeaning in expressing your opinions. Expressing opinions does not mean any one of us is correct but only that what we perceive is correct. lol

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Meh, JW.org doesn’t control me

Anyway, Jesus is God, the Trinity I am content and believe it, you can believe what you want but don’t tell me what to believe

Irrespective about the trinity

Go read the sermon on the mount and then what the fruit of the Spirit is

But I guess it’s clear that you can’t comprehend the trinity so understanding Christ’s “our Gods” teaching won’t come to clearly so I don’t expect anything

Jesus is God, His anger is righteous, mankind’s is not

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Text Meh, JW.org doesn’t control me

I can say the the same. I am of no organized religion of Roman influence and that is not the conversation here at this time. The conversation is centered upon whether Jesus was God as He was Jesus and the Scriptural answers were given to you as I have written. If you think your opinions are more worthy than the teachings of the Apostles of the Christ Jesus then you are in great danger of more than simply misunderstanding. Don't be foolish and denigrate the Most High El.

I would ask you again to show NT scripture in your understanding that Jesus was God as He was Jesus without skirting the question. I do not deny the Holy Spirit God in any sense of the NT teachings. Show your NT scriptures and explain your premise. You seem to not have any such answers for your own self taught religion. Your pride is an embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He IS God the SON only the Jehovah's witness deny that he was God and they will let a child die or a mother in child birth when blood could save them.

Start with John.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

You would NOT even exist if it were not for Jesus, he came into his own and it knew him not.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Start with John. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Yes, I understand John and I realize that the Begotten Word was God in the celestial realm. The Word is our Creator and is the likeness and image of the Most High El just as Moses has written. But through all of that is not the discussion here. The discussion here is that Jesus was not God as He was Jesus. After the Word [Creator] became flesh in the guise of Jesus, He [Word] became the Son of man while still retaining His spiritual memory of the being the Word.

2Peter 1:16-18
(16) For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
(17) 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
(18) And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

As one studies the NT and understands that as Jesus was resurrected from the terrestrial substance and restored to His Celestial substance that only His name remains as to be taught by this creation. Jesus the Son of man is forever dead and will never return as Jesus the Son of man. He has now resurrected back to His former position as ' The Word Of God" and shall return as "The Word Of God".

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Jesus taught those who choose to follow Him that no violence is acceptable, not even anger.

Did Jesus go into the temple and show righteous anger to the money changers and simply scold them and then walk out?

John_2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

The temple is a holy and sacred place. The street vendors had totally disregarded the temple. Just imagine the animals defecating all over the place. Outright disrespect. Even if you do not belong to that religion, you just don't do that to someone's place of worship. You have every right to get angry.
edit on 15-1-2019 by syndicatesyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2019 by syndicatesyn because: changed reason to right.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There 300 countries in the world and 7 billion people. When and why is war ever moral? Is it okay to attack a nation over thought crimes. Say a country thought bad thoughts or spoke bad thoughts is it morally okay to genocide the nation's population because there might be some future aggressive act? Is war never a moral solution?

If war is moral, please state why Jesus would be okay with it?

The atomic bomb dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed scores of innocent noncombatant people. They include women, children, the unborn, pregnant, the elderly, and etc. This made Japan surrender. Was it justified? Was it moral? Or, was it simply a war strategy to stop Japan from killing more innocent lives? If you were the President, what would you do given the dire circumstances?

War can be really nasty. But, if we are going to argue about what is right and wrong, whether or not to drop the atomic bomb, wasting precious time, lives, and resources that are dwindling, your enemy will take the opportunity and would not hesitate to slaughter each and every one of you.

Same thing with the Old Testament. Israel was never the one to provoke war. It was their enemies. Time and time again they did this to Israel, unrepentant. So, what did Israel do? They slaughter their enemies and erase them from the face of this planet, making sure no one will be spared in case another generation arises which will make sure to take their vengeance upon their children and their children's children. Total wipe out.

The same thing will happen in the coming future, when the Most High will arrive on this planet. There will be slaughter. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. You don't want to be at the receiving end of his wrath. He has given people ample time to repent from their ways and what did they do? They massacred scores of people just because they believed in Christ. They have done this before, sending Christians to the lion's den, have them beheaded, boiled in oil and burned at the stake.

"Vengeance is mine, I will repay", says the Most High.

Pastors today and teachers of Christianity have badly painted the Most High as someone to be always good and understanding, meek and humble who couldn't hurt a fly. They are afraid to even discuss the Old Testament.

They should tell who the Most High really is. He is someone to be feared and not messed with.
edit on 16-1-2019 by syndicatesyn because: Edited errors

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: syndicatesyn

They should tell who the Most High really is.

Agreed, so should some others when they're quoting from a bible translation that removes and replaces an important part of His identification.

Deuteronomy 32:35,36a (ASV)

35 Vengeance is mine, and recompense, At the time when their foot shall slide: For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things that are to come upon them shall make haste.
36 For Jehovah will judge his people, ...

Likewise, Darby Bible Translation and Young's Literal Translation have "Jehovah" (God's personal name) there, not "the Most High" (a title). Because the Hebrew also uses God's personal name there, and not the Hebrew words for "the Most High" (which are used elsewhere so you can clearly see the difference; the title "the Most High" is used once in the entire chapter and applied to Jehovah, whose personal name is mentioned 9 times in the chapter, approx. 7000 times in the entire Bible, seems more significant than that title. It is the most frequently mentioned personal name in the Bible).

“Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: ‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.’”* (Romans 12:19; NW)

*: see App. A5 The Divine Name in the Christian Greek Scriptures (NW)

Use of the Divine Name in the Christan Greek Scriptures; NWT NIV COMPARE.

Vatican seeks to eliminate use of the Divine Name

Try not to repeat the arguments promoted by the Vatican in the video above please (if anyone feels like responding to this comment). You'lll just end up showing your true colors and feelings towards Jehovah and I've heard it all before anyway. As the red herrings about the exact spelling have been repeated to me numerous times on this subforum as well. The spelling one chooses in the English language is not the point of this comment and it would completely ignore the things and arguments discussed and responded to in the links above.
edit on 16-1-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
John 8:7- Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

All these wars being fought are the result of greed and wickedness. If people read the Old Testament carefully, they would see that the Israelites had to consult God before going to war. I highly doubt any of these world leaders sought to ask God's permission, and we shouldn't blindly follow them.

There were three nations- Nation A, Nation B, and Nation C- each professing to be following in the ways of God. One day a spat broke out between the three nations, and they all claimed they would go to war in the name of God. They went to war with each other and many were slaughtered. Now then, if all claimed to be godly, which nation was justified in their killing?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
According to The Words of Jesus Christ that revealed The Merciful Heavenly Father in The Gospels, fighting and revenge and war is of this world. The Children of God are not of this world, so The Children of God were commanded by Jesus Christ not fight and instead choose to forgive and love.

" Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." - John 18:36

" Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." - Matthew 26:52

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:44-45
edit on 3-17-2019 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join