It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war ever moral in the eyes of Jesus or God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
There 300 countries in the world and 7 billion people. When and why is war ever moral? Is it okay to attack a nation over thought crimes. Say a country thought bad thoughts or spoke bad thoughts is it morally okay to genocide the nation's population because there might be some future aggressive act? Is war never a moral solution?

If war is moral, please state why Jesus would be okay with it?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

There is always ulterior motive's for all war...

Fighting for rich men's agenda's is never moral

So i wouldn't believe they would approve.. depending on which "God" we're talkin about here of course

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Defense. If you have smart people in your country who only wish to have a space where they can be themselves and live their happy little lifes and on the other side of the border you have people insane with hate, who only want to kill your people because of fairy tales...
At some point you'd have to wipe them out. If they don't want to develop and can't get over history &/or religion.

I don't believe god made you smart and capable so you lay flat on your back and let the barbaric illiterate hords trample over you.
All, everything and always with as little suffering as possible. The best war is over in a second. Metaphorically. Might be a minute in real life.
Like killing a rabid dog, swift and to the point. To let it suffer in it's crazed state would be ungodly.

War for ressources on the other hand for dominance and strategy is never really just.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Jesus taught those who choose to follow Him that no violence is acceptable, not even anger.
God in the Old Testament used war as a form of earthly justice.
Kind of like what many countries in the West do in the Middle East today

It just doesn't work
That's why we can never mix Christianity and politics, Jesus forbade Christians to fight under any circumstances
Secular governments are not afraid of war and killing in the name of oil, oops I meant peace

So no, Jesus died, death is better than killing
Hacksaw Ridge is a great story of what a Christians roll in a war can be

What I am always surprised about is how many non Christians don't accept the death sentence, showing their christian education I guess

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Self-defense is moral, but not the BS wars we fight for the Globsl Elites. I am very anti-war, but also very pro self-defense.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There 300 countries in the world and 7 billion people. When and why is war ever moral? Is it okay to attack a nation over thought crimes. Say a country thought bad thoughts or spoke bad thoughts is it morally okay to genocide the nation's population because there might be some future aggressive act? Is war never a moral solution?

The Bible and many other religious texts are FILLED with calls from God to "go into the city and kill every living thing....man woman and child".

So...when it serves God's purposes...what do you think? Innocent children, woman, animals....?
edit on 28-12-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What is war?.
Is it two men walking outside to settle there differences.
OR
Is it the result of an invasion or need to control territory were one party is the aggressor and the other is merely trying to defend itself?.
Are some invasion's morally justified in the case of an invasion to liberate a nation from an evil dictatorship - and whom makes the moral choice in that when all such invasion's inevitably lead to the innocent becoming the victim regardless of the justification of the invasion?.

As Akragon point's out most wars are about Greed, Control, Resources and power.

They are fought in the name of people but NEVER for the people - Except when they are wars against oppression BY the people.

We were justified in WW2 fighting against the NAZI's, how we then ended the war however is another matter as once the good fight had been fought the greedy divided the spoil's up between themselves and the people once again suffered in many cases.

Wars driven by Ideology such as Capitalism and Communism are equally evil, they equally walk over the people and trample them down.

Wars fought in the name of Ideology's such as Religion are often justified in the sight of BOTH sides but I doubt that they are ever justified in the sight of God.

God is the God of the Victim's, the Innocent whom have been trampled down and this world is actually doomed living on borrowed time.

There is already a war, the main antagonist we call the Devil, call him an alien or other dimensional being's, ex corporeal of higher dimensional but purely malign toward us is hiding down here among us trapped while the rest of his forces far and wide across the entire universe are mopped up and disposed of, when that has been done then this world is for the fire, a new earth and a new heaven await - the VICTIM's but not the perpetrators.
The devil offers those he has tried to turn into a small army down here in the hope that it may buy him a few more second's of life paradise, sex slaves pandering to there mortal flesh and wine which he has forbidden them.
God on the other hand has told us that the vengeance is his, he offers those that are chosen by him a new spiritual body - no sex slaves but there is spiritual wine, a higher dimensional form stronger than the devil ever had and to be like the REAL angel's not the fallen one's and in time the ability to be like our true father and become creators in our own right, he will always be God the father but we like his one true son will be son's and will make our own world's for so many children that we can not even imagine them, it is not all plain sailing for us though, how many of our kid's will look up and ask why, where were you and fill our ears with there complaint's endlessly, perhaps that is poetic justice that we shall have to see it through his eye's and still be on the eternal road growing toward him but never quite there, still children before him even though we will be fathers in our own right, words over our own world's.
How much more are we than the devil could ever become and that is why he hate's us and creates havoc and war, destroy's and drag's us down, he want's eternal death and God offers us the key's to true eternity with all the joy and woe that may bring but also the wisdom to do it right so that there is more joy than there will ever be woe, he is not the first devil and neither will he be the last, this is not the first earth and neither shall it be the last.
And war AGAINST evil is always morally and Godly justified but only when it is fought with Godly tool's in Godly way's and never will the suffering of an innocent victim be justified though HE suffered for us and is exactly that.

Myself I am scared more of what God offers and just want to stay a son, but he does not force us to do that, it is just that eternity is a very, very, very long time, we can sleep if we want but every sleeper has to wake up sooner or later and it is still eternity no less and no more than that.

The devil want's you to spend eternity with him suffering with him hating like and with him but in that eternity he shall actually be all but forgotten and never more to mind, every new devil will try the same trick's though and you shall be prepared for them.

It's an endless road ahead of you, you are in a boat with your father and even though the storm comes he can calm the waves with but a word of his mouth, the house made of dust will fall but the house made with him will stand for eternity.

edit on 28-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No, war is not okay with Jesus but we are not living in an okay world. We are surviving in a permissive world and as such are expected to honor our Creator above all and then our family.

1Ti_5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Now one can argue this till dooms day but in a permissive environment I would not agree to stand passive as to be slaughtered and if in my power would protect the children and mothers of the children as well as the aged. Jesus would not want this to happen but Jesus does not want many things to happen. We choose our own demise and wars are some of those sins we have created since Adam.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It is not about moral so much as justified.

Would what you are doing be justified in the sight of God? All throughout the Old Testament, God would justify wars, but all throughout the Old Testament, God maintained a much more direct communication to His people, too.

And we know there will be wars right up until the end. Are any of them justified? I don't know. Would you call WWII justified? Again ... we might want to ask the descendants of European Jews and/or other European undesirables to see what they think about that one.

And, of course, there will be one great war at the very end. All left here will fight in that on one side or the other. As Jesus Himself takes part, do you think that is justified?

edit on 28-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OP, You may find an answer within Matthew 24

You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.
But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.
But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What Bible are you reading? Lol

Jaden

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Jesus taught those who choose to follow Him that no violence is acceptable, not even anger.

Did Jesus go into the temple and show righteous anger to the money changers and simply scold them and then walk out?

John_2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Sounds premeditated wouldn't you think? I think Jesus beat the snot out of a lot of people that day and I also believe He had a lot of anger when he whipped the crooks.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The Bible and many other religious texts are FILLED with calls from God to "go into the city and kill every living thing....man woman and child".

So...when it serves God's purposes...what do you think? Innocent children, woman, animals....?

I don't think it is God's calls. I think all those religious texts condoning violence were human invention.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Did Jesus go into the temple and show righteous anger to the money changers and simply scold them and then walk out?

John_2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Sounds premeditated wouldn't you think? I think Jesus beat the snot out of a lot of people that day and I also believe He had a lot of anger when he whipped the crooks.

Yup. An interesting point about Jesus being angry. Sound human to me.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

God is righteous and His anger was directed at the religious elite.
You read Jesus made a scourge and beat people, I don't read that, I read He drove the money changers from the temple, no need to beat anyone

Irrespective, Jesus is God, Christians are not, we don't have that right and it's not offered to Christians to do that anywhere in the NT.
Sounds like you have taken one verse and blown it out of context

Good idea to think, might want to apply that thinking in context

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

What Bible are you reading? Lol

Jaden

Try elaborating, maybe you havnt researched the bible
Lol

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I don't think it is God's calls. I think all those religious texts condoning violence were human invention.

Agree ...I can see it both ways....always found "killing every-thing alive..." even animals and children...extreme...tho I do mostly believe in religious texts found.

As to who wrote what.. whether Bible, Koran...and dozens of others of different beliefs... divinely inspired or whatever....is questionable...allowing "faith in divine inspiration"...hmmm...questionable in itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Irrespective, Jesus is God, Christians are not, we don't have that right and it's not offered to Christians to do that anywhere in the NT.

How so?

John_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. How then is the Most High two gods?

The Most High did not make a scourge but His Son did make a scourge and in anger He made his scourge.

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

What need for a sword than to smite with the sword?

Don't be foolish and cause your house to fall.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Really Seede, you have never heard of the doctrine of thr Trinity

I believe the Trinity is very clear in the bible

As for the sword, it was an Old Testament prophecy. The sword meant a political rebellion and the death sentence was now available to the authorities

Seriously when it says buy "one" sword that means build an army and go to war?
Did you miss the rest of the whole NT bible and just read that one verse about buying a sword, just one sword and that means all Christians should go to war

Love God love each other, two laws, neither suggests war unless war is an extension of love

Ever read " the fruit of the Spirit" don't see war, ever read sermon on the mount, no war?

And you don't see the Trinity?

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Seriously when it says buy "one" sword that means build an army and go to war? Did you miss the rest of the whole NT bible and just read that one verse about buying a sword, just one sword and that means all Christians should go to war Love God love each other, two laws, neither suggests war unless war is an extension of love

Not wishing you a debate but your understanding literature has much to be desired. Jesus very clearly told those of which He was addressing, that if they (each one) had no sword then purchase a sword. We are told that Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. John 18:10

The trinity has nothing to do with this act of using a sword and in fact was not intended to reference this subject. As most critics are so inclined, the word love is more often misunderstood than it is understood. Love must be evaluated in each circumstance it is used. The love of God is a love not definable and is not the same love as towards man. The love towards man is the act of living in peace and refraining from acts of violence but certainly not the same love as one feels towards our Creator or God. Nor is the love towards man meant as accepting that ones actions or mindset. Each act of love is a separate evaluation and degree of emotion. The Trinity is not on the table here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join