It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Would Not Let US Inspect Russian S-400s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We would not want the Russians studying our missile defense systems, I doubt if Russia would want us checking out theirs. Because Turkey is not a true Russian ally, I doubt if their missile defense systems are the same as the ones deployed by their own military in their country. Russia is not dumb, they know that Turkey will allow inspection of their technology by the USA and the EU. I am sure the only missile defense systems employing True Russian technology in Syria are under Russian control. Lesser versions would be available for the Syrian military.
edit on 28-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
Silly person! A strategic strike with a small EMP and all the Fs, even the F35, would be tin cans falling out of the sky.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

No, no they wouldn't. You do realize that EMP testing is part of the certification process, right? All military aircraft and vehicles go through it. There are multiple testing sites that perform the testing and they don't pass certification until they survive the test.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why do you always beat me to it?? **whining**

Oh, well. As I understand it, the testing, as it should be, is very comprehensive. No idea what all is entailed in it, it'd be interesting to witness in person.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This is Atlas I. It was set up at Kirtland in the 60s. Every bit of it was wood, down to the fasteners that held it together. They'd put aircraft on it and hit them with an EMP burst.

Now, they have a wire rig at Pax River that they can taxi under. It hits the aircraft with a massive electrical charge to stimulate an EMP. There are also a couple chambers, such as Benfield at Edwards. They can rotate the floor to put the aircraft in different positions. They put them on jacks and raise the gear and test everything from the aircraft itself to external weapons.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Now that you remind me, I've seen that picture of the Buff on that stand many times. Don't recall ever reading the "why" of it. Now I know!!

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Besides the US and Britain, Turkey has been the most active and militant state actor in the War on Terror.
Pot meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Turkey plays to both sides. Buying nuclear power plants from Russia. Buying F-35 from America. Turkey ain't anyone's ally.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The F-35... is something seriously out of this world. It's combat presence is a 1000x force multiplier.

Thats what they said about the F/117s how they are something out of this world and super stealth lol oops until one of them was shut down in Serbia by an old soviet radar system lol.

F35s are a junk.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Jesus people that say things like this make me laugh my ass off. The F-117 flew thousands of missions against multiple types of air defenses, and against some of the densest defenses we had gone up against since WWII. But because one, that was using tactics that we had learned were insane in Vietnam, was shot down by a very intelligent missile battery commander that took advantage of them, it was a total piece of shit. Give me a damn break.

As for the F-35, if you're basing your comments on that, you got a lot of research to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

One? Out of how many hundreds, if not thousands, of missions over some of the densest AAA/missile defences seen since the second world war?

Yeah, clear evidence of the airplane being horrible.

Oh, I see Zaph beat me to it...oh well.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Is that a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Russia doesn't always sell or give out their real S400s, the reason Americans would love to inspect them is to find ways to destroy them, Russia knows this.

The last time Israel inspected one of Russia S400s it wasn't even the actual one.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
When Turkey announced they would be buying the Russian S-400 missile defense system from Russia I figured after all the bluster from the USA MIC that it would be a great time for NATO/USA to study the S-400 to see what makes them tic.. Well according to Turkey that ain't gonna happen..

Recently, Bloomberg citing two sources reported that Turkey had allegedly offered the United States to explore the S-400 air defence system, which Russia is set to deliver in the near future under the contract.

In turn, following the report, Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar has categorically rejected reports claiming that Ankara had suggested US technicians could study the Russian-made S-400 missile system.

sputniknews.com...

I would have assumed that Russia said, "we make sale to you and no one else gets to play with them".. Russian advisors and spies are no doubt all over the system..

Propaganda got you!

The Us has even more restrictive laws regarding this. For example since Turkey bought the S-400, then the US is refusing to deliver the F-35

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Do you know that the US is running an S-300 battery on their own, that they got from a new ally that happened to have it from before 'that year'

Why would Russian 'spies' be all over the system, when they sold it in the first place and they have very strict terms about it on their contracts? Are US spies and advisers all over the Patriot system, when they deploy it on other countries as well?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

The F-35... is something seriously out of this world. It's combat presence is a 1000x force multiplier.

Thats what they said about the F/117s how they are something out of this world and super stealth lol oops until one of them was shut down in Serbia by an old soviet radar system lol.

F35s are a junk.

They basically took the chance! Anyone would do, they did not know for real.

If a single plane taken down in like 20 years is all you need to speak about another plane and figure out it is junk from what happened once in 20 years for a different plane, then the problem is not on their side but yours, honestly

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The export version of a MiG-29 is still a Mig-29, it just has different capabilities than the domestic version. The export version of the S-400 is still an S-400, it just is slightly degraded when compared to the domestic version. Studying it would still lend a huge advantage against all versions of the system.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join