It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis like event 2 nights ago - worst ever experienced -

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Maybe you have a furnace problem thats leaking just enough carbon monoxide
to cause you to hallucinate / have dream paralysis, yet not enough to kill?

Check out this link to Carbon Monoxide Induced "Ghost Hauntings":
www.ghostvillage.com...

OP I think that it's important that you at least check this out. If it's carbon monoxide that is causing this than this problem is officially over for you. Happened on a cold night after lots of rain (Relative warmth), couldn't keep yourself awake after these episodes took place, woke up feeling fine after 11am (After the sun had started to warm your house up), etc...
edit on 28-12-2018 by SwoopOpolous because: more thoughts

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think I should make it clear that the time I envoked "Jesus" I'm not certain I said it outloud and it may have been in my dream state. In all honesty, as close as I can remember was that while experiencing this "attack" while still asleep was that I thought "Oh Jesus", not "Jesus Christ" - it is possible I may have thought/said "Oh Jesus help (me)" or something like that while still "paralyzed and I think I was still asleep.

I have to appologize for the long posts, but whenever I leave facts out, it is inevitable that later down the line SOMEONE will question an aspect or issue, which I would have included in to OP, but had omitted to save space, so I've learned to include as much info as possible to give a full account/picture of what happened and being it happened less than 36 hours before my post, it was fresh in my mind and I wanted a COMPLETE accounting of what happened for later reference either for myself or others studying this issue. I didn't do it to ramble to to get more attention (longer time of reading), but ommitting some facts can be the difference between some others completely identifying with the experience or only partially - and adding in "oh, well this too happened" (after someone else added their story which included a part I omitted for space reasons), leads to questioning if I'm making it up as I go along.

As we can see, there are MANY who have had near identical experiences or parts that are identical and I can safely say I don't know any of these people and my background is probably much different than most of these people (no religion through life, no scary movies until about 30yrs old, WELL after these things started happening) and I had never heard of the "old hag" until after my research when it had happened to me for a couple years. So I don't think it is my mind using past stories to conjure images/situation based on old stories, movies, experiences of others as I had never heard of any of them until after it happened to me.

As for the music, I'd classify it as 1920'/30's swing or "big band" swing. I remember hearing "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)" is a 1931 composition by Duke Ellington" along with other popular songs of that era which I don't know by name, but have heard many times from my grand parents and movies.

My house wasn't even built until about ;at 1970 when it was a single room "tool shed" for a farmer (bachelor living alone) tending to the larger farm property as a worker for the farm. It was expanded room by room and is still small and has a total of 6 occupants, first was a man from 1970 to 86 (passed away at age 94+ - former town police chief), then a middle age man who was the equipment operator doing improvements on about 30+ acres of the land - ~ 3 years, then a PA trooper (24yrs old when moved in ) for 3 years, then Father & daughter (girl im my grade) lived for 8-9 yrs until 2004/5, then me. The only shady people were the heavy equipment operator & state trooper (man have i got stories about him........ way he acted to a kid in 6th to 9th grade - would be in jail these days...). The father daughter were nice but girls BF who spent A LOT of time there had cancer for almost 3 years and died - he hated me b/c I was friendly/close with the girl but shy towards her. I think the original occupant (~94 yr old) MAY have died in the house but he seemed like a nice old man who was always friendly to me any my family ( I would have been 6-9yrs old in his last years). So IDK if this could be a haunting from this old guy b/c his family owned the property for probably 100+ years as a farm field.

Thanks again to everyone who has shared experiences. I'd like to make a poll to find out how many beleive it is simply "sleep paralysis" caused by what doctors explain (chemistry and such in brain/body), or if it has a more esoteric/supernatural aspect to it which is the main cause causing the paralysis that the doctors fixate on saying it is a medical condition. I think the doctors have a HUGE interest in saying it's medical b/c they loose power by saying it is supernatural as how to you bill for that?

We need to get a group together. ATS needs to allow members to form individual groups where members can discuss topics w/o the rest of the site seeing it. There are LOTS of forum sites that do this and it is one of the best features of the site.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My house wasn't even built until about ;at 1970 when it was a single room "tool shed" for a farmer (bachelor living alone) tending to the larger farm property as a worker for the farm. It was expanded room by room

Definitely get some carbon monoxide detectors. Some good ones. What is realistically more likely, your brain tripping out because of the lack of oxygen binding to hemoglobin or a paranormal experience?"

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wonder if an experience like yours is heightened senses during sleep OP.

You're in a deep sleep, your ears pick up noises that would normally awaken you, but you're too deep, so instead of waking up, perhaps your brain just started generating every scenario possible that could of arose from those foot step sounds outside. As your mind would be doing when awake as you assess the situation and strategize.

Your mind starts projecting 'shadows' as part of this mental simulation. The generic black intruder, what it will be like to have to fight them and the possible outcomes, black because you do not yet know what the REAL intruder looks like yet because you're asleep.

What you experienced may of only been seconds. We've all had dreams that felt like they went for hours or days that in reality were only a few seconds according to science.
Time perception just seems to work differently at a conscious level for some reason.

I lean towards you had a combination of sleep paralyses, lucid, or semi lucid dreaming, combined with a real life event, and unfortunately due to a short in the mind and body you ended up with a scarily distorted view on what was just reality.
How well do you know your house and land? Pretty well from the way you describe it I imagine.
So the out of body floating around could just be that knowledge being given form in your mind.
Kind of a "Okay, I am here, the noise is there, so good chance the intruder is there. So I will do this."

While these things are often terrifying and surreal, almost supernatural in how they make us feel as we experience them. I believe it's all scientifically/medical explainable though.

tl;dr
The systems we have to wake us up to threats like hearing, touch and smell while we sleep, got cross wired with your deep and REM sleep causing you to visualize what your body was trying to tell you instead.

That's my 2 cents on it any way.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Like I said, its just fear. The reason why you were put through the scenarios is just because it worked. The fact that there may have been somebody outside, is really of no consequence. If there was, and you were hyped off in dream land, you would have been to out of it to even know or notice. And even if there was a guy out there, well, without the nightmares you would have probably done the same thing, heard a sound, garbed your gun and wait to see who comes in, only you would have been more lucid to home intruder or whatever else.

And also why fear the reaper? If you dont know yourself and can control yourself, there are plenty of other who are more then willing to do it for you. The sleep gremlins being one of many such that are willing to fill in that job for you, if you are not willing to do it yourself.

The whole Jesus thing, again. To them it means absolutely nothing, they don't operate by words as you can no doubt tell, they don't know who Jesus is, or even for that matter who you are, they dont even speak english, though some speak older languages, which offcouse is useless as a form of communications as its all dead languages. Which again, just defeats the whole purpose of communicating things through. Its like one guy talking french and the other Spanish at the same time, both of which not understanding what the other guy is saying.

And when I say they feed on fear. I mean that is what they are and there existence. That is it, its like a string, you cut it, there is nothing there. There is no fleeing, as in they don't retreat, there is no hiding, you did not banish them or fight them off, you cut off the fear, you cut them off, simple as that, its like removing a watering hole in the woods, you do that then the animals will not go there anymore because there is no water for them to drink in that spot.

The rest is just interpretations of your mind.

So in reality if you believed that having the light on, or your pet rock has magical properties for protection and actually on some level believe that rock being by your side did all that. Then it would, really not that different then the whole placebo effect in today's medicines. The best way to keep all that away, is simply to not believe at all.

So as you can see the greater population is quite inoculated to such things.

But aside from all that, as it is unimportant. Your right on this whole forum thing. I mean lets face it, none of us are on the same wavelength, and contrary to popular believe, experience is the only form of knowledge. So ya! Your right talking or sharing your experiences with those who have not ever experienced something like it.

Is a complete waste of time. It not even human nature, its nature period.

#! Your not likely to even get a democrat and republican to agree on things, in trivial things even in that nobody sees eye to eye. Even though they may be on the same wavelength, there on a .0001 different pitch. Which is to say there practically twins. So what change does something or somebody that is actually on a different whole and different wavelength have of seeing eye to eye? And some are not even in the same dimension even though to the untrained eye they appear to be.

As you can see, you may as well talk to your dog or cat about your little sleeping problems, it would have the same effect, in fact may be a much better experience. And you would have likely learned a lot more from it as well.

So ya, though I am not one of them. I agree with this whole sort of sectioned off forums thing, it was how ATS used to be anyways, and in reality it still how it is. Maybe you weirdos need to get your own forum without all the interrupting comments from all the random none believers. If anything it would make things more interesting here on this site. Everybody seems to have there own club anyways, and a sign on the door of who needs to stay out. But that may be the way of things.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I am going to keep your link and report out the next time I have sleep paralysis with the "presence" or the noise of a radio playing in the back ground as I never read anything about the radio noise until I read your post. Thanks for sharing. As I mentioned I have vivid dreams in color and most are fast moving. I also can feel pain or touch in the dream. I dream daily and sometimes have 15 different dreams per night. As for that I will probably die in my sleep being frightened to death.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DogfacedEngineer

Eh the opening and closing of wormholes and passing one through it requires immobility, thrashing around could harm you in the rehousing of you infinite forms to infinite worlds... hence the reason why mummies were encased with incense etc. in the king and queens chamber? Both would do their various tasks to the people... rising in and out of each other in spirit until final union to be shot out of the 3rd eye... one side being married to Ra or day and one side married to Rei or the night.

Many call such a thing an abduction and of course of the alien kind; means a different experience one is not used to having or one that is not common place.

This goes on ad inifitum until one can awake and adjust to such a thing as a normalcy... a "relative" once described the exact same thing you say you experienced; with her "brother". Later she started having what was known as "missing time" bearing witness to such an event... and driving out to nowhere as if in a blackout and waking up and not knowing how she got there. Later she froze dead in her tracks in a bookstore seeing the cover of the novel titled: Communion; then all of her memories flooded back... like a black hole having a total recall, it means there is a lot to sit and sift through like an archaeologist over one's whole entire lifespan... visual memory is a reflection of light and shadow... in the so called dark night of the spirit only then does one grasp color for the first time as an absolute of reality.

That is why children chose their own palates of color... as they cannot choose their own palette for food. The phenomina or carry over of this is known as synesthesia or a sense awareness that remains so during anaesthesia... and then tries to synthesis or distill out the very essence of their own being. The mystical drop or mana can also take the form of prana or simply breath... whether mental or physical? Sometimes it is best to save it as such a drop does not fall below the center of one's brow.

The sweat of one's brow from this life simply fills the womb of their next birth.

Anyways; it is what it is and there is no need to even go further in explanation as wisdom is born from three dimensions coming together as one... as that is all that is required to bend or wrap light around a crystal or simply one small facet of being.

The hypothesis of crystalline beings or awareness is accurate... metals are also crystalline. All of that vibrating at various rates and densities give of a signature. The same as one's own body or form... making the name to suchness as that? Useless and needless... this is why such beings are said to have mind to mind communication or communion with each other.

Yet all speaks... when all speaks in one tongue? A wall has been built... the question is does Tom keep his thumb in the plum or let the dam burst fearing how it stung the last time fruition occurred?

Not clinging to life? One comes to know the corpse, not clinging to the corpse? One knows life...

Dragging either around is obviously choice... unless one has made some stupid contract with some ignorance called "higher or lower" mired in the delusion that there is one universal reality instead of innumerable or immeasurable...

a calendar that goes by long counts; are measured in two ways... back turns(regression) and back tons(progression)... the bactun. When neither? The dam has burst and it's just recession...

As a wink and a nod to life aware of itself as a who and what it is? To avoid being that slave knowing the burden too heavy? "A good horse runs under the shadow of the whip."

Going into this further? There are various shamanistic tales of such journeys of the spirit...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hmm.

Well, it sounds like an entity has got your number when it comes to enabling sleep paralysis, triggering fear and getting you back into sleep into a cycle.

'Restarting' is a trick you learned to be able to get out of a bad situation and do just that, restart your process of getting out of sleep paralysis.

Problem it sounds like is that you're getting re triggered into fear States right away.

Notice it's always a black form, person, myst, shadow. Also notice it always is trying to break in. Also notice that as soon as fear hits another type of Energy hits too, probably to extract maximum amount of emotion from you.

Things to try: do not let fear come over you when sleep paralysis happens. Allow yourself to understand you're going through something you've gone through many times before and you've gotten out ok no matter how bad it seems. You're safe.

What I do is either go back to sleep or if I need to I can focus on a specific part of the body usually my arm or hand and I focus on moving it. I put all my concentration and thought on just moving it. If I can successfully move my limb in my real body then I can wake myself up.

Once you've established your given authority in the realm of your space and body these types of things tend not to happen anymore.

Dont use anger fear or pleasure.

Keep cool, focused and concentrated.

Establish authority in your space and understand that only you keep the right to give in or not. Fear is a favored tactic because its primal and it activates us in a way where we have trouble bringing the rational mind to help us and we react in instinctual predictable patterns.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I usually watch these videos regarding those kind of
experiences:

m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So you want to consider anything.

Are you a Christian?

If you are, try pleading the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ when you are attacked.

If you're not, become one! Or at least, try casting it out in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Why do I say Lord Jesus Christ?

Because Lord is His office, Jesus is His name, and Christ is His title. He is God.

To make sure you've got the right one. There's guys in Mexico called Jesus, that is not who we are talking about.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Or Enter the Everlasting Dragon.

edit on 29-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ive had sleep paralysis countless times ,theres the other things that go along with it ,like feeling a tingling sensation in my legs which was always the beginning of something ,it could be different things ,one was the ''electric shock'' treatment ,I would feel a tingling all over my body then Bang Hit with an electric type shock , my mattress near my feet would start vibrating ,this would go on for minutes I could sit up put my hand on it and feel it vibrating .One night the kitchen table did it for minutes then stopped then started again ,I could put my hand on the table and feel it .Others I would be lying bed a radio would be playing ,when I got up to investigate it would stop ,or there would be a human voice ,and like an Elf like voice talking ,the Elf voice would be giggling and laughing ,again when I got out of bed it stopped .There would be bed shaking ,pushing ,the minute I got to sleep they would wake me up ,I had to always sleep with the light on .Then not just paralysis ,but active attacks a physical attack which you would be wrestling with them aggressive ,then just the Menace Attack ,just mega presence of Evil that just scared the bejesus out of you .Another time I decided to sleep in another bedroom and woke up there was this massive commotion in the ceiling ,like two BIG people fighting ,the roof was banging violently ,considering there is insulation it didn't quieten it one bit ,I laid in bed expected something to break through the ceiling ,I didn't want to peer through the manhole in the roof for fear of what the hell I might see

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: preludefanguy

Putting the breath on lock does the same thing... the natural response to fear is to outwardly freeze well if one is already immobile stopping the breath halts oneself.

OBE's etc move around and use your breath or vital force to manifest and feed off of... the unseen sort, seeing the black sort and white sort in the forms of masses or smoke requires an inner purity that many do not have or possess for such a thing to manifest itself on the outside.

Becoming static; cleanses "both" houses inner and outer. Physical meditation goal at first is to immobilize the body... all one notices then is "speech" many take that speech as a thought instead of an echo... so then seeing all of that "thought" as not self never was self and just contact when not immobile? One comes to know it is continually arising and passing away... as well as "those" attached to such in of course their own "language" or grasping of it. Cease to grasp and eventually all of that thought stops... sound does not. But shifting awareness can subdue such a thing from the ear to the eye.

Was it just your imagination? No. It was your grasping... no one can be said to have created anything around you... you carry it all with you as either a debt or a burden; the difference? Inner and outer grasping.

All chains of such bondage are formed by one thing ignorance; a state of knowing and not knowing... the peace or calm and patience to learn wisdom? Makes all the difference... between bound and free, as the consciousnesses that grasp can and do. Those booting all inner and outer as one? Have never truly been separate... it just takes a vast untold amount of time for time to cease being a measure... in such an instant all wounds are healed.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
go check out your blood count. some disorder with glucose, pressure may explain your symptoms. hyperglycemia and/or thyroid gland problems can totally mess your sleeping
edit on 30-12-2018 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

When dreams kill: The phenomenon of sleep paralysis

Well, I read some information on the web and saw this one article. Just what we need to spice up this thread!

theweek.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Hey check this out:

www.theguardian.com...

The ‘paranormal’ symptoms of sleep paralysis

The 2015 documentary ‘The Nightmare’ focused on sufferers of sleep paralysis disorders, and the terrifying experiences they have when they go to bed. It highlights how complex the condition can be, and how it blurs the lines between sleep, dreams, mental health – and even the paranormal.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I forgot to add that when I heard the "radio" music I lived in zip code 14072. Its an Island between the USA and Canada. On it were several working radio and television transmitter towers including WNEDTV @ 43°1′48″N 78°55′15″W. These towers are over 1000' high. One possibility that I thought was that their signals were bouncing off my metal fireplace flue and Chimney liner. It did not happen daily but at random at night and it wasn't a frequent occurrence. I also had a Yamaha Receiver get "zapped" according to their warranty department. It was connected to a monster home theater power conditioner and it blew out that specific "bank" in the power conditioner that the Yamaha was connected to. Never solved that one.

If you own an Android phone you can download several Apps to detect EMP or electrical anomalies or WIFI signal strength. I have used them and they do work . Here's one link for an EMP

download.cnet.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i used to see dark figures in sleep paralysis. since becoming immersed in yogic practises (spinal breathing deepmeditation kriya) i only see yogis. ive projected from crown in sleep paraylsis. I think you attract bad entities when your energies are in lower regions of the spine. yogis and perfected beings come visit when your energies reach the heart throat ajna and above

(post by glassySound removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join