It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis like event 2 nights ago - worst ever experienced -

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I thought I was past having these issues but I went to bed about 1am after Christmas and about 2 hours later I started getting this strange episode that often happens to me in the morning when I'm waking up.

This experience is that I feel I'm waking up in bed, the room looks normal, but my body is incredibly heavy - its all I can to to sit up and my eyes are SUPER heavy and want to stay closed. I then get up like I'm waking up and getting out of bed - then random odd stuff happens and after a few minutes I'm back in bed waking up again in the exact same scenario. This can happen anywhere from 5 - 15x before I actually wake up for real, and each time my body gets heavier and harder to move in this "dream" or paralysis state.

So this time I "wake up" (dreaming this) and when I leave the bed room I hear someone trying to get into the front door like trying to break in and I freak out, look around for my guns but they are no where to be found - back to the waking in the bed - new scenario. This time as I exited my bed room I was attacked by someone in all black (face covered) and I was wrestling them but they were crazy strong and pinned me beating me - back to the waking in bed - next scenario. It's impossible to move in bed or sit up and I feel there is someone right behind my bedroom door, like a black/shadow/nebulous entity - extreme fear rushes through me and I realized I had "awoke" a few times before and I was thinking "sleep paralysis" or "spiritual attack", I didn't know which. So I remember basically building up rage, anger and flexing my muscles trying to break free of what was holding me down and try to roll over and sit up (rolling over is easier than sitting up). At this point I woke up, still flat on my back and I felt a wave of energy pass from the top of my head to my feet (took about 5 seconds) and it was like an electrical feeling (similar to EXTREMELY strong orgasm - but very negative feeling - nothing pleasurable about it) and an overwhelming feeling of fear, dread and the presence of something malevolent. My heart was POUNDING at almost 200+ BPM, heavy breathing and still pinned to the bed. After about 20 seconds this passed as I observed the room (light behind the cracked door, which seemed to have shadowy movement behind it).

I finally sat up and got my gun out of my drawer, sat there for 2-3 mins and then put my head down and w/n 1 second I was OUT again (NEVER happens, I take forever to get back to sleep after this, sometimes I can't). Next I know I'm waking again and hear someone at the front door trying to get in, as I run towards it I find myself waking again but this time I'm outside my house "hovering maybe" watching someone walk right past my bedroom window next to my bed, hearing the crunch with each foot step from the frozen garden ground and leaves (it had rained for ~5 days before then dropped to ~16F so ice crystals pushed up from ground causing raised ice/dirt) - this scared the crap out of me but I somehow knew I was listening from my bed, so I woke again (for real this time) couldn't move as the same dread/fear passed form top of head down to feet. The feeling was SO intense I can't describe it, it very similar to being tazed while having an orgasm maybe. When it passed hear rate was pounding again same as before and I was in a panic. Got out of bed, grabbed a blanket & pistol, grabbed extra mags (thought someone was outside next to my bedroom) and moved to a safer room and sat down in a chair, watching the front door area and listening closely.

After about 45 mins of nothing, I stayed in the chair, covered up with blanket and got comfortable and was OUT again within seconds (again this is INCREDIBLY ODD - it's like I was hypnotized and someone triggered me to sleep). I went through 4 more of the waking episodes, that were different than before, don't really remember them, one I was being attacked in my house, got stabbed and was bleeding out from my side abdomen. When I finally woke I had similar full body sensation, not near as intense as before and didn't feel evil presence. Woke disoriented a little (spinning head, super heavy eyes) and decided I had enough of this for the night.

I went back to my bedroom and suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open again, like I was HEAVILY drugged. Grabbed a drink from fridge, put that and gun next to bed. Turned on lamp and covered with towel to dim the light & kept it on rest of night (never had these episodes when a light was on). Sat down planning to read a little but again was out within a few seconds - again completely unusual (usually takes 20-45mins to fall asleep after any interruption or when going to bed for night). It was now about 5am. I woke about 11am and felt fine.

I went outside and looked next to my bedroom on the ground. Foot prints in the raised ice/dirt, someone walked past last night - no one has walked past there in over 10+ days and the chickens had tilled the whole area since that, so they had to have been done the night before. Very creepy. I also wouldn't hear the footsteps from inside my house as I've had workers there before and I know I can't hear people right outside unless they are loud and talking, let alone crunching of ice/dirt.

Now I'll admit that this might be in some part sleep paralysis but I will not believe it is that alone. After all the experiences I have had since 8 years old (before I had EVER watched a scary movie or had reason to fear the dark) I had very terrifying experiences (actually night terrors going back to 2 years old or maybe slightly earlier until at least 14-15 years old). There are reportings of these types of things in ALL cultures and people more in touch with spirituality KNOW there is more to it than "sleep paralysis" (chemical's in body) - that is just science BS'ing b/c they can't admit spiritual/supernatural forces.

So if you are going to talk up how normal sleep paralysis is, save your breath and move on. I'd like to discuss the things cultures have known about for 1000's of years before they were silenced by science.

Edit: - I need to add that when I got that full body sensation upon waking (sweeping from Head moving down body to toes) it was like the feeling when you sense imminate danger, like walking down a dark alley with 4-6 guys following you - keeping back - but you know they are going to jump/stab/kill you if you don't get the F out of there. It's like that feeling but about 10x more intense.

Edit 2 - PPS - I was wondering if this was some kind of DEW (directed energy weapon) that made me just fall asleep like I was triggered by something and then maybe something else that triggered the full body feeling. I've had add experiences where I have had odd noises in the walls I can only hear from certain points in the room (usually in bed in one spot), sounds of old time radio (music and talk radio from maybe the 1920's) but when I move 1ft in one direction, the noise goes away - and many other things similar to that. It happened A LOT for 5+ years from 2008 to ~2013, then just completely stopped. I had no medication changes and no meds that would cause these "hallucinations".

edit on 12 27 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I experience sleep paralysis multiple times a month. You should never bring a firearm into that situation. That said, I've learned I can usually move my wrist a bit, so I normally sleep with a finger hooked around my partner's waist band when they're wearing anything. That way they wake up when I can flail enough.

The strange thing is - and I'm about to do a thread on this - is that I often see the same entity during sleep paralysis, and it often seems to be going for my partner. After many years together, they told me of a paranormal experience to me while I was at work. Before they could describe it, I described it for them, in detail, even describing our cats reaction and where it happened.

I've experienced a lot of paranormal phenomenon. A surprising number of those experiences have been shared with other people. I think there's more to sleep paralysis than we give credit.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That was long, I read most of it, but I can relate.

I've had nights like that, the way I would describe them is leveled dreaming, dreams in dreams in dreams.

When you are finally truly "awake" it's very disorienting. You feel exhausted, confused and VERY uncomfortable.

I know where I am, but at the same time feel like I'm someplace completely foreign.

The human mind is one hell of a machine.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I experience sleep paralysis multiple times a month. You should never bring a firearm into that situation. That said, I've learned I can usually move my wrist a bit, so I normally sleep with a finger hooked around my partner's waist band when they're wearing anything. That way they wake up when I can flail enough.

The strange thing is - and I'm about to do a thread on this - is that I often see the same entity during sleep paralysis, and it often seems to be going for my partner. After many years together, they told me of a paranormal experience to me while I was at work. Before they could describe it, I described it for them, in detail, even describing our cats reaction and where it happened.

I've experienced a lot of paranormal phenomenon. A surprising number of those experiences have been shared with other people. I think there's more to sleep paralysis than we give credit.

I 100% agree except the firearm. I never keep it there except this time b/c of the violent dreams of being attacked and the footsteps outside - I thought maybe they were my "soul" warning me, or something else. I don't sleep with it in my hand, lol. It's a few ft away, saftey on. I've never touched my gun while not being completely awake and cognizant of what is going on.

I forgot to mention my motion sensor lights were on after I woke up after hearing the steps, which means someone went towards my front door.... Cats and even dogs don't set it off, small children (4ft or less) don't either, so I feel I was rightly spooked. Sometimes strange sheet happens on Christmas night/eve or around that time.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I've had nights like that, the way I would describe them is leveled dreaming, dreams in dreams in dreams.

When you are finally truly "awake" it's very disorienting. You feel exhausted, confused and VERY uncomfortable.

I know where I am, but at the same time feel like I'm someplace completely foreign.

The last part was the better part. Sorry it was long, believe me it felt much longer to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: MisterSpock

The last part was the better part. Sorry it was long, believe me it felt much longer to me.

I get the gist, I've been there.

It's one of the oddest and most confusing things I think anyone can experience. I think most have, to some degree, but for some it goes so much deeper.

I've had to sit in bed at night and literally establish the basics of my reality just to fall back asleep. Its weird, but odder still is how fast it fades away.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis and shadow people. Been there.
Not fun.
Traumatic 10x.
Your story is one of the worst ive heard.
Gun is a bad idea.
May i suggest a Louisville Slugger with a bunch of crystals and stuff duct taped to it.
Not for defence mind you, but it will help lighten the mood if youre under shadowman attack

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You know, I experience sleep paralysis often, but I also experience "waking dreams" in which I see the same entities but it's as I'm getting up. I don't go back to sleep; I'm awake. These people are extremely defined; I just don't pay them much mind because I'm used to it. They seem more curious than anything... As if they're surprised I see them...

Anyway, be careful with the firearm. Especially if you are sleeping with a partner.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Aye. I've had it the last few nights since Christmas as well. Been a long time since I've had it mostly because I don't get much sleep lately.

Same thing, had the auditory hallucinations that someone was trying to break in my front door or windows.

Then last night/ this morning I had to tell a little Gray bastard I'd kill the bastard if he ever came in here again.

Crazy stuff I hate it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I know that feel bröther

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Nope, he's going to get a good old-fashioned manhandlin' strangle if he got the juevos to come back

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've never had the break-in attempt of the "dream' of fighting/being stabbed before. I remember thinking - well, i'm not making it out of this one - I'm bleeding out - while in the dream - then bam, back to waking up in the bed for round 3 or 4. I've had that happen maybe to 15x where I've woken up back in the same spot, like groundhog day - all part of one long experience. But each time it erases the previous "event" so I don't remember most of them until I'm finally awake, then they slowly come back (the most recent ones are FRESH).

That is really odd that you had them too since Christmas and this was one of the more peaceful/happy one's I've had in decades probably. That leads me to believe it's spiritual, with entities trying to ruin this feeling, drain the happiness energy or something.

I found when I finally figure out I'm going through this, and often it feels like a bad entity is in the corner of the room, hiding behind the door, I become 400% determined to get up and charge it and do harm to it cuz I'm mad a all h3ll. After that I usually don't have issues again for along time. It's like they feed on fear and they wither/go away when you challenge them of show no fear. It takes a while to realize that YOU have the power and it seems to end the episode very quickly.

If you can manage to try that i'd love to see if it stops them for you for a long period or at least the night. Good luck to you people facing this.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I know that feel bröther

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THat's awesome! Kinda feel like that at first, but I swear, anger and rage at the "entity" (even if it is in your head) and it seems to high tail it out of there. Of course some people have chiwawa type rage where others have a bit more "intense" forms of it (like a pack of hell hounds bottled up inside)- it's often a result of childhood (abuse, rough neighborhood, bullying,etc).

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sounds terrifying. I've had a similar experience but only once. I woke up laying in my bed and a dark entity in a trench coat who was wearing a top hat was standing over my bed & it said I was going to die soon. It then started strangling me & I couldn't move. I then woke up for real completely terrified. It was the most realistic dream I've ever had. A couple weeks after this dream I had an aortic aneurism where I would have died if I did not take myself to the hospital. I've told my friends about this experience & one of them told me he'd also met the dark entity in the top hat. Also multiple people online have also told met that they've me the dark entity in the top hat. I believe there's more to it then sleep paralysis. Maybe it was death who I met or maybe i actually died and continued my life In a parallel dimension. I think this may have to do with the Mandela effect & deja vu as well. I also have a theory that the dream state may be eternal reality & what we perceive as reality may be a temporary dream.

www.demonicpedia.com...
edit on 27-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Sounds terrifying. I've had a similar experience but only once. I woke up laying in my bed and a dark entity in a trench coat who was wearing a top hat was standing over my bed & it said I was going to die soon. It then started strangling me & I couldn't move. I then woke up for real completely terrified. It was the most realistic dream I've ever had. A couple weeks after this dream I had an aortic aneurism where I would have died if I did not take myself to the hospital. I've told my friends about this experience & one of them told me he'd also met the dark entity in the top hat. Also multiple people online have also told me that they've me the dark entity in the top hat. I believe there's more to it then sleep paralysis. Maybe it was death who I met or maybe i actually died and continued my life In a parallel dimension. I think this may have to do with the Mandela effect & deja vu as well. I also have a theory that the dream state may be eternal reality & what we perceive as reality may be a temporary dream.

Heard this before (top hat man). I think there was an X-files or something about it, an old, skinny man played the role - or it could have been from Supernatural (Dean & Sam W)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Someday perhaps I'll write about my experiences with this nightmare called sleep paralysis I picked up while doing 3rd shift work and daytime college. I feel you though. The sleep Dr I saw said that he had patients that thought they were literally cursed by witches. Still happens to me now and then when I'm really over my limit and need sleep.

My own experiences made me realize how easy it would be to mistake it for alien abduction. I'll say this. Focus on a center inside you and don't let go. I think of it as chi, but that's not the important part. Just focus on your center.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's like "falling" into deeper levels of subconscious.

I've had "loops" of being suffocated and held down, only to "wake up" and be continually subjected to it for several "layers" of awakening.

People in the room, suffocation, physical assaults, "hearing intrusions" etc.... layered, when I finally come out, its surreal.

At the time it's almost "life altering", a day later I find it fascinating and inconsequential. I think all the mysteries in the universe pale in comparison to the human consciousness.

Still pretty freaky though.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have heard many stories about sleep paralysis and also the shadow man. Luckily, I have never had an experience with either of them. I can only imagine how terrifying that must be. There have been threads on such things if any of you wish to dig further.

These threads are of course good for those who have had the same or similar experiences.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis in the past that involved hearing a pounding on my front door followed by footsteps around me and trying so hard to wake up and finally managed to do so, nothing was there. This has happened maybe a total of two times.

Well, in the last month it has happened to me two more times, but more terrifying. The first recent time; I could see my whole room but two arms coming out of my bed were intertwined with my arms and suffocating me while holding me down; I was trying to yell for my husband who was not in the vicinity. I finally awoke and was emotionally shaken.

The most recent was similar but I felt a deeper sense of dread while being held down by something heavy. What is strange was i started saying Jesus several times and it released me from that sleep paralysis. What caused me to say Jesus, I don't know other than I have a strong connection to God/Jesus but do not attend church. I know it sounds crazy, I am still freaked out and hope to never experience that again.

edit on 27-12-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: Add word more

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Maybe you have a furnace problem thats leaking just enough carbon monoxide
to cause you to hallucinate / have dream paralysis, yet not enough to kill?

Check out this link to Carbon Monoxide Induced "Ghost Hauntings":
www.ghostvillage.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join